Gerald's KT build

gerald

armour endured 10 hours trooping very good just 1 velcro gone from boot armour no other "casualties" reported ;)i removed some pouches from cumberbund so velcros was too little and they no kept em on.i will replaceall pouches anyway so fabric i used isnt good for that ,would be glad for any advices from You guys what yet (instead of pouches should be changed) so i hope i will maker my application soon and would be good to know what You think .

(not sure if sending much photos here is good idea if any of our admins decide its too much pls remove or move em where is better place ) :)h4b3.jpg

0u0m.jpg

fp6k.jpg

svcu.jpg

bkv1.jpg

From what I can see, it looks good.

I would like to see some more close up pictures.

This is your build thread...keep posting those pictures. :D

sure Thx Grumpy i try find some closer ones ,otherwise i will do full pics when i make new pouches .our guys suggested to change visor just need ask GMl why if its colour or so,definitely need new mirror film , one i used got old glue probably and little bubbles appeared :/ its also very dark i'll try put transparent or light green plexi and green mirror film,as for now in weak light i barely can see anything.need also do some fixes to toe armours , they are too wide,and of course pouches and drop boxes,bresent i used for cumberbund is not so good for pouches.

here is full set of our photos from event if anyone want to check ,will have some movies later probably.

https://plus.google....CPa2pd_5yLOe9AE

• 4 weeks later...

last fixes&repairs almost done,got no much time last days,pouches almost done,got foam to stuff them also,fixed boots ,got trouble with visor,availability of green transparent plexi in our country is damn low,finally got something very light green i plan add car sunproof green tint from outside of visor,and mirror tint from inside hope it will work.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys i will be sending my appliication tomorrow probably,already sent photos to our GMLs ,but most important for me is to know what our fellow troops who work and use that armour say :)1003578_10203250790931666_1817404428_n.jpg

1947552_10203250791051669_350911356_n.jpg

1622867_10203250790971667_203743960_n.jpg

1908242_10203250791491680_2057280023_n.jpg]

1600992_10203250791691685_908758218_n.jpg

1975108_10203250791531681_204634799_n.jpg

1911653_10203250791611683_278874186_n.jpg

971746_10203250791131671_1572216616_n.jpg

that bubles on visor are mostly raindrops,no real bubbles picture was taken after 4 hour patrolling in heavy wind&rain.

one o ring from toe armour dropped and some sews on pouches are visible so i glue em ,i also try add more green to base colour using green wash so finally it came too yellow,pouches and cumberbund are clear w/o weathering yet ,cause i was sewing in pouches all night before event to get sumfin to troop :)Would appreciate any advices what to do yet overall with that stuff .

Hello Imperial Citizen!

Due to the work you have done for the Empire, along with your correspondence of your Garrison Membership Liaison (GML) and the Legion Membership Officer, your application to join the 501st has been approved!

Your new TKID is: 19691

CB 19691 reporting for duty:)

Thanks for help,and advices folks would be very hard go thru that without You all :)

Time for suggested fixes/improvements,and for dc15a build,i'm planning also Gree type binoculars,

and started another more "clothy" costume for afterparties ;P

though i can even run slightly in my kashyyk :P just need add chin strap to helmet so its jumping on head while jogging :P

Congratulations my Kashyyyk brother!

Welcome to "The Swamp!" B)

Thx Alan it would be alot harder without Your advices:)i try to help others to "repay' what You all helped me :),just last month i've got net just in work my home provider failed totally need find new one and its hard on the end of the world where i live ;)I will also udate my work on DC15a and binocs so they are for that set of armour,we got here an guy who is making very nice dlt 20 i must ask him if he would make long dc 15 .

thx :) long but worthy ,i hear now alot from my garrison guys "hmm now when i see that kashyyk scout done i wonder....maybe i should make make one for me " ...;p

9175-A.jpg

The Rebel Legion is happy to announce that the costume you submitted

("Gerald CB 19691") has been accepted as "formal".

As you have got your first formal costume approved this means that

you are hereby a full member of the Rebel Legion!

You have been assigned to Eagle Base.

RL accepted me also :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ive used 2 one silver/venetian mirror and green anti sun glare strap people use on the upper edge of car windows sometimes,so my visor was too ligh green ,if he have dark green plexi just silver should work i.ve got small piece of that from company wchich produce tint for windows,otherwise need be bought wchich is pain so they sell just big pieces :/

• 2 months later...

Thx :) this guy is doing really awesome job,lil downside is so there are some places where in close look you see wood facture through paint ,but overall i'm really glad about that model :)

• 2 weeks later...