Harness

Are there diagrams or at least measurements for the width of the harness strapping and the padding parts that go on it?

@MrPoopie -- any insight?

1 minute ago, BikerScout007 said:

@MrPoopie -- any insight?

I've looked through that WIP but really only saw the completed part, except for a small diagram. It looks about 2" wide, but I can't tell for sure. I'm also not sure what it's supposed to be made of--nylon webbing? seat belt material?  The CRL for the Biker Scout is so precise, so this one is throwing me, but I know it's very different because of the source material. I'm trying to help a buddy make his, and I don't want to do it improperly for him.

1 minute ago, jennyruth said:

Are there diagrams or at least measurements for the width of the harness strapping and the padding parts that go on it?

The harness webbing straps are 2". The pads are going to be just slightly larger, maybe another 1/4" on each side of the webbing. The foam filling inside the padded parts should be some kind of sewable foam that's no more than 1/4" thick. Think of them as backpack straps and you should be able to picture it better.

2 minutes ago, MrPoopie said:

The harness webbing straps are 2". The pads are going to be just slightly larger, maybe another 1/4" on each side of the webbing. The foam filling inside the padded parts should be some kind of sewable foam that's no more than 1/4" thick. Think of them as backpack straps and you should be able to picture it better.

So we make the padded parts or are those things I should buy?

Just now, jennyruth said:

I've looked through that WIP but really only saw the completed part, except for a small diagram. It looks about 2" wide, but I can't tell for sure. I'm also not sure what it's supposed to be made of--nylon webbing? seat belt material?  The CRL for the Biker Scout is so precise, so this one is throwing me, but I know it's very different because of the source material. I'm trying to help a buddy make his, and I don't want to do it improperly for him.

Nylon webbing will be the easiest to work with and acquire.

Since we only had the video game screenshots to work with we have to fill in the blanks with what the designers were going for. We also need to make it easiest enough to build and procure parts.

• Like 1

Just now, jennyruth said:

So we make the padded parts or are those things I should buy?

You're going to want to make the padded parts out of black canvas vinyl with foam filling. These pads can vary slightly in size depending on  your body shape and size.

1 minute ago, MrPoopie said:

You're going to want to make the padded parts out of black canvas vinyl with foam filling. These pads can vary slightly in size depending on  your body shape and size.

Gotcha. Are there any up close and personal shots of yours around anywhere?

Hopefully this helps a bit.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WLcn4EChJx2Vg7Fw5

Click on the image below to go my Flickr album as well.

Fallen Order Scout

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrPoopie said:

Hopefully this helps a bit.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WLcn4EChJx2Vg7Fw5

Click on the image below to go my Flickr album as well.

Fallen Order Scout

Thanks so much! Looks like it will be fun to draft those patterns. Does this look right for the padding fabric? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C5QGJ68/ref=ox_sc_act_image_2?smid=A3H6SIB8OTJKIR&psc=1

7 minutes ago, jennyruth said:

Thanks so much! Looks like it will be fun to draft those patterns. Does this look right for the padding fabric? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C5QGJ68/ref=ox_sc_act_image_2?smid=A3H6SIB8OTJKIR&psc=1

It's difficult to see the backside. Basically you can go with normal black vinyl if it's easier to find. If you use vinyl canvas you just want to make sure that the backside is smooth and slightly shiny like normal vinyl. The smooth side is the side you'll have facing outwards. Something like that fabric below.

https://www.fabric.com/buy/ug-955/marine-vinyl-black

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrPoopie said:

It's difficult to see the backside. Basically you can go with normal black vinyl if it's easier to find. If you use vinyl canvas you just want to make sure that the backside is smooth and slightly shiny like normal vinyl. The smooth side is the side you'll have facing outwards. Something like that fabric below.

https://www.fabric.com/buy/ug-955/marine-vinyl-black

Gotcha! That makes sense. Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

I have a little tweaking to do, but otherwise does this look about right for the padding pieces?

FVw6ayO.jpg

e7Sf4Vl.jpg

2 minutes ago, jennyruth said:

I have a little tweaking to do, but otherwise does this look about right for the padding pieces?

FVw6ayO.jpg

e7Sf4Vl.jpg

It sure does.

• Thanks 1

Is the edge stitching ok to have on this? Construction wise, it’s helpful, and I like the aesthetic, but not sure about how it would be received.

Nve0g90.jpg

I do like the way looks but the in-game models don't have it. That being said we don't have a L2. I would like to see what others think. What do you think @BikerScout007?

STAR WARS Jedi_ Fallen Order™_20191211191540

Just now, MrPoopie said:

I do like the way looks but the in-game models don't have it. That being said we don't have a L2. I would like to see what others think. What do you think @BikerScout007?

STAR WARS Jedi_ Fallen Order™_20191211191540

Yeah, I noticed the screen shots don’t have any top stitching but that The Wagner’s did (I think), so I wasn’t sure.

I really don't see this as an issue. I doubt any GML will look thay closely.  It would be an L2 thing anyway which we probably won't have for this trooper. 

• Thanks 2