Patrol Trooper boots

On 9/9/2018 at 11:00 AM, Reideemer said:

This is the CRL pulled for reference from the IOC. Green bold are my highlights.

Officer Boots
  • Knee-high, black, lace-less, smooth non-textured, leather or leather-like material.
    • Rubber is not acceptable.
    • PVC or synthetic material is allowed as long as it gives the appearance of leather.
  • There are no stretch panels, buckles, snap tabs, or decoration.
  • Boots have conservative heels.
  • If zippers are present, they are hidden on the inner part of the boot shaft.
    • Not visible from the front, side or back.
  • The top of the boots may be flat or Spanish Style, but not Cowboy or Super Hero (pointed at the front) style. 

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):
  • Boots do not have a zipper.
OPTIONAL Level three certification (if applicable):
  • Boots are made of leather.
    • Not vinyl or PVC.
  • Exact replicas of English riding (dress) boots or Equestrian boots.

All of this said, when we do go back and start working to update/modify for level 2, it may be in our best interests for the sake of consistency across the various costumes to actually integrate these standards for the patrol trooper...but that is a discussion for a later time ;)

Hi

I'm Manstim

i new here and im finalising my Patrol tropper armor from (Armory Prop shop). 

Not visible from the front, side or back. 

For boots, is sealed zipper allowed and if so, where should the zipper be? Based on some info found in the forum, the zipper should not be visible from front, back and side (assuming outer side?). Does it mean the zipper can be on the inner side eventhough it might be visible between the gap of the shin and calf armour?

Your assistance is much appreciated.

Thank You

Manstim

Here are the Boot requirements for the Patrol Trooper according to the CRL:

Boots
  • Black leather or faux leather riding boots.
  • Armor plating placed behind the heel ("heel guard"), over the top of the foot ("dogbone"), and over the toe portion ("toe armor").
    • Heel guard has opposite diagonal cut at both ends.
    • Dogbone is attached to the boot with a strap passing under the boot's sole.

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):
  • Light weathering required
  • Spanish cut tops required.
  • Boots have rear zippers.
  • Boots have snap closures above the zipper.
    • Optional: Boots have rear elastic gussets running alongside the zipper.
  • Dogbone strap is between 1-1.5 inches.

You will notice for Level 1, there are no requirements regarding the zipper.  That means it can be anywhere.  The only requirement we have is for a rear zipper for Level 2.

Stick to our CRLs -- the CRLs for other costumes don't apply to us. 

• 2 weeks later...

Those look very nice and close to the screen used too

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Riddick said:

Does anyone know where I can get Spanish top boots that are size 11 or 12 that are short.  

Not sure what you mean by "short", but I'm a size 12 and these are the boots I got:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003YLQAXS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thank you for the responds.  Short is the height of the boots. Regular sized boots are around 20 inches tall. The short ones are only about 16 inches tall.

1 hour ago, Riddick said:

Thank you for the responds.  Short is the height of the boots. Regular sized boots are around 20 inches tall. The short ones are only about 16 inches tall.

Ah.  These are standard equestrian boots.  I think if you need something a little more unique, you may need to try an actual equestrian boot maker.

On 2/3/2019 at 2:14 AM, Jd green said:

Would these boots be passable cheers

ADF2911C-5CA3-483E-88DB-333EBC7E71E2.jpeg

Just to clarify something..these boots are called Modena Vegan Riding Boots made by a company called brogini,I've bought a damaged pair directly from them for the grand total of £28 ,full price is around £70 , which seems to be a lot cheaper than most other suitable boots. I am correct in thinking the outer strap will need removing though? It can be easily removed by 'picking' the stitches.

Hi Justin yes that is correct only the rear strap should be there

• Thanks 1

@Hask just out of curiosity, does anything need to be done to the snap left on the boot once that side strap is removed?

Edited by Retrofire
Fix staff mention link

1 hour ago, AradunFF said:

[mention]Hask [/mention] just out of curiosity, does anything need to be done to the snap left on the boot once that side strap is removed?

If the armor covers it, then it would be fine for level 2.   If not, then further steps would need to be taken.

• Like 2

I thought I'd post for others to reference what the bergoni boot's look like with the side strap removed( hole could be used as a anchor point for shin armour?) along with the original calf strap which is elasticated and with a strip of leather sewn and glued in place.6391327239d6f670d47d996acabdb49f.jpg3225731cd38838473e5105050551d9e2.jpgdb174c6a1dbfbb2e2639a3b6f9b8df69.jpgdbe891ae3f95652513168a3f6efd7930.jpg

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

The armour covers up most of the boot. I feel they will be ok.

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
12 hours ago, jean said:

The toes sticking up may be an issue with the armour.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Hi all. 

So starting on my research for boots. And I feel the pain been in western Australia. 

Not alot of options. However Amazon is an amazing place. I found a pair of boots. That are under 200aud. 

Will post a pic once I can upload. This will be my last kit build. So I want it to be close to spot on. After building kits for the past 5 years now. 

I have over 30 kits from rebels to Imperials. 

• Like 1