Greeblies wampawear vs bikerchick

I have been communicating with Wampawear to ask them about making their gloves more trooper friendly so we don't need to modify their gloves any longer. I sent them the design and measurements for bikerchicks greeblie and they sent some images back to me. The greeblie they created is smaller probably for the purpose of working with their production equipment they already have in place. Question is will the smaller size work for the level 2 submission and if not will it still work for the level 1. The CRL doesn't really have a size specification as much as it does for the material used.

The pink tape measure is bikerchicks and the yellow is wampawears.89e93b38fa084847f808bcaf7a8d55d8.jpg88de090d51a759c6085685377b790e9e.jpg8a5cbd4b568d5e0b2f1bd08f99443c25.jpg7f43f8466abd3c35355ed64ac1b34f8d.jpge79293b1a01dca434974be332a0aba13.jpgba31574e304dbad7cfd6fd8fb0e24418.jpg5b8914396eea2930f58075a092df89f5.jpgf2dc0a80f4915fce1e7e6b2f31169372.jpg9330332c2d71aa31105612f11485d5af.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

After communicating with different staff members about this subject it was concluded that it was the right greeblie, I passed that along to the vendor. Then he was inquiring about the size of the wrist strap which I indicated .5" and he asked the size of the grey across the top of the hand I told him his vertical width was ok and that he just needed to stretch it across the top of the hand. He also inquired whether or not to leave the padding under the grey parts on the top of the hand. I told him I liked the padding but that i would ask the group if he should keep it or get rid of it. What do you guys think?

Gave them this image as a resource for the wrist and hand detail circling the wrist to show them what it looks like.ddb65aca1a62eccfd9a4a114d9122735.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you, Jake for continuing these discussions with Wampa Wear. Between Wampa and Gio, we'll hopefully have a few options for gloves in the near future.

Regarding the padding, here's a few screenshots of the kashyyyk scout from the film. 

UMTPKTv.jpg

MS6wwkV.jpg

fPWBnj0.jpg

Based on the images, it looks like there's a little bit of padding.

• Thanks 1

Thank you, Jake for continuing these discussions with Wampa Wear. Between Wampa and Gio, we'll hopefully have a few options for gloves in the near future.
Regarding the padding, here's a few screenshots of the kashyyyk scout from the film. 
UMTPKTv.jpg
MS6wwkV.jpg
fPWBnj0.jpg
Based on the images, it looks like there's a little bit of padding.
I passed that info along, thanks for your help chopper

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

These are the 2nd prototypes for the kashyyyk gloves from Wampawear. Once I give him the green light they will go into production. He's trying to make them lvl 2 accurate so troopers won't have the headache of needing to adjust his glove. The gauntlet will be a darker brown. What do you guys think? Should I tell them they work?95c639697f809022faf241f496358e16.jpg7c255988a0ca895ea79561006c2430be.jpgc87fbad955251652764ad380e50f0954.jpg

I'm glad that WW is working towards a better glove.

@ferra, you're one of the senior kashy's. What do you think?

I think it´s going in the right direction and it should be accepted.

Its got all the details in there. It looks good!

I wonder if @Jakeputt can convince him to do the cummerbund and pouches??

I think it´s going in the right direction and it should be accepted.

Its got all the details in there. It looks good!

I wonder if@Jakeputt can convince him to do the cummerbund and pouches??
I actually checked with him on that and he said probably not at this time.

• Sad 1

• 3 months later...

So, new Kashyyyk WIP here - are these WW gloves in production now?  I need a set, and was preparing to make my own but at the prices on the WW shop I'd prefer to buy them.  

-Brian

• Like 1

Hi Brian, yes indeed, the new gloves are available at WW.

https://www.wampawear.com/product/kashyyk-gloves/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1