Double trouble Rebel’s Scout Build

Deathbyemu

5416e9641a35e1f834c560e031b2f840.jpg

TK-22471 here, and my mini-me, we decided to try our hands at some Rebels TB’s....

While we wait for Walt and Steph’s BBBs to arrive, I thought I’d start our thread and work on the boots!

9e93d2356eedfe2fb0bb173c2555a595.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starting with hers ... better to learn on the ones that won’t have a GML eyeballing them hahaf33faa30a0f6689402de6b15c77c61b0.jpg

Welcome! Good to see more love for the Rebels Scout!

Yea, she loved Rebels.
I just hope the WTF kid-size isnt too too big for her.

Welcome to the Pathfinders Forum!  

Thanks guys! Pretty jammed up to try this.

The flip side of getting to work with a six-year old on her armor is that she tends to be hands-on when she’s working on it with me... that means I have to sneak-repair some of her work when she’s not around

Anyway, got the front of the boots done, minus the little strip at the sole.

Waiting on her grandma to have time to measure and sew the seams and sew velcro into back-flaps. Still awaiting my BBB with the hard stuff.

e3c74f9fd734cafe1c02fe3daa053d5d.jpg

Oh yea, some advice on these old motorcycle gloves that I had laying around... if I cut off the strap and buckle, are they good enough for approval?b073e2b0ab09be8e3fbb4f503d215a1b.jpg

Theres some scrunches (?) on the inner wrist too. But nothing major. They were fairly expensive gloves, but I gave up my Triumph riding a few years ago, haven’t worn them since.

6ff7128a4e53a9619c9ba19d53d701b5.jpg

35 minutes ago, Deathbyemu said:

Oh yea, some advice on these old motorcycle gloves that I had laying around... if I cut off the strap and buckle, are they good enough for approval?

Theres some scrunches (?) on the inner wrist too. But nothing major. They were fairly expensive gloves, but I gave up my Triumph riding a few years ago, haven’t worn them since.

In the first picture the gauntlet looks textured which it shouldn’t be, but in the second picture it looks the same as the rest of the glove. So If the latter is the case these should be good for approval (without the straps).

In the first picture the gauntlet looks textured which it shouldn’t be, but in the second picture it looks the same as the rest of the glove. So If the latter is the case these should be good for approval (without the straps).

Cool thanks.
Its not textured, but above the wrist is softer and more wrinkly.

bb6c48bec9fa8e640289d8c423476b12.jpg

One day, after a hundred-plus go-arounds, my brain will finally accept how much harder it is to make something than the 5-minute You Tube makes me think it is.

The strap that covers the bridge of the foot is different from the ROTJ version, it’s rectangular instead of a dog bone shape. The CRL allows both, but if you want you can be the first to go with the rectangular ones 😉.

ShjtBgm.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
The strap that covers the bridge of the foot is different from the ROTJ version, it’s rectangular instead of a dog bone shape. The CRL allows both, but if you want you can be the first to go with the rectangular ones .
ShjtBgm.jpg

Maybe I will try it depending on how even I get the front and back sections!

• Like 1

STILL waiting on my BBB, been pretty busy too.
I have done some work on the kid boots. Tougher than I thought, but I learned a few do’s and dont’s for when I get to mine.
One of those little things is not to use ball-point pens to mark the cut or sew lines (even on the back side) or the contact cement will magically make the ink bleed all over the place haha.
683dd6e94a3da57b2009441c4acde9b4.jpgde80daab2f6d508d24fa749e124335b0.jpgab5f355cfd284c750f7a03d0086552d4.jpg6ed9199b12e918031c0781c273076519.jpg

14 hours ago, Deathbyemu said:

STILL waiting on my BBB, been pretty busy too.
I have done some work on the kid boots. Tougher than I thought, but I learned a few do’s and dont’s for when I get to mine.
One of those little things is not to use ball-point pens to mark the cut or sew lines (even on the back side) or the contact cement will magically make the ink bleed all over the place haha.

