Mandalorian Scout Lancer drafting

Looking forward to submitting mine for lvl 2 approval. It’s all there and ready.

One question are we going with 3/4” ribbed elastic or 1” ribbed on the shoulder, bicep, and knee? 

• Like 1

On 7/25/2021 at 1:25 AM, TKZombie said:

Looking forward to submitting mine for lvl 2 approval. It’s all there and ready.

One question are we going with 3/4” ribbed elastic or 1” ribbed on the shoulder, bicep, and knee? 

I was going to go with either/or.   Walt didn't know what size they used so we can only make a reasonable guess.

2 minutes ago, BikerScout007 said:

I was going to go with either/or.   Walt didn't know what size they used so we can only make a reasonable guess.

Probably for the best, it’s pretty hard to see much difference between the two being 1/4” apart. Thig big one is the bicep as the ROTJ has 2” a wide band and the Mandalorian is the same thickness as the forearms. 

I’m really to do photos this weekend for submission. 

1 minute ago, TKZombie said:

Probably for the best, it’s pretty hard to see much difference between the two being 1/4” apart. Thig big one is the bicep as the ROTJ has 2” a wide band and the Mandalorian is the same thickness as the forearms. 

I’m really to do photos this weekend for submission. 

I've already contacted the LMO team about making the updates.  Stay tuned for an announcement

• Like 1

Okay Level 2 requirements have been uploaded to the CRL.  This thing is live!

• Like 1

Added this detail to the L2 boot requirement:

• Dogbone length is such that it overlaps onto the soleof the boot on both sides.
  • Toe strip measures between 1/2-5/8 inches in height.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

After zooming in it looks like the cummerbund is twill. The weave is diagonal. Someone could ask steph, she would know. The cod and pouches definitely looks like two different fabrics to me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, MikerScout said:

After zooming in it looks like the cummerbund is twill. The weave is diagonal. Someone could ask steph, she would know. 

It's a good thing somebody did before they drafted the standards then, huh? ;)

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, MikerScout said:

You're so on it. emoji1.png

When I asked her, Steph said she made the soft goods based on the ROTJ Scout CRL requirements.  That doesn't mean that's what she did -- that's just what she said.  :D

Looking at that photo @takabon posted -- yeah they all look like the same fabric.  The thing with the ROTJ Scout is, you can see at a glance that they are not the same fabric:

Blu%20Ray%20belt.jpg

The bund and cod has a shine and "wrinkliness" to it that the pouches don't have.  They also don't weather the same.  The pouches seem to absorb weathering, whereas on the bund the weathering almost sits on top of the fabric, if that makes any sense.

So....we've got a conflict here.  Assuming that the soft goods on the Scout from SDCC were made by Steph, I don't really see any difference in the fabric either.    I'm pretty tempted to remove the fabric requirement from L2. 

1 minute ago, MikerScout said:

Looking at that picture close it looks like the cod and pouches are the same, or really close, but the bund is different

Well it's supposed to be that the bund and cod are the same, and the pouches are canvas or duck cloth.  To me it looks like they are all made of twill.

25 minutes ago, BikerScout007 said:

Well it's supposed to be that the bund and cod are the same, and the pouches are canvas or duck cloth.  To me it looks like they are all made of twill.

man...  it kind of does.  Those pouches are thick though,  you can tell by the puckers in the corners.  If it is twill it's heavy stuff.  The bund fabric is a lighter weight, I'm not so sure about that cod though, looks like a 90 degree weave to me.  That cod looks like it might be sewn to the bund too, I hope it's not.  With my weird shape the only way I can keep everything straight is by having separate pieces lol

2 minutes ago, MikerScout said:

man...  it kind of does.  Those pouches are thick though,  you can tell by the puckers in the corners.  If it is twill it's heavy stuff.  The bund fabric is a lighter weight, I'm not so sure about that cod though, looks like a 90 degree weave to me.  That cod looks like it might be sewn to the bund too, I hope it's not.  With my weird shape the only way I can keep everything straight is by having separate pieces lol

I believe the cod is attached to the flight suit.  

I'm going to leave the fabric standards the way they are for the time being.   If anything I'll just remove them and it will be dealer's choice.  I can always just leave it at "white cotton fabric"

2 minutes ago, BikerScout007 said:

I believe the cod is attached to the flight suit.  

I'm going to leave the fabric standards the way they are for the time being.   If anything I'll just remove them and it will be dealer's choice.  I can always just leave it at "white cotton fabric"

That's a good way to go, especially for people who have a RTOJ kit that decide to go remnant.  Saves them from reworking ALL the soft goods.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MikerScout said:

That's a good way to go, especially for people who have a RTOJ kit that decide to go remnant.  Saves them from reworking ALL the soft goods.

Let's just hope that doesn't happen :D

• Haha 1