High Ex Grenade

Benjamin

Seems to be the same grenade used over and over in the film. Doesn't seem particular to the Shoretrooper

Maybe its meant to be kept inside the TD. Or what we call the TD. Obviously they aren't TDs if they aren't being used as such

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I was going to use elastic to keep mine closed so I can store my keys inside it but I ended up gluing both caps on.

In the movie you can see some of the guys with Saw have pringle cans mounted on their vests as well.

Right. They used the same type of grenade against the tank on Jedha.

• 3 months later...

The grenade in question is called a Merr-Sonn Munitions Fragmentation grenade per the Rouge One ultimate visual guide and it is the same grenade carried and used by the Death troopers. However the grenade used by the rebels against the tank on Jedha is different. ( it is more streamline) the Merr-Sonn grenade is to tall to fit in the Pringles can so my guess is that it came from the TD. (also it was a squad leader that used the grenade so he does not have a Pringles can on his belt) If you want to get a copy of the grenade you can find the plans on Thingivers for 3D printing. The file is a great build. It comes in two parts that take 10 hours for one side and 9 hours for the other side. The whole thing screws together and there is plenty of room inside for a lighting system. ( I recommend a 2025 3v battery) The holes for the light source are a tad off but only need to be widen length wise. I printed mine on a Robo 3D plus one which is at a 100 microns and it is pretty smooth to start off so you will not need to do lot of sanding to clean it up.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have seen 3D printer plans for Merr-Sonn Munitions Fragmentation grenade, but curious how anyone has done the lighting and what LED or LEDs were picked up to achieve the effect. I have seen posts describing some that could turn on the leds with a twist. Has anyone found something small enough to create the count-down sound effect?