Patrol Trooper boots

For Level 1 they are fine.   When we get around to a Level 2 I doubt we will allow the rear zipper and the buckle at the top

EDITED 1.28.2019:   After taking a closer look at the Hot Toys figure, it looks like the boot posted at the top of this thread would be perfect for Level 2.

On 9/8/2018 at 10:16 AM, star-trooper said:

Thanks and which type of boots would be suitable for level 2?

Well we haven't decided yet, but my feeling is we would lean the way the Imperial Officer Corps does and have them as plain as possible.  No zippers or buckles.   We would really need much better pics of the boots from the film to be totally sure though

EDITED 1.28.2019:   After taking a closer look at the Hot Toys figure, it looks like the boot posted at the top of this thread would be perfect for Level 2.

This is the CRL pulled for reference from the IOC. Green bold are my highlights.

Officer Boots
  • Knee-high, black, lace-less, smooth non-textured, leather or leather-like material.
    • Rubber is not acceptable.
    • PVC or synthetic material is allowed as long as it gives the appearance of leather.
  • There are no stretch panels, buckles, snap tabs, or decoration.
  • Boots have conservative heels.
  • If zippers are present, they are hidden on the inner part of the boot shaft.
    • Not visible from the front, side or back.
  • The top of the boots may be flat or Spanish Style, but not Cowboy or Super Hero (pointed at the front) style. 

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):
  • Boots do not have a zipper.
OPTIONAL Level three certification (if applicable):
  • Boots are made of leather.
    • Not vinyl or PVC.
  • Exact replicas of English riding (dress) boots or Equestrian boots.

All of this said, when we do go back and start working to update/modify for level 2, it may be in our best interests for the sake of consistency across the various costumes to actually integrate these standards for the patrol trooper...but that is a discussion for a later time ;)

• Like 2

On 9/16/2018 at 7:42 AM, TwistedZen said:

I thought that they had a strap in the back like this one.

https://www.amazon.com/FAMMZ-Riding-Police-Equestrian-Regular/dp/B01HJ04HES/

Honestly we don't know for sure.   We would need more specific photos of the costume and so far we have not gotten that level of detail.   

But for now, we are not writing a level 2 so the strap for level 1 is acceptable.

Maybe!  A little hard to tell until we get the Hot Toy in hand.  

But just to reiterate, we are allowing boots with buckles like this for Level 1.   Level 2 is a ways off at this point and hopefully by the time we start drafting it, we will have more pictures and the Hot Toys in hand as we do.   The bonus material for Solo didn't reveal anything new unfortunately.

• 1 month later...

So basically to be clear, my IOC boots are OK?  Mine are L1 vinyl, not L2/L3 leather.  They look like they'll work, but want to be sure.  No zippers/buckles at all, and best part they were like $70.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Daetrin said:

So basically to be clear, my IOC boots are OK?  Mine are L1 vinyl, not L2/L3 leather.  They look like they'll work, but want to be sure.  No zippers/buckles at all, and best part they were like $70.

Yeah for basic that is fine.  We are only requiring leather and Spanish cut tops for Level 2 -- which doesn't exist at this point!   I figure we should probably wait until we have more than 1 to start drafting Level 2 requirements

• 2 months later...

So for level 2 the zipper will not be required if so that is perfect as the boots are cheaper without the zip only asking as my kit will be arriving soon and I am looking to get my boots before they arrive and being in Australia there aren’t to many places to buy from

4 hours ago, Jd green said:

So for level 2 the zipper will not be required if so that is perfect as the boots are cheaper without the zip only asking as my kit will be arriving soon and I am looking to get my boots before they arrive and being in Australia there aren’t to many places to buy from

No it looks like a rear zipper will be required for L2.  It was just discovered along with a closing snap on the toy

1 hour ago, Jd green said:

Thanks for the reply still hard to find them here in Australia without having to mortgage the house cheers

I feel your pain buddy.  With the majority of the costume designing and building happening in England now, it's very tough for the rest of us to get the proper gear.   Even in America it's hard to get a hold of certain things without paying exorbitant shipping charges from the UK. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jd green said:

Would these boots be passable cheers

ADF2911C-5CA3-483E-88DB-333EBC7E71E2.jpeg

Those look pretty good other than the side strap. Although that may be easily removable. 

• 3 weeks later...

A possible alternative if any ladies are building is the Hispar Ladies Decent Dress Boot (used on ebay; could get really good pricing!)

33281643428_dabc10ebdf.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Do you think these will work? They are the only ones I can find to fit around my 18 and a half inch calves. None of the links in the threads will work for me, since I am outside the "wide" range. They look OK to me but I don't see a snap on the straps on the top. Let me know what you think! Thanks!

Boots.thumb.JPG.048c956fd09014823cd80571a3f3dd3e.JPG

29 minutes ago, staczilla said:

Hi all,

Do you think these will work? They are the only ones I can find to fit around my 18 and a half inch calves. None of the links in the threads will work for me, since I am outside the "wide" range. They look OK to me but I don't see a snap on the straps on the top. Let me know what you think! Thanks!

Boots.thumb.JPG.048c956fd09014823cd80571a3f3dd3e.JPG

They have got the zip in the back and the snap closure at the top so as far as we can tell those are spot on!

• 7 months later...