Paint Colors

SimpleJedi

What do guys think about using yellow cab taxi 1220 from Montana Gold for the yellow?

The Yellow and Red are pretty generic. Wouldn't go out of my way for anything special.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm checking to see what paint is available here in NZ. Fortunately, the Satin Ivory is available which is good news.

The local stores have Rustoleum Chile Red , not the Banner Red. Is the Chile Red an acceptable substitute or do I need to grit my teeth and pay international shipping to have it brought here?

Cheers

Erin

I'm checking to see what paint is available here in NZ. Fortunately, the Satin Ivory is available which is good news.

The local stores have Rustoleum Chile Red , not the Banner Red. Is the Chile Red an acceptable substitute or do I need to grit my teeth and pay international shipping to have it brought here?

Cheers

Erin

I would suggest speaking with your GML , I can't see much of an issue , what we have said if the correct colours are not available in your country then the closest match is clearable.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So would Montana "Shock Red" be Ok for the arm then? I have it and want to spray the bicep but thought I'd check. I know the Toyota Color keeps coming up in convo too. What is the consensus?

the colour used was Toyota Red 3E5 all colours have been confirmed by Glyn Dillion

• 3 weeks later...

For USA/Canada, I can't find Rust-oleum Painter's Touch in golden sunshine. Is this a typo; did you mean gloss golden sunset or gloss sun yellow?

http://www.rustoleum.com/product-catalog/consumer-brands/painters-touch-2x-ultra-cover/

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know the matching Pantone or RAL colours for the 3E5 Red and Nordic Blue?

At the moment I am considering RAL 3020 Traffic Red and 5024 Pastel Blue. Any thoughts?

It’s hard to compare colors using a computer screen. I just picked a paint brand that offers automotive colors (e.g. Motip) and searched for Toyota 3E5 on their site. If you can’t get an exact match find something that comes as close as possible, for example Montana Gold Shock Red and Himalaya Blue can be used for basic 501st approval. It also depends on the weathering to get the correct look. For level 2 the exact colors are required.

It’s hard to compare colors using a computer screen. I just picked a paint brand that offers automotive colors (e.g. Motip) and searched for Toyota 3E5 on their site. If you can’t get an exact match find something that comes as close as possible, for example Montana Gold Shock Red and Himalaya Blue can be used for basic 501st approval. It also depends on the weathering to get the correct look. For level 2 the exact colors are required.

Thanks. A friend is going to take a trip to Halfords this week and ship me the exact paints.

Thanks. A friend is going to take a trip to Halfords this week and ship me the exact paints.

That would be even better. Keep in mind that it is probably not allowed to sent spray cans through airmail.

• 4 years later...

So apparently I never put this info here. 
For the folks in the states the Nordic Blue can be bought by auto detailer paint shops with the US paint code.
I first bought it off amazon and is actually a bit of a duck shell green/blue when layer down thick so some kind of paint system to atomize the paint is ideal.

This is what I looked it up under in my research
FORD FIESTA Light Blue TO/XSC-1401A. UK Nordic Blue MG, T & 1401A
https://theautopaintdepot.com/automotive-paint/touch-up-paint/ford/the-auto-paint-depot-light-blue-to-xsc-1401a-touch-up-paint-for-ford-fiesta-all-years/

image.thumb.jpeg.33fdf0c3cd24a0da22733a4f5d1d1e7e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2ba3e465dcce2f47bf62415258d478b3.jpeg

1 hour ago, CoryBoom said:

So apparently I never put this info here. 
For the folks in the states the Nordic Blue can be bought by auto detailer paint shops with the US paint code.
I first bought it off amazon and is actually a bit of a duck shell green/blue when layer down thick so some kind of paint system to atomize the paint is ideal.

This is what I looked it up under in my research
FORD FIESTA Light Blue TO/XSC-1401A. UK Nordic Blue MG, T & 1401A
https://theautopaintdepot.com/automotive-paint/touch-up-paint/ford/the-auto-paint-depot-light-blue-to-xsc-1401a-touch-up-paint-for-ford-fiesta-all-years/

image.thumb.jpeg.33fdf0c3cd24a0da22733a4f5d1d1e7e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2ba3e465dcce2f47bf62415258d478b3.jpeg

All good man, we were one step ahead of ya!

http://forum.501stpathfinders.com/index.php?/topic/19926-recommended-shoretrooper-paints/