TB-77520 Lancer Deployment Request (APPROVED)

Hoda

Hi team, 

TB-77520 here, requesting Lancer Deployment! Appreciate you taking the time to review.

I know it's a bit picture-heavy, but I have placed the images in order of the CRL so the review should be hopefully easier.

Eric

Trooper Info:

• Name: Eric Ho
  • TKID: 77520
  • Garrison: Star Garrison

Parts Breakdown:

• Armor: Studio Creations 
  • Helmet: Altmann (Bolts from Imperial Surplus) (Swapped out the SC helmet from the build thread)
  • Flightsuit: Chrisx909x
  • Flak vest: KriptonTop (Swapped out the one in the build thread)
  • Boots: Cheesewhoopy
  • Cummerbund and Pouches: Cheesewhoopy
  • Blaster: DVH
  • Gloves: Wampa Wear

Link to my build thread: 

Trooper Photos:

MHZctg8.jpg

lZvyKsH.jpg

FRRfNXe.jpg

RqOX4dG.jpg

jDNBli2.jpg

uWbqIc6.jpg

DT6ECXR.jpg

mwfMEtg.jpg

Detailed Photos (some are repeats from the build thread):

Helmet: 

dJYoeiRl.jpg

tC8rKXIl.jpg

uB0MAnnl.jpg

uD2bnMol.jpg

Flight Suit:

dhQeTTWl.jpg

zclTbBMl.jpg

oqvvX1Gl.jpg

27RsPj7l.jpg

Shoulder Armor:

f0qdtgXl.jpg

Q9L7392l.jpg

cVl5latl.jpg

Upper Arm Armor:

2HCwKNBl.jpg

hEHaReEl.jpg

Forearm Armor:

2aLYInBl.jpg

YAu75pbl.jpg

Gloves:

a8qIJyHl.jpg

t5Gtmqll.jpg

Vest:

NIzX0Avl.jpg

96PspOJl.jpg?1

Chest Armor:

JhBhHI4l.jpg

VZUrThEl.jpg

rrcNuzil.jpg

Back Armor:

UFj4nrel.jpg

h7pEXpDl.jpg

YkHRuRvl.jpg

xldfHsAl.jpg

o1yhm4gl.jpg

2oeO36bl.jpg

Cummerbund, Codpiece and Pouches:

l7MQ8qrl.jpg

0vgvyzal.jpg

SEAB2jOl.jpg

EqotkQ7l.jpg

VQACahWl.jpg

WLaZIiWl.jpg

anr7iTrl.jpg

u69VnkBl.jpg

sj06YH5l.jpg

Belt and Detonator:

bPAHDkRl.jpg

P3GYEePl.jpg

7kIoGVfl.jpg

bFnhXbgl.jpg

Ipdy40sl.jpg

D96lvU3l.jpg

Knee Armor:

d8WyY4Cl.jpg

C3dL2gXl.jpg

6pOeoEOl.jpg

Boots/Holster: 

WvbfLKFl.jpg

7TdCWKRl.jpg

qGyCCsdl.jpg

sfxhfYyl.jpg

7TdCWKRl.jpg

Hold-out Blaster:

Oa7995Ll.jpg

1tHCewVl.jpg

mQiOmVEl.jpg

BorbhOXl.jpg

Thank you for your application, Eric. The team will start their review and get back to you.

One request -- could you possibly link to higher resolution photos for at least the overall shots? It's difficult for us to zoom in at the current resolution.

Thank you!

Hi Eric,

Thank you very much for your application. You've done a great job and it really shows in your photos.

The review team has gone over your application and we have the following items that we'd like you to address:

Helmet
We would like a photo of the top of helmet. The Altmann helmet uses a two part dome, which needs to be flush as per the CRL.
We would like additional, close up photos of the helmet decals. The lines on the snout look more widely spaced than most of the ones we've seen. Did these decals come with the Altmann helmet?

