ANOVOS Patrol Trooper helmet

Looks like everyone's favorite prop maker has gotten into the Patrol game

If they had the same access to this lid as they did to all their others, this tells us that the Patrol helmet has a similar recess detail above the eyes as the Shoretrooper

8f488578064ee68e7df7a191dab6978c.jpg

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Its a nice picture,  but that's probably the closest anyone will ever get to seeing an Anovos PT bucket.

If anything, hopefully their pics will reveal details that can be used to inform real prop makers when they make buckets that people can actually buy and recieve.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Dragon_a said:

Its a nice picture,  but that's probably the closest anyone will ever get to seeing an Anovos PT bucket.

If anything, hopefully their pics will reveal details that can be used to inform real prop makers when they make buckets that people can actually buy and recieve.

Agree 100%.  Which is why I posted that pic!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, matthewjblack said:

i used to freelance for anovos, and have a few buddies that used to work there. oh the things i could tell you......... ...    ....

I'm all ears!

• Haha 2

ha! well for one, i really dont know how they plan on making this. they owe so many factories money. who is manufacturing it? and if they do some how make it, how willl they get it to customers? they shuttered the warehouse. its just a ghost town.  im not sure they even have any employees.

so much of their abandoned merch is circulating FB market place from Chinese retailers trying to recover some of their lost money.

anyway. we can gossip in person some time. ....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

That is what I’ve been suspecting for awhile now. All the new preorders at discount prices are just a scramble for money to pay factories/debts.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

I will never understand how so many "amateur" prop makers can deliver quality products and on time, but a LFL licensed shop with help from the mouse cannot. I own some of Anovos' helmets and they are beautiful, but not worth the hassle or run around of their pre-order process. I had hoped they would produce the helmets first, then sell them as in stock. I would buy it in a heart beat if that was the case.

They had the patrol helmet a while back at a con on display. I honestly was hoping they would have them done and on hand in Chicago.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Barber said:

I will never understand how so many "amateur" prop makers can deliver quality products and on time, but a LFL licensed shop with help from the mouse cannot. I own some of Anovos' helmets and they are beautiful, but not worth the hassle or run around of their pre-order process. I had hoped they would produce the helmets first, then sell them as in stock. I would buy it in a heart beat if that was the case.

They had the patrol helmet a while back at a con on display. I honestly was hoping they would have them done and on hand in Chicago.

supposedly disney imposed an in stock only order on anovos last year, but they still seem to be doing pre-orders. i have no doubts that most of the older stuff people ordered will never see the light of day.
 apparently anovos owed one factory so much money they never ended up shipping several items. they waited so long the factory closed, and all the manufactured goods ended up in shipping container some where in china lost to the ages.

its understandable that there be some delays. coming from the manufacturing world, poop happens. with them on the other hand, there was such intense micromanagement that nothing ever progressed. too many cooks in the kitchen, and most of them had no clue.

most of everyone i knew there quit over the last 2 years. one of my buddies was still showing up to an empty building every day until a few months ago, but it was too depressing for him so he quit.

they had such a great license, and really could have done some amazing things with it, its a shame it was so mismanaged.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I know I shouldn’t have but I made a pre order for the helmet.... I’ll let you know how it goes. I’ve heard how bad they can be first hand from garrison members and also read on the forums. The only personal experience I’ve had is a FOTK helmet which arrived no problem. So let’s see this time next year where we are! Lucky I’m in no rush for this as have other projects I’m working on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I've steered clear of any ANOVOS products after hearing nightmare-like stories. But, I decided to take the plunge on this opportunity as it is likely the closest any of us will get to a screen-used helmet and I'm genuinely curious to see how the fan-sculpts compare. I fully anticipate not having my hands on the helmet for another +2 years, but I'll be sporting my ArmoryShop kit in the meantime. If and/or when it arrives, it will likely find itself encased in carbonite instead of a trooping bucket.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, eiiei said:

I've steered clear of any ANOVOS products after hearing nightmare-like stories. But, I decided to take the plunge on this opportunity as it is likely the closest any of us will get to a screen-used helmet and I'm genuinely curious to see how the fan-sculpts compare. I fully anticipate not having my hands on the helmet for another +2 years, but I'll be sporting my ArmoryShop kit in the meantime. If and/or when it arrives, it will likely find itself encased in carbonite instead of a trooping bucket.

