Ultimate Scout Pistol Comparison Thread!

Chopper

Since we have an ultimate armor comparison thread and an ultimate helmet comparison thread, I thought it might be helpful to start putting together an ultimate scout blaster comparison thread as well. Hopefully this will serve as a helpful resource for new troopers looking to purchase a scout blaster!

If anyone else has images of other makers scout pistols, or the original props, please post them and I can add them into the main post.

The first three products I have to compare are the Hyperfirm, DVH, and Polymer Armory Hero pistols. The Hyperfirm and DVH pistols are made out of rubber, the Polymer Armory pistol is made from solid resin.

My personal take:

Hyperfirm -- lightest, but inaccurate scope attachment and shape

DVH -- magnets in the nose and handle help keep it secured in the holster, accurate shape, but slightly smaller than the Polymer Armory version, some bubbles in the rubber resin (NOTE: DVH sold his molds to Blasterworks: https://blasterworks.net/)

Polymer Armory -- Heaviest of all three, but still relatively lightweight, accurate shape and details, hard resin construction means you risk breaking the barrel or scope if dropped

Of the three, I prefer the DVH, due to the accurate shape and magnetic attachments. The Polymer Armory hero version is AWESOME, but better used as a display piece. The Hyperfirm version is ok, but keep in mind the trade offs I mentioned.

Left side view (Top to bottom: Hyperfirm, DVH, and Polymer Armory)

fIG4X0w.jpg

Right side view (Top to bottom: Hyperfirm, DVH, and Polymer Armory)

3bbi6RV.jpg

Top view (Left to right: Hyperfirm, DVH, and Polymer Armory)

uIyCoYu.jpg

Note the scope bracket placement on the Hyperfirm, when compared to the DVH and the Polymer Armory. If you're looking for accuracy, this is the biggest drawback of the Hyperfirm version.

ADDITIONAL RESOURCES AND REVIEWS:

Retrofire's DVH Blaster Review:

http://forum.bikersc...showtopic=15585

Griffin-X's Duff Blaster Review, including comparisons with the HOTSHOT, SCI-FIRE, and UGP // Hole in the Ground Productions blasters:

http://forum.bikersc...showtopic=10612

Review of the new Praetorian holdout blaster vs the DVH blaster:

http://forum.501stpathfinders.com/index.php?/topic/20915-praetorian-biker-scout-holdout-blaster-comparison-and-review/

Review of RS Prop's Lineage Scout Holdout Blaster vs DVH blaster:

http://forum.501stpathfinders.com/index.php?/topic/22936-a-look-at-rss-lineage-ec-17/#comment-215008

IMAGES OF ORIGINAL BLASTER PROP:

UAEOAam.jpg

8qJuTRd.jpg

C5kymoM.jpg

CR6Y8qd.jpg

G3VFAji.jpg

ROTJ SCREENCAPS:

HrRY0Pl.jpg

1LroDBq.jpg

kIWz9oA.jpg

hE6Va2M.jpg

A2gJdUC.jpg

Thanks! Hope this helps!

• Like 6

Thanks for this. Just starting a scout, trying to figure out with one to get. I have a hyperfirm e11, might go that route again

Happy to help, brother!

Thanks for this. Just starting a scout, trying to figure out with one to get. I have a hyperfirm e11, might go that route again

I would go for a DVH. The HfX are nice but the scope stand-off is too wide. It also comes with a built in rare earth magnet to secure it in your boot holster. He has few available and it's worth a look. I also have a HfX e11 as well as a Relby rifle but I went with DVH from an accuracy stand point.

Great thread Chopper!

• Like 1

I would go for a DVH. The HfX are nice but the scope stand-off is too wide. It also comes with a built in rare earth magnet to secure it in your boot holster. He has few available and it's worth a look. I also have a HfX e11 as well as a Relby rifle but I went with DVH from an accuracy stand point.

Great thread Chopper!

I did see some other posts about the HfX scope after my earlier comment and saw a post about the built-in magnets on the DHV. Thanks for the input, definitely leaning that way now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great thread Chopper!

I did see some other posts about the HfX scope after my earlier comment and saw a post about the built-in magnets on the DHV. Thanks for the input, definitely leaning that way now

Great thread Chopper!

Here's a review I wrote regarding that particular blaster. Hope it helps. http://forum.bikerscout.net/index.php?showtopic=15585

• Like 1

Thanks everyone.

Here are some points to keep in mind of the three blasters I posted, (Hyperfirm, DVH, Polymer Armory) --

Hyperfirm -- lightest, but inaccurate scope attachment and shape

DVH -- magnets in the nose and handle help keep it secured in the holster, accurate shape, but slightly smaller than the Polymer Armory version, some bubbles in the rubber resin

Polymer Armory -- Heaviest of all three, but still relatively lightweight, accurate shape and details, hard resin construction means you risk breaking the barrel or scope if dropped

Of the three, I prefer the DVH, due to the accurate shape and magnetic attachments. The Polymer Armory hero version is AWESOME, but better used as a display piece. The Hyperfirm version is ok, but keep in mind the trade offs I mentioned.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

This seems to be a great blaster for a cheep price. Made of resin so you'd have to sand and paint yourself. Is it allowed ?

http://www.holeinthegroundpro.com/starwars.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have some other items from hole in the ground and they were of good quality and shipped quickly. I don't have one of his scout blasters though. I'd be happy to post photos for the sake of comparison if anyone has one in hand.

