Looking for Helmet lens info

57 minutes ago, Teufelhunden616 said:

What's a good source for obtaining the lens for the Kashyyyk helmet?  What shade of green is screen accurate for CGI character?  

It can be tough sometimes finding green reflective lenses.  Snow boarding lens might be a good place to start.   

I had to make a green reflective lens for another costume and I just ended up buying green reflective tint to go over a regular lens.  

I'll tag @Jakeputt on this thread.  he's one of our resident Kashy experts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Teufelhunden616 said:

Thanks. 

I'm still curious about the shade of reflective green.

We don't know what it was so we don't specify in the CRL.  We only specify exact colors when we have the information.  Just looking at sources, seems to be in the mid to dark range.  

Okay thanks. I was looking at some reflective lenses from kalevalavisors.com. They have 3 choices of green.  I'll pick something that looks the part.

I think I'll go with the "shamrock", it sounds lucky. But, then again the "emerald" looks pretty good too.

• Like 1

Okay thanks. I was looking at some reflective lenses from kalevalavisors.com. They have 3 choices of green.  I'll pick something that looks the part.
I think I'll go with the "shamrock", it sounds lucky. But, then again the "emerald" looks pretty good too.

Emerald is what most of us pick up. It's a really nice bright green that looks similar to the screen used color.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

What's a good source for obtaining the lens for the Kashyyyk helmet?  What shade of green is screen accurate for CGI character?  
Do a search for kalevala visors. Emerald green is the best color for the reflective green for kashyyyk visors.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I used a shok helmet insert, it's an insert for football player's helmets I believe they are not readily available right now, mine came from Australia...

• Like 2