How goes the progress on your Patrol Trooper?

4 hours ago, BikerScout007 said:

How goes the progress on your Patrol Trooper?

I took a leap of faith and am having it 100% completed (aside from the gloves and boots) by @Spiel at the ArmoryShop. It's a long wait but I think it will be worth it!

• Like 5

We can't wait to welcome you to the ranks!  @FIVE won't feel so lonely anymore. 

• Like 4

On 3/21/2019 at 7:03 PM, BikerScout007 said:

We can't wait to welcome you to the ranks!  @FIVE won't feel so lonely anymore. 

This is curiosity to me, I had previously seen handful of completed kits in the wild on social media--probably before the CRL went live. Definitely some in the Hong Kong Garrison. How come these members haven't joined the fold? Is it really only @Spiel and @FIVE, presently?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, eiiei said:

This is curiosity to me, I had previously seen handful of completed kits in the wild on social media--probably before the CRL went live. Definitely some in the Hong Kong Garrison. How come these members haven't joined the fold? Is it really only @Spiel and @FIVE, presently?

I was in touch with those folks while drafting the CRL.  They had only completed the front of the armor, as they had no good pics of the back at the time to finish the design.  They (OCD props) then decided to go back to the drawing board and redesign the whole kit.

I've seen lots of people on FB saying they are building the PT, but as of today, we still only have 2 approved in the whole Legion.

Step on it, people!  We can't expect Denis and Noel to be the only ones maintaining law and order on this planet!! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BikerScout007 said:

I was in touch with those folks while drafting the CRL.  They had only completed the front of the armor, as they had no good pics of the back at the time to finish the design.  They (OCD props) then decided to go back to the drawing board and redesign the whole kit.

I've seen lots of people on FB saying they are building the PT, but as of today, we still only have 2 approved in the whole Legion.

Step on it, people!  We can't expect Denis and Noel to be the only ones maintaining law and order on this planet!! 

My PT is still with Denis and it is almost finish any day now according to him.

Hopefully can get it ready for approval before May the Fourth.

Stay tune guys.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I just got my full AmoryShop PT kit in the mail last Friday. Already working on the helmet. I'll try to post some pictures in a WIP soon.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 6/6/2019 at 7:17 PM, Dragon_a said:

People may want to wait on the results of the class action suit currently underway against Anovos before handing over any money for this bucket.

Oh I wouldn't send them a nickel no matter how bad I wanted this.  And I saw it at Celebration and it looked too small for my big head! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 3:24 PM, Thx1978 said:

Lotta promises there. Whole lotta cheese on the line. For their sake, they'd better pull it all off or I doubt they'll have the license for much longer.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 6/21/2019 at 4:18 PM, Dart said:

Lotta promises there. Whole lotta cheese on the line. For their sake, they'd better pull it all off or I doubt they'll have the license for much longer.

Well, it's December now and the helmet still hasn't arrived. Nor am I able to get a response back from ANOVOS on the status. In other words, business as usual.

9 hours ago, eiiei said:

Well, it's December now and the helmet still hasn't arrived. Nor am I able to get a response back from ANOVOS on the status. In other words, business as usual.

No surprise there at all😥

Maybe it’s time to start thinking about other options and considering getting your money back from them. Hask has a fantastic rig for the patrol trooper. I’d see who he went with for his bucket and maybe reach out to them for more information. I would hate to see you abandon this project due to the Anovos frustration syndrome.
  • Like 2