ROTJ Biker Scout WIP (first build)

Working on the belt.

Does the plastic belt connect to the webbing with one or two rivets. My SC kit says 2. But crl says 1

15 minutes ago, ChrisA said:

My SC kit says 2. But crl says 1

I'll give you one guess which one is going to get you approved ;)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BikerScout007 said:

I'll give you one guess which one is going to get you approved ;)

I found a photo on scoutopedia!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ChrisA said:

I found a photo on scoutopedia!

MY MAN!!!  That makes me so happy to hear that. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MikerScout said:

Toss your SC directions.  I think he means well but they don't cut it.

I think they are fairly outdated.  I got an SC kit in 2014 and even then some of the info was wrong. 

ALWAYS FOLLOW THE CRL. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, SC includes everything you need to get it wearable (or he did when I got mine in 2013), but confirm elastic sizes and strapping with the CRL if you want a smooth approval process. 

You bought canvas to make your vest, over Dickies coveralls? You should look for the tutorial over in "soft parts" on making the vest from a t-shirt with fake velcro closure. It's much easier to put on without help and it will be cooler. I recently replaced my coveralls with a military flight suit. It took a bit more work to remove zippers and add flaps over the neck, but it's much lighter material. Adding layers of thick material gets hot fast.

Also, glad to hear it seems everyone got that webbing (product of vac-forming sometimes) on their belt. I got approved with SC's old 3-piece belt, but upgraded when I found out he was offering it as one piece. The new one had a couple of those webs between boxes, but it's not noticeable when wearing it.

• Thanks 1

Pics are hard to tell on scoutopedia.

Belt box webbing. What is the correct orientation of the buckles? I'm threading as for Lancer with webbing going behind buckle.

Right or left?

Hi Chris, I believe it would be the left side version, but you want to loop the webbing through like this:

buckle.JPG

• Thanks 1

It's neither. You got it looped thru correctly on the top left buckle, but flip it over (which would make the bottom half wrong). Strap goes on top of the outermost plastic rung.

Here we go.

Obviously gotta adjust height and spacing.

• Like 2

Looking good Chris! Just need to bump those boxes up to about 1.5” from the belt. Keep up the great work!

• Thanks 1

Alright working the Thermal detonator. 

It says for Lancer the face must have a short and long side. I assume this is the white ABS piece. Which mine appears to have with my SC kit. 

The grey hose is symmetrical on both sides? The CRL says short gray hose protrudes evenly from both ends, but the scoutpedia clearly shows pics of the grey hose uneven. 

The SC kit uses an asymmetrical detonator box, so you should be fine.

Try and keep the grey hose positioned evenly. The zip tie should hold it relatively securely in place.

15 minutes ago, ChrisA said:

Alright working the Thermal detonator. 

It says for Lancer the face must have a short and long side. I assume this is the white ABS piece. Which mine appears to have with my SC kit. 

The grey hose is symmetrical on both sides? The CRL says short gray hose protrudes evenly from both ends, but the scoutpedia clearly shows pics of the grey hose uneven. 

It's not consistent.  The hose was held by a ziptie and as such had a tendency to get knocked back and forth inside the TD housing during filming.   We ask for it to be balanced as that seems to be what the intent was.

Costumes%20Scout%20TD.jpg

42 minutes ago, BikerScout007 said:

It's not consistent.  The hose was held by a ziptie and as such had a tendency to get knocked back and forth inside the TD housing during filming.   We ask for it to be balanced as that seems to be what the intent was.

Costumes%20Scout%20TD.jpg

Ok. So even Grey tubing.

Does it matter if the greenblies are right or left?

5 minutes ago, ChrisA said:

Ok. So even Grey tubing.

Does it matter if the greenblies are right or left?

Nope.  All that matters is that you put the dot on the short side and the rectangle on the long side.  

• Like 1

There is a chart embedded in the CRL links:

Td_configs.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How is everyone running the webbing through the boxes?

Do you run it through. Or cut and attach to inside of box? It's flipping out slight when running through.

Mine are cut with velcro on the ends/inside for adjustment purposes.

• Like 1

Mine is twisted like Woobie’s photo above. No issues.