Patrol Trooper 3D Print?

Bizarro

Howdy all. I see that right now Do3D is having a massive sale on their files and the Patrol Trooper is included in this. My question is, anyone have any experience (good? Bad? Ugly?) with them? I would of course be sure the armor fit me correctly and all that jazz. It’s a screaming deal, just don’t wanna waste the money if it’s not gonna be worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@MrPoopie?  Youve checked out that one I believe. 

5 minutes ago, BikerScout007 said:

@MrPoopie?  Youve checked out that one I believe. 

Yes, Do3d files can be real hit or miss. At this point I've rebuilt all the Patrol files except for one small section on the chest piece. It's really just a matter of time and the ability to go work on this with someone else. Plans are still in motion.

Once I get the Chest worked out I'll post the files here. It's pretty high up on my list of things to do but the JFO Scout and Mountain Trooper are taking my main focus right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, Do3d files can be real hit or miss. At this point I've rebuilt all the Patrol files except for one small section on the chest piece. It's really just a matter of time and the ability to go work on this with someone else. Plans are still in motion.
Once I get the Chest worked out I'll post the files here. It's pretty high up on my list of things to do but the JFO Scout and Mountain Trooper are taking my main focus right now.

Thank you. I’ll just hold off for now then. Patrol Trooper will have to wait for another day!

Can’t wait to see the JFO Scout!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

I ordered Nikko from NikkoIndustries.com to 3D model Patrol trooper armor based from the 501st visual guide CRL. I have this armor and I can vouch for his quality work!

2 minutes ago, Gertjan Kool said:

I ordered Nikko from NikkoIndustries.com to 3D model Patrol trooper armor based from the 501st visual guide CRL. I have this armor and I can vouch for his quality work!

Please check this out.

1 hour ago, MrPoopie said:

Please check this out.

I will ask him to tweak the models. He's a close friend of mine and he could arrange those fixes.

• Like 1

I will ask him to tweak the models. He's a close friend of mine and he could arrange those fixes.

That would be great. Having as many accurate model kits as possible helps everyone. I have his original models as well. If he's able to correct the original models just give me a shout and I'll update the breakdown post with any new info. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrPoopie said:

That would be great. Having as many accurate model kits as possible helps everyone. I have his original models as well. If he's able to correct the original models just give me a shout and I'll update the breakdown post with any new info. 

Thank you for your critique points. I can understand for many makers that the first time and over-seeing details is very hard nailing it the first time. I will send Nikko the feedback, so he could update it according to your critque points. This helps a ton! 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Gertjan Kool said:

Thank you for your critique points. I can understand for many makers that the first time and over-seeing details is very hard nailing it the first time. I will send Nikko the feedback, so he could update it according to your critque points. This helps a ton! 

Yes, it's never done to dissuade people but more to get things as accurate as possible for everyone's benefit. I've spent a couple hundred hours making my own Patrol Trooper models and staring at every tiny detail of this armor and I still miss things too. Extra sets of eyes and input from others is always welcome. It all comes down to the fact that we want to look as accurate and uniform as possible. If either of you guys has any questions feel free to PM me at any time. 

• Like 2

On 9/9/2020 at 11:02 PM, MrPoopie said:

Yes, it's never done to dissuade people but more to get things as accurate as possible for everyone's benefit. I've spent a couple hundred hours making my own Patrol Trooper models and staring at every tiny detail of this armor and I still miss things too. Extra sets of eyes and input from others is always welcome. It all comes down to the fact that we want to look as accurate and uniform as possible. If either of you guys has any questions feel free to PM me at any time. 

I have messaged Nikko, about the fixes. I added some visuals to make it more clearer to what needs to be improved. He's also looking to have some feedback on his Sith Trooper and Deathtrooper files, since he wants his files to meet the 501st conform.

Only one thing I don't understand about the point you were making about the hand plates. It seems to be okay and I couldn't make out what you meant by: ''missing oval on leading edge''
Could you elaborate on that, please? So that I can send him a follow up mail.

See the picture below. There is a similar oval on the Forearms as well. We mainly use the Hot Toys figure since it has the best details and lets us see places that the promo pics didn't cover. Let me know if you have any other detail questions. 

50334015046_89fdd62028_h.jpg

On 9/12/2020 at 5:59 PM, MrPoopie said:

See the picture below. There is a similar oval on the Forearms as well. We mainly use the Hot Toys figure since it has the best details and lets us see places that the promo pics didn't cover. Let me know if you have any other detail questions. 

50334015046_89fdd62028_h.jpg

Ohh you mean the shaped oblong recess on the front edge? I have that rectangle recess on my Shoretrooper hand plates. I was wondering if the patrol trooper needed that detail too. So that's what you mean by that.

• Like 1

Ohh you mean the roughly pentagonal shaped oblong recess on the front edge? I have that rectangle recess on my Shoretrooper hand plates. I was wondering if the patrol trooper needed that detail too. So that's what you mean by that.

Ultimately as long as there's a recessed area it should work.

• Like 1