I had a similar experience, I bought my boots from a vendor here on the forums. He used a purple marker to draw out the dog bones. That started bleeding on my first troop where it was quite hot and my boots were getting moist ☹️. Still planning to make a new pair myself.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

BBB Day...Game on!

My granddaughter is jammed up to trick or treat troop in her’s, so I plan on slapping her’s together quick hopefully for the weekend, then settle in and work on mine/ modify hers.

I paid extra to have the helmets assembled, mostly for fear of screwing those up, but also for speed.

Its ok, I got a bonus pink TK thrown in to keep me busy with the helmet building haha
91408d92a912352db218c688757aca6b.jpg

• Like 1

Ok trimmed her pieces quick, and just Velcro’d her chest/back/shoulder bells... just slammed it together for her to do a Halloween troop last night.

At this point, I’m not even doing her biceps because the shoulder bells go all the way to her elbows haha

Need to work on snugging knee pads.
Also need to get gloves, she used her FN gloves last night.
Need to convert shoulder straps to snaps not Velcro.
Possibly foam strips around inside of helmet lens to cut down on fogging?
Boots seemed great.

Belt. Still a long way to go on her belt.... including pouches.
I ordered the adult belt from Steph’s... waiting for it to arrive so I can reverse-engineer it, and try to make this kid’s one.

Regardless, she LOVED it, even half done. Good times.
Happy Halloween everyone!bbb66fbd95eca0e89aa822840aa7ca18.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 4

The shoulder bells were also a bit too large for me, so I trimmed them near the chest. I think I cut 10 mm or so. I also put foam on the inside of the shoulder bells to push them out.

I started trimming my kit and yea the bells seem big, but the chest/back seem small.
Going to be interesting sizing them up the next week or so.

Plus, thanks to steroids for respiratory issues and a fair amount of Oktoberfest... somebody is a bit too big for the cummerbund Steph made me going off of 3-month’s ago measurements hahahaha

Does the width and the chest back match? Some room (showing the undershirt) between the shoulder bells and the chest/back wouldn’t be a big issue. I find the knee pieces also small. When I bend my knees they flex a lot, so although it looks like a flexible costume I don’t like to squat down etc.

Good luck exercising 😉! When you get into costuming you really have to choose a weight and stick with it 😃

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I’m still mostly tinkering with the little kit. Everything is still SO big on her, I’m trying to make it fit as good as I can and still have it be fairly temporary for future adjustments.

Again, it’s been fun learning and experimenting on one that won’t need rigid approval.

For instance, I decided to make her belt from straight up Velcro. I put 1/2” mat foam in the back of the belt boxes to make them flush and glued Velcro to them. Now I can just slap them on and adjust as she grows.

I bought some pouches on Amazon to try for her. Just temporary until I can get better, but they fit great... they even came with one strap on the side.

Her knees, I sewed Velcro into a set of soccer knee pads. The strap we originally tried left them sagging and floating too much on her little knobby knees haha

e1c1140cee7da656658630c6173fe0dd.jpge6b84f73031f805c95b4088771d48f9b.jpg6e947c1985fa3d0ce0bc2ea72fa30612.jpgd423599a5c056c042a2deab3304195a3.jpg

• Like 1

Finished the belt for her and dressed up the elbows/knees. she flat out refused to wear smaller gloves...
Haha everything is still so huge on her, but that means it will last a long time. b51321652ee505be21e7d2da572f0fa5.jpg
Might go try it out at a hockey game troop tonight!1adf1c7bfebe0bcdde8104c954543c8c.jpg18dab268e356eb90c391bed46d2aff07.jpg

• Like 2

She got to drop the opening puck haha
We had a great turnout from our galactic academy kids.

3f388b375d16dd190624aeb05ac5c98b.jpg
b255e150796b53990c1279c0fdb70da3.jpg

• Like 4