Replacement Parts

Does anyone know where I can get some boot armor replacements? I tried mounting my left boot plate via magnets but everytime I took a step it kept flying off. I thought that if I trimmed the top of the plate where it made contact with the boot itself it wouldnt collide with one another and stay put but... alas, i destroyed my left boot plate by trimming too much off of it... anyone know where/how I can replace it?

You may want to try contacting @bikerchick to see if she can send you a replacement part.

Also, @MrPoopie -- is there a 3D file of this piece that you know of?

13 hours ago, indykash said:

Does anyone know where I can get some boot armor replacements? I tried mounting my left boot plate via magnets but everytime I took a step it kept flying off. I thought that if I trimmed the top of the plate where it made contact with the boot itself it wouldnt collide with one another and stay put but... alas, i destroyed my left boot plate by trimming too much off of it... anyone know where/how I can replace it?

I don't have any files specifically for the  Kashyyyk but I may be able to modify another file depending on what it looks like. Can you send me a couple images of the part in question.

Making models of the  Kashyyyk is on my list but not near the top.

• Thanks 1

TbSls2V.jpg

This is what I'm needing ^^^^ I trimmed way too much off... Id appreciate any help that i can get.

8KNjggR.jpg

51 minutes ago, MrPoopie said:

I don't have any files specifically for the  Kashyyyk but I may be able to modify another file depending on what it looks like. Can you send me a couple images of the part in question.

Making models of the  Kashyyyk is on my list but not near the top.

18 minutes ago, indykash said:

8KNjggR.jpg

Let me see what I can do, give me a day or two.

• Thanks 2

On 5/27/2020 at 10:34 AM, indykash said:

Appreciate it! 

I haven't forgotten about this it's just taking a little bit longer than expected and "real" work has been getting in the way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got some work done today. I still need to smooth out a few things but hopefully I'll get somen time tomorrow to work on it. Soon.

49964724068_955a26183f_b.jpg

• Like 1

Done. Obviously it's not in color but I wanted to see how it would look. There are two versions of the file. One with the rings already attached and another without so you can use rubber rings that will probably glue on better since the surface is slightly curved. Your choice. Someone with Kashyyyk boots will probably need to scale this properly since I don't have the boots I can't tell how much larger or smaller it needs to be, but all boots vary in size anyway.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ariqpgghbhq951q/AADZxE_ARA6hCSbsV-hPNZTJa?dl=0

49967506086_444cb61749_b.jpg

• Like 1

Done. Obviously it's not in color but I wanted to see how it would look. There are two versions of the file. One with the rings already attached and another without so you can use rubber rings that will probably glue on better since the surface is slightly curved. Your choice. Someone with Kashyyyk boots will probably need to scale this properly since I don't have the boots I can't tell how much larger or smaller it needs to be, but all boots vary in size anyway.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ariqpgghbhq951q/AADZxE_ARA6hCSbsV-hPNZTJa?dl=0
49967506086_444cb61749_b.jpg

Your work always impresses the hell out me. You’ve got mad skill!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, indykash said:

hey man i appreciate the help so much! I cant express my gratitude enough.

Thanks. It's one of my goals to be able to model up the Kashy for people to make their own, since finding armor can be a bit difficult at times. I guess I'll just slowly do parts one at a time.

Yeah parts for this particular kit are tough to find. I have since learned that the galactic marine shares some interchangeable parts such as knees, shins, boots, and boot covers!