Double trouble Rebel’s Scout Build

Deathbyemu

Here’s a question, will this notch give me issues? Just says ‘gauntlet style’ in the CRL.c78897a7c64d6e45384db393a47b0b35.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Deathbyemu said:

Here’s a question, will this notch give me issues? Just says ‘gauntlet style’ in the CRL.

Yes, the gauntlets should be closed. Maybe you can sew them together?

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, the gauntlets should be closed. Maybe you can sew them together?

Nope. Not and fit my hand inside still.
I either cut out the short part and replace it or order new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StayAtHome building on it between video calls and honeydo chores
3612d045ead33016fb39e848a035c0b7.jpg
24a3dda6b43d3adf3b8dd2b2b8c3b802.jpg
daff720c1fe0d9cac948ab20dd800491.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well we’ve hit the fitting and re-fitting grind.

This belt will be the death of me, but we’re getting there. My slide-on elastic trick for the belt boxes seems to be working. Once I have everything where I want it, I’m going to put snaps on the belt to hold them in place.

(Ignore the ‘cummerbunching’ and boots)

Having a bit of a struggle keeping belt and cummerbund in place, seems like they ride up or down (and out from under the chest piece) a lot. There is some Covid-19 muffintop adding to this issue, admittedly. d6c8d27612946f003befcab5c0ed9b93.jpg

4ac43de384c70da0ae5d126be5a45f20.jpg

2ec368f34db0fc701cce6fa39fb415bb.jpg
aab043befdbb901486caca2e8e52601d.jpg

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Deathbyemu said:

Well we’ve hit the fitting and re-fitting grind.

This belt will be the death of me, but we’re getting there. My slide-on elastic trick for the belt boxes seems to be working. Once I have everything where I want it, I’m going to put snaps on the belt to hold them in place.

(Ignore the ‘cummerbunching’ and boots)

Having a bit of a struggle keeping belt and cummerbund in place, seems like they ride up or down (and out from under the chest piece) a lot. There is some Covid-19 muffintop adding to this issue, admittedly.

Yeah, I had a lot of frustration with the belt too. To keep it aligned with the bottom of the cummerbund I use a snap behind the front center belt box and two pieces of velcro sewn in the cummerbund and belt at the back.

I had issues with the chest being pulled back by the weight of the back plate and tank, causing the cummerbund to come out. To counter this I added extra weight to the chest.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Welp... I kind of let my thread go to hell, but I finally got it up to snuff....1240d94223d1685ff214e9cb7b368d39.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the help along the way and the great threads for inspiration.
35c63019cde532aed4aad9d7a852ecab.jpg

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

Looks great Pat! I just inquired with the guys over at Walt's about getting a kit. How's the kit fitting you months in? 

• Thanks 1

Its still great, though admittedly the last year was not exactly busy. Maybe did 3-4 troops on the year and a half since approval with Covid going on. The granddaughter’s is still fitting, it was originally huge on her. She’s worn hers more than me since I use a TK also, and its holding up to the rigors of a 7 year old pretty good. 

The only thing I will say is that I get kind of claustrophobic in that helmet, it is a close fit compared to my TK… but that is a me thing obviously. I’m trying to configure a better fan system, but it is tight in there. 

• Thanks 1

Sounds awesome! I have a TK and a Tusken. The Tusken is pretty snug so I wonder how that compares. Honestly, I’m just a smidge overall concerned on the general size of the whole kit. A Garrison mate picked one up a few years back but sold it cause it was to small for him. Admittedly I weighed more at the time than him so I didn’t jump on it. I’m currently sitting at 165lb at 5’ 10. Do you think I will be ok with it? 

• Thanks 1

Man, that’s a sigh of relief! You look great in your approval pics! Thanks so much. I should be ordering my kit from Walt in July. Wish me luck and thanks again!!