Gerald's KT build

gerald

Your doing a great job, and it was me you seen with the velcroed toe caps...

I have the velcro running from the tips of the toe, to nearly where the laces start. Ive never had an issue with them coming loose at all and I've walked a pretty good distance in them (not as much as Matt though)

For my cod piece I also used velcro... just two strips hanging down from inside of the nylon belt to the top inside of the cod piece. I dont have a big space so you cant see the velcro.

I see you have your face greeblies already attached. I didn't attach mine until after I had all my camo painted on, I thought it would be easier that way,

Thx Allan:)Yes i attached em so my glue not so good work on painted surfaces,need buy more glue i used before for bicep greeblies andsuch so they must go aftercamo though.

hmm yeah but You modified back edge of toe arms bit up with that silicon pasteor so?

normally in BC set toes dont go up so much they more flat i think,it can be also difference in upper side of boot front of my boot goes a bit up so it move armour up also :/

I've walked a pretty good distance in them (not as much as Matt though)

Hey Death Recon,

...whoa....uh, what??? :huh: Are you trying to say that I'm old?? That I've walked a good distance, like from here to the sun a few thousand times?? :blink:

Is that what you're saying? ;) (Man, my legs are tired...)

But...

Gerald...the second piece of material looks close.

http://allegro.pl/material-wojskowy-kamuflaz-cordura-kamuflaz-wloski-i3653748356.html

But to me, the black spots and the real light spots (almost white) don't look good on it.

I know that the alternate suggested material is the multi-cam. And I'm aware that not everybody can get it.

The second option is a plain tan, and then add the camo patterns of green and brown.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

**Hey Heatshock...if you happen to read this, check out the camo that Gerald found and see what you think...**

___________________________________________________________________________________________

(I would like to get another's opinion on this material, due to it not being one of the two options on the pouch material.)

Definitely do not use any of the "digital" camo material. (Kind of contradictory since the Kashyyyk Troopers are all digital characters... ^_^ )

The best thing to do would be to get some tan material that is closest to the base color of the armor, and paint the camo patterns on it yourself. That way they would match the camo patterns on the armor.

Just my suggestion. ( I mean, you have to paint the camo on the armor anyway...)

The grey-green material for the cummerbund looks pretty good. (Not too much of one color. Pretty good blend.)

And the color on the strips for the cummerbund, as well.

The shins straps look like they have a good color of tan to them. Not too bad on your choices.

hehe we should build You juggernaut vehicle grumpy for all Your help here ;)

Yeh most camouflages have that black/very dark brown spots :/

maybe i would be able to make pouches that way so i keep that black and light spots on back side where velcro goes but it would probably get alot of material,its online shop so i cant see all material sheet cant judge how

much of that black/lights spots is throughout all sheet :(

I think i can buy multicamo in that shop even so its no problem,just wondered if any of that can be closer :)

camogrom is barely not affordable as fabric but its very similiar to multicam maybe some lighter can change that with certain weathering/misting on multicam i think.

With shins im just worried so they are 25 mm wide and buckles are 30 but if i mount em central will be just 2 mm difference on each side so should work :)

The shin strap size will work, a real buckle is always bigger than the strap used with it.

I would think it better for you to paint on all your camo yourself.

Having your pouches and hard armor paint scheme matching will give everything a good personalized look/feel.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LoL, no not at all Matt -_-

I was only implying that you had more "experience" than me... old man :D

Yep that true,well i'll wait yet on opinions from our garrison before i order that stuff so would be good take that in one package,seems i got most materials needed to finish that stuff heh,finally so wallet started screaming ;)

oh well and got mesa blaster :)poor photo so i just unpacked it and left for future no time now ;)

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/4589/6j7c.jpg

hey Folks

got another option for pouches A-tacs camo,though need check availablity in shop ,

http://helikon-tex.com/upload/product/cat8532855410595.jpg

Got materials for cumberbund itself also

here is how looks cordura comparing to molle straps i plan to use(in real that cordura is bit darker i think):

http://imageshack.us/a/img809/3343/drcg.jpg

that lighter fabric under it its back of cordura,shining so its impregned,i plan to use that side on wchich strap is

and here is bresent with same molle strap :

http://imageshack.us/a/img15/3945/i5ty.jpg

what will work better ?if it will be impossible to buy good camo for pouches i think i will use that bresent and paint camo on it

Hey, when ever that Juggernaut gets built, every Kashyyyk Trooper gets to drive it...and you can run over all of the battle droids you want!! :D

The link for the pouch material...

cat8532855410595.jpg

If the material comes like this...then WOW!! It already has a good style and color for the camo patterns. :)

Seems to take the fun out of it...*just kidding* ;)

But, I'm sure that you will have to cut it up, if it comes as a coat.