Balaclava
When you re-take your photos, please take care to tuck in balaclava material so it doesn't stick out from underneath the bottom of the helmet.

Flight Suit
Would it be possible please retake your photos with better light? We can't see the riding patches and thigh straps, or how they sit in relation to the rest of your kit. Both are important considerations for the review.

Your butt flap is about 2" too long vertically and will need to be trimmed

Shoulder Armor
Please move shoulder armor out about 1/4" to 1/2".

Cummerbund
Your bund is getting tucked into the belt, please position it so that it rests on top of the belt.

Bring your chest pouches up maybe a half inch, so they're just over the belt as well, though the bund adjustment may take care of it.

Belt and Detonator
The caps on the detonator tube look like they're glued unevenly. The one on your left side seems high and the one on the right seems low. These will need to be re-glued.
Please tighten your back thigh box straps, as they appear loose

Holster
The plate on your holster looks long, especially on the lower portion. You should trim about 1/2" to 1" off the top and bottom edges of the holster. Check against the CRL photo for some general guidance on the proportions.

We suggest you use a 1/8" cobalt tip drill bit to drill out the rivets. You can close up the remaining lower holes with some patches made from white marine vinyl glued inside the boot.

Again, you've done a really good job! Just a few items to address. Please let us know if you have any questions, or need any clarification. We're here to help!

balaclava.JPG

det.JPG

boots.JPG

Chopper, thank you so much for looking over the submission!

Most of the feedback seems like easy fixes. For the larger pieces ... a few clarifications before I make the adjustments - 

1 hour ago, Chopper said:

Helmet
We would like a photo of the top of helmet. The Altmann helmet uses a two part dome, which needs to be flush as per the CRL.
We would like additional, close up photos of the helmet decals. The lines on the snout look more widely spaced than most of the ones we've seen. Did these decals come with the Altmann helmet?

This is the finished Altmann helmet so it came as is (maybe it was the angle that made it look strange). It's indeed a two part dome. I do still have the SC helmet I filled in the seam on - will this work for Lancer?

uihtwiIl.jpg

NLti1qgl.jpg

qE3amjHl.jpg

Flight Suit
Would it be possible please retake your photos with better light? We can't see the riding patches and thigh straps, or how they sit in relation to the rest of your kit. Both are important considerations for the review.

Your butt flap is about 2" too long vertically and will need to be trimmed

I've folded it back a bit before I trim - will this work?

fZcaa1rl.jpg

Holster
The plate on your holster looks long, especially on the lower portion. You should trim about 1/2" to 1" off the top and bottom edges of the holster. Check against the CRL photo for some general guidance on the proportions.

Trimming at the black line - this works?

DCfkL8Pl.jpg

Hi Eric,

Thank you very much for your questions.

1) You can stick with the Altmann helmet for your application. No further photos or modifications needed for that particular item.

2) For shortening your butt flap, it's really hard to tell from a photo of the unworn coveralls. If possible, you should really give us a look with you wearing it while folded. You don't have to wear your armor, but the belt would help. Up to you, but I'd hate to have you trim it too short, just based off of an unworn photo. If it helps, I've marked approximately where it should be trimmed to on the side photo from your application.

3) Your holster trim marks look like a great improvement! Great work, Eric!

FlapTrim.JPG

Oooh, I see what you mean with the flap now. Will get a chance to take a new photo before we trim.

Appreciate the feedback on the helmet and the holster. I will get started on them!

Thank you!

Ah and now I know what you mean by cannot see clearly the flap in the back. The poor lighting has them all blurring together!

Will use flash when I take the next round.

Alright, some updates!

Holster

Drilled out the old rivets, trimmed down the holster, reattached the holster to the boots. I've patched the drilled out holes from behind, but still somewhat obvious ... I need to think of a different way to make the holes less obvious. Weathering? I don't have black spray paint readily available ... I can just ... throw a bunch of fuller's earth on the boots?

