A few items and measurements needed

6 hours ago, Mandrake said:

Sorry to be a pain,but I've started working with a seamstress to get the jacket together from fabric I've located online , due to armoury shop prop not having them in-stock .However I've noticed on the CRL the collar is ribbed yet the one's they have been sending out previously were not, which one is correct? Would it be a problem using ribbed material ?as I think it looks better!

Someone else may have a better answer but either is acceptable. The Hot Toys has a smooth collar but there aren't really any shots of the screen accurate costumes collar so it's difficult to tell. The photo (top left) below has a pic of the Hot Toys collar for reference. 

PT-Helmet-Rubber

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MrPoopie said:

Someone else may have a better answer but either is acceptable. The Hot Toys has a smooth collar but there aren't really any shots of the screen accurate costumes collar so it's difficult to tell. The photo (top left) below has a pic of the Hot Toys collar for reference. 

Nope that's a great answer.  @MandrakeWe just don't know.  With the Patrol Trooper the references are VERY limited.  Is it reasonable that the Patrol Trooper wears a neck seal like most other troopers?  Sure.  But we don't have any evidence either way, and the Hot Toys would suggest it's not.  However, because of the way the helmet sits, a neck seal would be concealed anyway -- and as we always say -- we don't care what goes on with your costume on the bits we can't see.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BikerScout007 said:

Nope that's a great answer.  @MandrakeWe just don't know.  With the Patrol Trooper the references are VERY limited.  Is it reasonable that the Patrol Trooper wears a neck seal like most other troopers?  Sure.  But we don't have any evidence either way, and the Hot Toys would suggest it's not.  However, because of the way the helmet sits, a neck seal would be concealed anyway -- and as we always say -- we don't care what goes on with your costume on the bits we can't see.  

It's got me thinking due to the chronic lack of any kind of reference material,has any of the 'head honchos' from 501st tried reaching out to Lucas film? As far as I can tell , it's literally the toy(s)design to go off of,and 1 main promo shot.. where you can see the velcro on his sleeve 🤣  and Tbh my line of thinking is they probably would have ribbed seals being as they are similar in design to the old stormtroopers, but as you say the toy does not.. however I'll probably go for ribbed if it's neither here or there as far as approvement goes.

6 minutes ago, Mandrake said:

It's got me thinking due to the chronic lack of any kind of reference material,has any of the 'head honchos' from 501st tried reaching out to Lucas film? As far as I can tell , it's literally the toy(s)design to go off of,and 1 main promo shot.. where you can see the velcro on his sleeve 🤣  and Tbh my line of thinking is they probably would have ribbed seals being as they are similar in design to the old stormtroopers, but as you say the toy does not.. however I'll probably go for ribbed if it's neither here or there as far as approvement goes.

Yup we reached out to Glyn like we always do.  

As long as it can't be seen from the outside as with the actual trooper, you can wear whatever you want.  Neck seal.  Scarf.  Hoodie.  Inflatable neck pillow.  :D

• Haha 2

Just now, BikerScout007 said:

Yup we reached out to Glyn like we always do.  

As long as it can't be seen from the outside as with the actual trooper, you can wear whatever you want.  Neck seal.  Scarf.  Hoodie.  Inflatable neck pillow.  :D

Oooh a lovely floral silk scarf.. what a wonderful Idea !😙😆😆🤭

I'm not sure who Glyn is,I'm guessing Lucas film P.R .I'm kind of surprised that they've not given just a few more details out..I wouldn't be surprised if the relationship between Lucas film isn't what it once was due to the mouse..

27 minutes ago, Mandrake said:

I'm not sure who Glenn is,I'm guessing Lucas film P.R .I'm kind of surprised that they've not given just a few more details out..I wouldn't be surprised if the relationship between Lucas film isn't what it once was due to the mouse..

Glyn Dillon -- the costume designer on the new films.  He's been very open with us.  

Hmm interesting, I got the impression that there's not much reference material out in the wild ... I'm tempted to ask him if the Ralph mcquarry cantina drawing was his inspiration!

• 2 weeks later...

Yet some more questions,I promise I'll stop asking soon (probably) 😉 I'm considering replacing the chest ( like ruthar) and waist buckles with some that are a bit more detailed than the ones that come with Denis's armour,the file I'm thinking of using is here https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4316677/comments  my questions are - 1)do they look ok to you/ are the dimensions correct ? 2) would it be a problem if I subtly painted the 'screws' a metallic colour for a more realistic look? Cheers and as always ,thank you. @MrPoopie@BikerScout007

They look ok but there are better ones as for the screws they were white on the costume