TB-8541 Build

FIVE

On 12/5/2018 at 6:36 AM, TanRu said:

Thanks for all the detail in this build. I just got added to @Spiel's list, so I'm still a while out, but this is all great info.

You're very welcome, man!

Here's some more info...

After my troop last weekend I felt like my cod piece was too low... but I liked how many "ridges" were showing from the bottom of my chest plate since I lowered my suspenders and ab and back. Then I looked at the SOLO book and noticed that space between the "notch" on the side triangle and top of the belt was much smaller than mine. Also that the "indentation" on the front was showing a LOT less than mine... see here...

47386282_2367129849967268_62879881016712

So... I unglued my belt and moved it all UP some. That also raised my cod piece into the right position! YAY!

47292461_325880288253827_218260900723818

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TanRu said:

How big a bin do you need for this costume? Will it fit in a "half-size" Husky?

Mine won't fit in my smaller bin. It's because I can't stack it like I did TK armor — I had that stuff shoved inside itself so small it was like an onion.

So so far I've just kept it in the trunk. But the nice thing is I only have to put on the ab/kidney plate, chest/back, gloves and helmet when I get there. I drive in my pants, boots, and top.

When I find a bin that works I will post it here too. It needs to be more "square" than long.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/10/2019 at 6:00 AM, TanRu said:

Hey @FIVE, can you show how the armor is attached to the boots?

I literally hot glued them to the top front of the boot when it was all said and done to keep them "up."
I don't have a video or picture of that... but other than that they just sit. And you may not need to glue them at all.

Here's a video showing some other aspects of the boots... in case you hadn't seen it.

IMG_5566-X2.jpg

1 hour ago, Thx1978 said:

Hey. Looks great. What type of reaction do you get when trooping as the character is less well known as a TK for example?

Thanks!

People love him!
More people than you'd think know who I am. Usually if they ask and I say, "I'm a patrol trooper from the Solo movie." They respond with, "Oh yeah! That was a great movie!" And the people that don't get it like that probably can't tell the difference between people they "recognize" and someone new anyway. 😂

• Thanks 1

what kind of pants are they?  I know Denis supplied the soft parts, but I will probably have to make my own.  Can you take pics of the shirt too?  Thanks

Kit looks great.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2019 at 7:38 PM, Ghost11c said:

what kind of pants are they?  I know Denis supplied the soft parts, but I will probably have to make my own.  Can you take pics of the shirt too?  Thanks

Kit looks great.

Here's the shirt...

IMG_9526-X2.jpg

And here are the pants...

IMG_9528-X2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A lot of people ask me about the belt too.

It came with Denis' kit. But what I've heard is you can find something for it on your own at home supply stores. It's a rubber material like is used for the edges of floors agains the walls. (So I understand.) It's 3.25 inches wide.

Here's a video showing it.

video-1547765837-X2.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
19 hours ago, BLACKFOX said:

Man, your Patrol Trooper looks great!! What's it made from? ABS, 3D Printed, Fibreglass?

@Spiel made this set.  The armor is 3-d printed.  

• 3 months later...
On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 7:02 PM, FIVE said:

Added some static cling sunshade to the inside of my Patrol Trooper lenses. I can still see great and now people can’t see my eyes. It also gives it more of the look that I think you’d expect to see when you meet an officer of the Empire.

42044860_560016867755044_675531682735980

Hey, Noel.  I'm following your build as I prepare for mine. I'm intrigued with your idea for obscuring the view into the bucket. 

Can you shed some light on the static cling screening shade thingy that you used?  I love what it looks like and the mechanical image it creates.

Thanks!

Also, for an update on the painting of the boots from some previous comments, most will see that this requirement was removed from the CRL as the boot armor provides the white that is needed. Boots can be left black!

8 minutes ago, wingnut65 said:

Hey, Noel.  I'm following your build as I prepare for mine. I'm intrigued with your idea for obscuring the view into the bucket. 

Can you shed some light on the static cling screening shade thingy that you used?  I love what it looks like and the mechanical image it creates.

Thanks!

Also, for an update on the painting of the boots from some previous comments, most will see that this requirement was removed from the CRL as the boot armor provides the white that is needed. Boots can be left black!

Just FYI, Noel retired from the Legion, so I don't know if he'll be chiming in. 

5 minutes ago, BikerScout007 said:

Just FYI, Noel retired from the Legion, so I don't know if he'll be chiming in. 

What?  With such an amazing new costume???  Guess I didn't get the memo...  Thanks for the info, Boss!

Well, if anyone else knows where to source the perforated static cling material, please chime in!

2 minutes ago, wingnut65 said:

What?  With such an amazing new costume???  Guess I didn't get the memo...  Thanks for the info, Boss!

Well, if anyone else knows where to source the perforated static cling material, please chime in!

Yes he actually sold his PT to Doug Ridley (@LawDoug).  I'm still waiting for Doug to finish it up and get approved!  :D

• Like 1