Keep the updates coming. B)

yeh A-tacs is new camouflage type from what i heard it comes in 2 different tones one green like that and another brown,

i found cordura fabrics with such patterns,though its unavailable in shop for now and really expensive comparing to multicam and other similiar stuff,guys from our garrison press me to paint it myself lol,so probably i will start with that ,always can make new pouches when i will upgrade armour :)tomorrow i hope to hit shop for camouflage colours i found shop wchich have paints for graffiti alot of colours and they mixing stuff if ordered so i hope get sumfin nice,just need check what type of paint is that.i'll try update more stuff thru week so by weekend was working mainly on measuring back/chest plates ,was alot of work with heatgun on that,also finished bondoing 2nd shin and backpack so most heavy bondo/sand jobs done :)hehe jugger would be great ,its so lil of us so we easily can make party inside ;P

base&brown color is direct hit i think,green too dark and too intensive need more olive or so wonder how lighten it add white or light grey?

http://imageshack.us/a/img708/4280/i8qz.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img812/8636/c70o.jpg

pics done with lamp so colours could differ :/sadly thru week no chance to make pics at daylight

starting adding brown camo,dont hate so much lol its my first try with foam painting :P

http://imageshack.us/a/img20/3586/i1iz.jpg

its just 1st layer i will try shade it yet with with next layers,what ya say guys is that any start?

damn screwed my 2nd shin its too wide i measured cutting to one wchich i got ready and that no moved in glueing,

i think was different angles of material or so and when it was pressed with clamps it straightened sides,and is wider now well...cutting tomorrow lol we learn on mistakes every day :)

Thx Brent :)was alot tries and researching finally ended with visit in graffiti/skateshop ;) they have alot of colours ,most are too sharp but sometimes u find nice things ,ive brought my green in artist shop though its too dark need mix it with lightgrey to get what i want :)

that brown is called "bean brown " if someone is at painting his camo can check that one in an skateshop:)

Wow, I have to admit Im in the same boat as Brent... The camo pattern is terrific! makes me wants to redo mine!

tan and brown look good, I think I'd try to add grey to the green to bring it a more olive look (good luck, colour matching sucks, as we all know)

THx guys :) Allan if u planning repainting try paint with foam piece,i was afraid so never did such thing ,but it seems it makes nice jagged edges :)i will update how that green/grey mixing will work base is paint for weapons camouflage "marsh grass" ,those paints are nice matt and they no relex light at all just there isnt much colours of em,that base could have a bit green tone yet but is not bad :)

I was going to do the foam painting technique but I picked up a cheap airbrush and ended up doing it that way.

That green looks a lot better, I think you need to add a touch of a "light" green (like a granny smith apple green)

Oh and wasn't picasso's style more or less like a camo pattern ;)

yeh i was afraid too ,never tried that before,but effect is nice as for that camo,just need to use new piece of foam if u left it longer so when dried it harden and it can screw things,also paint need be at rather liquid consistence better effect of jagging,and smoother surfaces.dyes darkened a bit when dry,brown is still ok but i make lighter 2nd green layer.I hope i'll do some job thru weekend if my snap/nap work will be ok i hope to put together back&chest and finish most arms pieces.

slowly forward ...eh alot things to be fixed yet but finally got main armour plates measured and assembled together ,doh seems i need put more padding under shoulderpads they keep go under biceps lol.some of that stuff on ducktapes yet but its how its start shaping.

green colour not so good i ordered different spray and will experiment yet,got trouble with rubber painting also ,nothin want keep on that silicone belts :/n1r3.jpg