EC-17 Repair

Okay, so we’re all used to minor repairs and fixes that need to be done after a troop. Well, during today’s troop, this happened.

654bc1863f0161b57be7c41d321cfc36.jpg

As Darthvoorhees isn’t making these anymore, does someone have or can someone recommend a decent 3D print file so I can replace the scope bracket?

1 hour ago, AradunFF said:

As Darthvoorhees isn’t making these anymore, does someone have or can someone recommend a decent 3D print file so I can replace the scope bracket?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w8pkim113gakb0i/AAADJSwtjIPsexR3OMMVX7Tfa?dl=0

You'll just need to double check the scale before printing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You da man Justin!   Thank you.  The nice thing is that it's a relatively small part so printing a few times to catch the proper scale is not big deal.  Thanks for the file.

• Like 1

@MrPoopiethank you for this! your a good one! depending on how the armour prop shop Ec-17 looks,I may end up printing this out also! I'll undoubtedly need a new one at some point though,I have no doubt I'll end up dropping it and it breaking.. just like every mobile phone I've ever had.

• Thanks 1

Printing it on its side so as to avoid supports, I scaled x&y to 95% and z to 90%. I used a solid fill because the mounting potion where the screws go still came out too far so a little dremel work, green stuff, and screw heads and I was back in business. Thanks [mention]MrPoopie [/mention]

98340ecc44ddbd79662b9f6a429e2757.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, AradunFF said:

Printing it on its side so as to avoid supports, I scaled x&y to 95% and z to 90%. I used a solid fill because the mounting potion where the screws go still came out too far so a little dremel work, green stuff, and screw heads and I was back in business. Thanks [mention]MrPoopie [/mention]

98340ecc44ddbd79662b9f6a429e2757.jpg

Very nice. I'm glad you were able to make it work with a bit of help from an Imperial issue 3D printer. 

• 1 year later...

I understand when you have a 3d printer, that is your go-to for everything, but that's a common scope ring. You can get a pair of them at Walmart, actually metal ones, for like $10