ExmYkzIl.jpg

3SOawlul.jpg

EDNSfPWl.jpg

Belt and Detonator

Re-glued the endcaps to even them out.

ExiPWVtl.jpg

qwwfQE5l.jpg

Flight Suit

Instead of chopping right away, I asked my very very very nice wife to help me take some quick photos of the flap pinned back. What do y'all think?

jXwAREul.jpg

s3NeKNwl.jpg

Thank you, Eric. The team will get back to you shortly. 

• Like 1

@Chopper not sure why your post isn't showing up here, but I got a notification in my emails and know what I need to do next.

I will trim the flap to the green line before suiting up again tmrw. I will also make sure the belt and the bund doesn't overlap (I know what you mean, finally, now that I'm seeing the photo from the back again).

The repairing of the boots - that's exactly what I did tonight as well, hopefully it will show up nicely tmrw.

Thank you (and the team) for the feedback! More to come!

Hey Eric, I'm very sorry about the technical difficulties and apologies for any confusion.

I wanted to re-post what I had drafted earlier --

You're doing a great job so far!

The re-glued end caps on your thermal detonator look great. Excellent work!

For the rivet holes in the boots, we think you could trim around the fringes of the hole with a small, sharp pair of scissors to clean it up, then touch it up with some white acrylic paint or white shoe polish.

I've attached a photo of the butt flap and marked in green at about where you should trim it. The green mark looks pretty close to the white chalk mark you had on the left side. I hope that's enough guidance for you to trim your flap accordingly!

Reminder -- try not to tuck your bund under your belt in front and back. Ideally it should sit on top of both.

And one final item -- now that we're able to more clearly see the black on black details of your coveralls, the team thinks that your thigh straps are slightly too loose. Bring them in approximately 1/2" to 3/4". They shouldn't be so tight that they're cutting off circulation, nor should they fit loosely on your legs. You can get a sense of the fit in the attached photo from the CRL model. Before opening the seam, you can pin some of the strap excess to find the right fit.

You're doing a great job, Eric! Almost there! Please let us know if you have any questions, or need additional clarifications!

flap.jpg

leg.JPG

Alright, updated photos!

Updates I have made, based on feedback from the team:

• Balaclava: Tucked in.
  • Butt Flap: Trimmed down to the recommended line. 
  • Thigh Strap: Shortened so it's not loose.
  • Cummerbund: Sit on top of belt, not tucked under.
  • Detonator: Realigned the end caps so it's balanced.
  • Holster: Trimmed down the holster to look similar to the CRL holster.
  • Boots: Drilled out rivets, patched with marine material, painted with white paint.

rOtvtWB.jpg

wt7JH29.jpg

yo9XWPa.jpg

Ydb8vrh.jpg

aAC6fO2.jpg

UYCUeUg.jpg

zu0Lxo8.jpg

qOvANWX.jpg

qBjyp1w.jpg

• Like 2

Thank you so much, Eric. The team will review and get back to you soon!

Thank you so much, Eric. The team will review and get back to you soon!
Thanks so much!! *Fingers crossed*

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your continued patience. In our final review we wanted to bring up a few remaining items:

Question: Can you please clarify if your drop box straps are elastic, or cotton webbing?

Dressing Issue: Just a FYI, but we noticed that you forgot to loop your side straps into the loop for the chest armor (see photo).

Dressing Issue: As a suggestion for the future, you might want to add some stirrups to your coveralls, which will help to take some of the slack out of your legs.

The primary remaining item for your application is the question about the drop box straps. If you could let us know, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you again for your patience!

Strap.JPG

HI @Chopper

Thank you again for the response! 

Re: the dressing issues, thanks for the reminder. I had my wife help me with suiting up this time around and I must've missed that ... my bad. I will also add some stirrups.

The dropbox strap is white cotton webbing per the CRL. Here's a close-up look.

OhbZQPYl.jpg

Lancer status approved!  Congrats.

• Like 4