New

Good morning everyone. I am new to this forum and am seeking advice on how to go about buying/making the kashyyyk armor. Any advice would be much appreciated. I have read almost every forum posting and still looking for a start point. Thanks again.

James A.K.A. LowLander

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lowlander said:

Good morning everyone. I am new to this forum and am seeking advice on how to go about buying/making the kashyyyk armor. Any advice would be much appreciated. I have read almost every forum posting and still looking for a start point. Thanks again.

James A.K.A. LowLander

I'll flag this for our Kashyyyk armor team:  @ferra and @Jakeputt.  They can help guide you through the process.

One of the best places to start is right here:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lowlander said:

James A.K.A. LowLander

Hiya James, its great to have you. I would love to help in any way possible. The message that 007 posted is a great start. The only discrepency i see is that Chris Hale doesnt make the pouches or cummerbund anymore. I made my own. Its a little work but its doable. 

A lot of people start out by getting their British DPM tops and bottoms. I picked mine up from amazon.com you can also just do a search online foe 'British DPM desert camo' there are also other used military clothing places out there that sells. You want to try to make sure you either get both top and bottom 100% cotton or both poly cotton. When you dye them with dark brown and a bit of black dye, its possible there will be some discoloration between the top and bottom. That happens. You want to try to get them as close as possible. I hear that if you can find 100% cotton in both the top and bottom it will come out perfect. But i wasnt able to find both 100% cotton.

The places you can get the armor kit is from Daves Armory. You can find them on facebook or by doing a search. You can also find bikerchick here on the forums. I picked up my kit from her but i dont think she sells anymore, but it doesnt hurt to try, right?

Crowprops.com sells the kashyyyk boots and gloves but his gloves dont have the gauntlet greeblie, you will have to install it yourself. Which is actually really incredibly hard and i was also not able to find anyone personally who could do it.

Wampawear.com sells the gloves with the correct greeblie already attached. 

I learned a lot personally with the kit. Its fun to build and wear. Just keep going with each piece. Ferra and I are here to answer any of your questions.

Welcome to the forest its a great place to be.

received_836894646775449.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jakeputt said:

Hiya James, its great to have you. I would love to help in any way possible. The message that 007 posted is a great start. The only discrepency i see is that Chris Hale doesnt make the pouches or cummerbund anymore. I made my own. Its a little work but its doable. 

A lot of people start out by getting their British DPM tops and bottoms. I picked mine up from amazon.com you can also just do a search online foe 'British DPM desert camo' there are also other used military clothing places out there that sells. You want to try to make sure you either get both top and bottom 100% cotton or both poly cotton. When you dye them with dark brown and a bit of black dye, its possible there will be some discoloration between the top and bottom. That happens. You want to try to get them as close as possible. I hear that if you can find 100% cotton in both the top and bottom it will come out perfect. But i wasnt able to find both 100% cotton.

The places you can get the armor kit is from Daves Armory. You can find them on facebook or by doing a search. You can also find bikerchick here on the forums. I picked up my kit from her but i dont think she sells anymore, but it doesnt hurt to try, right?

Crowprops.com sells the kashyyyk boots and gloves but his gloves dont have the gauntlet greeblie, you will have to install it yourself. Which is actually really incredibly hard and i was also not able to find anyone personally who could do it.

Wampawear.com sells the gloves with the correct greeblie already attached. 

I learned a lot personally with the kit. Its fun to build and wear. Just keep going with each piece. Ferra and I are here to answer any of your questions.

Welcome to the forest its a great place to be.

received_836894646775449.jpeg

Thank you so much for that information. Me and my brother are both looking to do this and that is a big help. I will look him up. And when we start the build I will message with any questions I have and keep the group informed. That's again

LowLander

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey dude, got any replies back from the vendors?

• Like 2

Hey dude, got any replies back from the vendors?
Ive communicated with Bikerchick and Dave and they explained they will have kits in February. I asked Bikerchick if she produces kits and she confirmed she does.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

• Thanks 2

• 5 weeks later...

I know Dave personaly he was working in Lisbon and actually came to a troop with us before xmas, really cool guy! Hope they can ship soon!

• Like 1