rubber blaster

mooreada

Starting my shoretrooper build and I have seen a few articles on rubber vs foam vs resin blasters. I like the concept of one made with rubber since i have little kids who will most likely want to hold it...and drop it. I have also read 3D printed/assembly are most likely to break on a drop. However, I am concerned that the ones made with rubber will be much less realistic. Does anyone have any photos of a finished weapon made of rubber? I would also be curious if the painting/weathering is different for plastic vs rubber.

Thanks

• 7 months later...

Hyperfirm blasters are rubber and the weathering they do is superb, some people who see them personally can't believe that its made from rubber but like you said it is less realistic than others. Also I heard someone in one of the ST groups make rubber E22's just cant remember the name of the guy.

3D printed blasters are not "that" fragile. But just like most plastic kits, they don't bounce when dropped. However, if you want the best, most realistic, most troopable blaster go for a PVC pipe build with resin / 3D printed parts and greeblies. The one I use with my TD (when I'm too tired to pick up my T21) I am always being asked if it is real.

In any case, I thought Disney had pretty much banned blasters from their endorsed events. Maybe just in Europe.

However, if you want the best, most realistic, most troopable blaster go for a PVC pipe build with resin / 3D printed parts and greeblies. The one I use with my TD (when I'm too tired to pick up my T21) I am always being asked if it is real.

Where'd you get yours?

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Here you go ...

tD9XjBXh.jpg

XDE0cv0h.jpg

yXpuiv4h.jpg

The front sights and power cylinders are 3D printed. The T-Tracks are rubber. Everything else is either resin or PVC pipe.

Reminds me I keep meaning to add the spring and charging lever

very nice blaster ...

learning about the e11 versions myself so i have to ask...

is there a reason you dont have wires running from the power cylinders to the hengstler?

i know theres differnt(5?) power cylinders configs .. does that include the wiring too?

i have a blaster master full blaster kit and a questdesigncanada blaster complete headed my way ... even between those 2, one of them has wiring an the other doesnt !?!?!

very nice blaster ...

learning about the e11 versions myself so i have to ask...

is there a reason you dont have wires running from the power cylinders to the hengstler?

i know theres differnt(5?) power cylinders configs .. does that include the wiring too?

i have a blaster master full blaster kit and a questdesigncanada blaster complete headed my way ... even between those 2, one of them has wiring an the other doesnt !?!?!

Thanks for the compliments.

Can't say that I am an expert on all of the E-11 configurations. I tend to pick a particular version of a screen used prop and try to emulate it. The wires connecting the power cylinders and hengstler were not always present on the prop blasters so it's become something of a personal preference. I don't really care for them.

For more in-depth information you should probably head over to blaster-builders.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hyperfirm has a rubber Rogue One E11B. I just ordered it but I forget to tell them to leave the fake M300a tac light off. I had to cut it off but it was not difficult. Once the light was cut off, it was easy to install a real tac rail in the open space. Now I am waiting for the working M300a to arrive

There are many differences between an E11 and E11B. Some of it is slight repositioning of the same pieces. Others are totally different pieces.