Biker Scout Vendor List

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Bobythe3 said:

As far as I know imperial boots soft goods are not good for lancer grade correct? If so you may want to make a note of that

We don't evaluate whether things are L2 or not on the Vendor list.  Lancer issues are noted in the Lancer section:

• 1 month later...

Looking for DLT 19 options currently and having trouble finding using the above listed vendors. 

I did however find a prop maker here.  https://www.imperialarms3d.com/shop

He sells the EC-17, DLT 19 and DLT 19x. Kits, and fully assembled/ weathered and ready to troop. 

3 hours ago, ChrisA said:

Looking for DLT 19 options currently and having trouble finding using the above listed vendors. 

I did however find a prop maker here.  https://www.imperialarms3d.com/shop

He sells the EC-17, DLT 19 and DLT 19x. Kits, and fully assembled/ weathered and ready to troop. 

This thread is for vetted sellers. Don't share unless you've had a good experience buying from them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Didn't mean to upset anyone. Just saying I found a DLT .

Sorry.

Hey Chris, thanks for mentioning the DLT vendor that you ended up ordering from. Please let us know what your experience is like and the quality of what you receive.

Yeah, I just meant that you should wait and report on your experience before expecting to see it added to the list above.

There's a lot of people out there who buy 3D printers and immediately decide to be a vendor using other people's files to create poor quality stuff. Ebay and Etsy are flooded with them. It's a good idea to ask around before ordering something from a vendor that only does 3D prints. In my opinion, a quality prop builder is going to finish a 3D print and use that to make molds for resin casting, because it is much faster to pour resin than to print and finish (sand, trip, etc) each individual piece. It makes more sense (if making more than one of each) and takes a bit of experience beyond "I bought a printer" to do it that way, so it kind of implies someone who's been at it longer. Of course, you can find bad vendors of all types, but just something I look for. 

• Like 3

I found a Biker Scout helmet kit on Mon Cal's Prop Shop Etsy, will it be a good kit to purchase that i can make approvable by the 501st? This is the first part of the armor I am acquiring so I want to start on a good note. 😆  – Steve

il_794xN.2092423657_4mep.jpg.2c9b0cf3c248635bc392b53c1eaba7b0.jpgil_794xN.2044821838_jh1n.thumb.jpg.bd914f1dbf0b8c4790ecfee34705ae3c.jpg

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Cdydatzigs said:

I found a Biker Scout helmet kit on Mon Cal's Prop Shop Etsy, will it be a good kit to purchase that i can make approvable by the 501st? This is the first part of the armor I am acquiring so I want to start on a good note. 😆  – Steve

il_794xN.2092423657_4mep.jpg.2c9b0cf3c248635bc392b53c1eaba7b0.jpgil_794xN.2044821838_jh1n.thumb.jpg.bd914f1dbf0b8c4790ecfee34705ae3c.jpg

Yeah if you look on the list in the first post you'll see Mon cal is one of our approved vendors!  Cal makes a great kit. 

• Like 1

Here's a comparison between the Mon Cal/FAC helmet and the RS helmet. Mon Cal on the left, RS on the right. Built correctly, the Mon Cal helmet is absolutely approvable.

MonCal_RS_front_small.jpg

That's great! I ordered the kit last night and once it arrives in February I'll see if I can find an armor party to attend to get some pointers. I've built plastic models as a hobby off and on since I was 6, so I don't think any of this build will be outside of my comfort zone. 👍

Nice, yes there are a few of us who have a background in scale models, myself and @Retrofire included. I think you'll find that the skill set is easily transferable. Good luck!

• Like 1

Has this list ever been updated? I don’t see a few venders ( esp helmets ) that are not on the list but Iv been told they are definitely approvable.

Scott S.

12 minutes ago, Gotfire said:

Has this list ever been updated? I don’t see a few venders ( esp helmets ) that are not on the list but Iv been told they are definitely approvable.

Scott S.

This list is always being updated.  But there are also new vendors popping up daily.   If you have someone to add, please let us know who.   

• Like 1

From this list, in what order would you put the vendors if ranked for screen accuracy?

Sent from my GM1900 using Tapatalk

As NegativeEleven said, they are not ranked, but most would agree that RS Propmasters is the most accurate armor for the Scout because it is “lineage.” But it’s also one of, if not the most expensive versions you can purchase. Others, like CFO for example, come real close. Best bet is to take a look at the ultimate armor comparison thread here:

http://forum.501stpathfinders.com/index.php?/topic/17774-the-ultimate-armor-comparison-thread/

You’ll be able to see how various vendor offerings stack up to the Original BS Armor in side by side comparison images. Then do your research on cost, production time, and price. Budgets may require you to sacrifice accuracy a bit you’ll still get great quality for any of the vendors listed. All of the vendors listed will get you approved at Basic Level when built correctly per the CRL.

If you have any questions about Pathfinders experiences with a particular armor or vendor just ask. You’ll find many willing to share to help you make an informed decision for your own purchase.
  • Like 1

I was just coming here to post the Comparison link. 

We don't rank the armors because that would be seen as a form of endorsement.  Given the touchy relationship the 501st and costume vendors have with Disney concerning their intellectual property, we simply provide the information and allow the costumer to make up their own mind.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1