TB-8541 Build

FIVE

How exciting to jump on here as the first PT build! :D

First off, I've gotten and am getting all my stuff from the man himself @Spiel — thanks already and ahead of time for everything!

Here's what I've gotten so far. Helmet, boots, gloves, mic / speaker system.
The armor, undersuit and blaster are almost ready to ship.

The boots and gloves are my favorite boots and gloves I've ever had! So amazing!

And the HELMET!!!
Well, the helmet not only is like a solid totally amazing piece of perfection... but it has the most clear view I've ever, EVER had in armor

The speaker set up I’m using is an Acekool Portable Wireless Voice Amplifier Microphone.
Bluetooth UHF so NO CORDS!

My plan is to premiere him at the International Balloon Fiesta here in Albuquerque when the Vader and Yoda balloons launch.

Here are some photos so far...

PT_000-L.jpg PT_001-L.jpg PT_002-L.jpg PT_003-L.jpg  PT_004-L.jpg

I ended up using the extra cushion head support piece off of an “old” child car seat for my padding inside my bucket. It sits so amazingly comfortable on my head!

PT_005-L.jpg PT_006-L.jpg

• Like 1

Awesome!  I'll be watching this thread

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I painted the insides of my tube vents more white and covered the bottom with a sheet of white plastic. Then I cut out the frown and covered it with black mesh. (They were the easiest teeth I’ve ever cut! They practically punched out like they had been 3D printed with perforations right in the corners!)

Then I used an illustrator’s brush marker to weather it so it looks just a bit grimy like it’s been out patrolling Corellia.

I LOVE it even more now!!!! 😍

PT_Weathering_01-L.jpg PT_Weathering_02-L.jpg PT_Weathering_03-L.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Added some static cling sunshade to the inside of my Patrol Trooper lenses. I can still see great and now people can’t see my eyes. It also gives it more of the look that I think you’d expect to see when you meet an officer of the Empire.

42044860_560016867755044_675531682735980

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Okay... big updates here.

First off all the armor arrived minus the undersuit - which got stolen in Russian customs. The box had been opened and closed. So a new suit is on the way. Also the ab and back plates were a bit small. So those new ones are coming soon too. Oh, and the holster for the blaster was missing. Not sure what happened there. 😝

For the strapping I got the following - easiest strapping ever!

IMG_5574-L.jpg

A- Velcro: for the clasps to attach on the front of the shoulder and the clasps on the boots on the side that fasten once on.

B- Elastic: for the biceps and forearms.

C- Strapping. For holding up the ab and back, to connect the cod piece (I could use elastic “B” for that too) and to attach shoulder bells. 

D- Clips: For the suspenders made from strapping “B” to hold up ab and back plate.

E- Clips - middle push release: to attach the chest and back at shoulders when I put it on. Quick release will allow me to unfasten them easily when done.

I also asked about which way the straps on the side go... 

IMG_5554-M.jpg IMG_5555-M.jpg

@Spiel confirmed that "B" was correct and that the elastic simply wraps around the inside of the chest plate then the back plate slides under the chest plate when you wear it - which is what tends to happen when it's on anyway.

For the boots I glued the inside of the calf to the front shin and then left the outside "clamp" free. I had to sand out the holes just a bit to get them to snap in more easily.

IMG_5545-L.jpg IMG_5537-L.jpg

Here's a video showing how the boots will work.
(Click the image below to watch the video.)

IMG_5566-X2.jpg

The hand plates are just awesome because, like everything else, they fit my hands perfectly; so weird to have armor that is literally made for me!

IMG_5549-L.jpg

Finally one picture of the chest and back set up with the straps on.

IMG_5548-L.jpg

I'll post more pictures soon. If anyone has questions hit me up!
Oh yeah, the blaster assembles super easily - just snaps together! FUN!

• Like 2

This is awesome! Gives me some stuff to think about when I get to this point! I am a long way out but hopefully will get here soon. I too didn’t have my holster! I didn’t even get my blaster lol. But Denis has been great! And said he would send it out! So hopeful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

People asking how I am weathering my armor so I made a quick video. I'm a "do it the easiest way that works" kind of guy and after assembling 18 sets of armor - owning seven sets myself and weathering many a sandtrooper; not to mention other costumes and props - this is that way.

IMG_6389-X2.jpg

• Thanks 2

Great work, man!  Can't wait to see this get approved

• Like 1

Good luck, Noel.  If your GML has any questions, they can reach out to me.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FIVE said:

APPROVED!!!!!

Excellent work man!  Thanks for the build thread.  I'm sure everyone will be coming to you now with their questions :D

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, star-trooper said:

What paint did you use for your boots?

i am planning to paint mine soon.

For the toes?
I actually used PlastiDip spray.

That way it can peal off if you want it to — sort of — but it stays on good for trooping. 

8 hours ago, star-trooper said:

The Plasti Dip spray that you used Is it, “ classic muscle white”? Gloss finished?

Just plain matte white. I just bought mine at Lowe's.