I do think that a resin blaster will fall into the same category as the polymer armory one, which is that it's heavy, would sag your boot, and being resin, prone to breaking if dropped.

• Like 1

I did a review of the Hole in the Ground blaster here --> http://forum.bikerscout.net/index.php?showtopic=10612

So you did! I did link that review, but I'll edit and clarify the post to note that it includes the Hole in the Ground blaster.

Thanks Griffin!

• Like 1

So you did! I did link that review, but I'll edit and clarify the post to note that it includes the Hole in the Ground blaster.

Thanks Griffin!

No worries. The blasters in that review are all that were available at the time. The Duff blaster is no longer being made; although it's a favorite of mine. I think the DVH blaster is the best option around now.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

As promised, Chopper.

Here is one of Negative 11's blasters. I bought it used from Neg11, so it has some attractive weathering already.

DISCLAIMER: I have never held or trooped with any other Scout blaster, so my opinions are purely based off supposition and a vivid imagination, lol.

The first three pics are an attempt to mimic Chopper's original comparison pics and the last pic is an attempt to show detail in comparison to the pair of reference pics in his post. The underside pics are for comparison to Griffin-X's (hard to read his stuff now) pics involving the Duff, HS, SF, and UGP models. (Please forgive the poor quality, cameras on $150 tablets apparantly have an IQ of 4)

WOLF'S OPINION:

Length - At 9 inches (camera perspective is odd), the Neg11 seems to be an inch longer than the HF, DVH, and PA versions.

Weight - seems to be very reasonable, but I have no baseline for comparison.

Durability - feels like poured resin and fairly indestructible.

Color - I personally love the semi-gloss. Looks like the bluing on a real weapon.

Security - the magnet is a beast. I dont see this going anywhere while I stomp around.

Detail Accuracy - much more detailed than the reference versions but unfortunately, we all know less is more when it comes to canon. That being said, this is a damn good-lookin blaster. The lack of seams down the length of the body is impressive and the surface is smooth and without a lot of (if any) bubbles. The real screws holding the trigger guard and scope to the receiver add realism.

Fit - Neg11 informed me that it fits the SC and KS holsters, and he has a thread on here somewhere showing how he mods the holster for other armors.

I hope this helps, Chopper. It was fun comparing the different reviews and pictures.8c20c95a9d3dcb339dd5752dd48134fb.jpg2bbee2167b54dcc0dd8ddbf632cb99d1.jpg93801a5f372d0179933a8d6d3c3d67e3.jpg4d71ec4e773c29ccd3039bd3009f8300.jpg09b3a786e4dccb144e71d63d108da8c3.jpg

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Great work NCwerewolf! Thanks so much for taking the time to add this to the thread!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Just saw this. Thanks NC. I don't come back here as often as I should.

It's been a year since I have poured a blaster, but the mold should still be intact if anyone wanted one. Since Duff and DVH started offering blasters in 2015, I figured I'd just step aside since theirs were so much more accurate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Just saw this. Thanks NC. I don't come back here as often as I should.

It's been a year since I have poured a blaster, but the mold should still be intact if anyone wanted one. Since Duff and DVH started offering blasters in 2015, I figured I'd just step aside since theirs were so much more accurate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Don't worry, we got you on the list, man

http://forum.bikerscout.net/index.php?showtopic=19003

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Update -- finished a review of the new Praetorian holdout blaster vs the DVH blaster here:

http://forum.501stpathfinders.com/index.php?/topic/20915-praetorian-biker-scout-holdout-blaster-comparison-and-review/

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Update -- link to @woobiee's review of RS Prop's Lineage Scout Holdout Blaster:

http://forum.501stpathfinders.com/index.php?/topic/22936-a-look-at-rss-lineage-ec-17/#comment-215008

• Like 2

@Chopper This blaster i believe is Abs? It was made with my commisioned kit from armour-factory.com

I know nothing about it, except what i needed to do for it to clear basic/lancer approvals. So maybe you could tell me more about it or atleast if its great/good/cheap quality. It was the ONLY piece in my kit that needed just one minor fix (remove scope decal).

First day it arrived:

DQySXwx9KOjAR5e0ZcArWq2JBJuMun9AvDp1FdJn

3sqZoVjv3G0H1ExSxTMGWxJv3Jov02p-DTlMn7Vu

After I removed the decal:

ATEDckuMl0Bq2L6lYXV5maw_K_a7fkKvjpLtmKYh

Q9YSnsYnGd0STWtMe3d6_U8kzf4wsIlLCTrTzbQq

Seems almost store bought or Manufactured. They could of just purchased them as well. They told me my gloves were Wampa Wear also (They aren't). So thats about all my knowledge on it.

The blaster you have appears to be a finished 3D print. If it's printed in ABS, then I would expect it to be fairly durable. Aside from that, unless you know the exact creator of the model, it's tricky to tell you much more.

Much like the 3D armor models, quality and accuracy can vary. If you're looking for a comparison with the other blasters which have been reviewed in the past, the main feature that stands out to me is the singlepoint scope. It appears to be longer than those used on the DVH, Praetorian, or RS blasters.