KASHYYYK TROOPER CRL 2013 - in discussion awaiting publication

Heatshock

Discussions for CRL as of 2013 - http://forum.bikersc...showtopic=10614

Discussions regarding a higher level of clearance - http://forum.bikersc...showtopic=11077

storage of discussions on parts breakdown for 2013 CRL discussions - http://forum.bikersc...p?showforum=103

for reference old discussions up to 2012 - http://forum.bikersc...?showtopic=5025

CRL in 2012 prior to 2013 rediscussion - http://forum.bikersc...?showtopic=9409

• 2 weeks later...

I can't help y'all at all, no pics or anything because I am just beginning my build, but I want to say thanks to all who are putting in so much effort to get this CRL done and get the pics out there. For those of us just starting the builds, there are a lot of unknowns, which is excrutiatingly frustrating. But I've been trying to follow along. I don't necessarily agree with the final CRL entirely, but the bottom line is we all need to get on the same page, so it is what it is. I'm too much of a noob to have any standing to disagree with you guys, who have been doing this far longer and I consider experts. Thanks again all!

I'm too much of a noob to have any standing to disagree with you guys, who have been doing this far longer and I consider experts. Thanks again all!

Not at all Colin, I'm quite new myself only being approved a couple months ago (after working on my armor for a better part of a year) but you will find that even the guys in mid build can have a say (not saying it will change anything, but it might put it up for discussion)

The real pioneers are Mr. B, Grumpy, and HeatShock.... these guys have been at it for a while and have been most active to promote and help out anybody new.

But of course you still have people like Beselphfu and myself that are newer but more than willing to help out if you need a hand.

Just make a post and tell us what your thinking or send one of us a PM. (I know I usually get a few every week asking questions and it doesn't bother me to help someone else along when I remember how I needed a helping hand once in awhile)

Aye the problem with this particular clone is that so much is opinion

Unlike old trilogy where there was a real world item, there aren't any in the kashyyyk trooper

What we were tasked w was to set a standard. We aren't sayin it's 100% correct. I certainly have never said it was perfect. And anyone who says otherwise is beyond arrogant. We are merely doin our best. You opinion doesn't mean any less. And the crl is only the beginning to try and guide people. If u and ur Gml decide a certain item is more curate, go w it.

The problem w the crl for this particular costume is that as more and more people come on line with it, more opinions get thrown into the mix. So we can't keep changing the crl every time some one disagrees w what had gone before. We do the best we can at the time and then stick to it.

Hey there's stuff in there that I disagree with. But that's the best kind of compromise, no body is happy.

Nate

Be forewarned that I tend to jump from the subject at hand, to other things that happen to pop into my brain at the time. "Scatterbrained" is a minor description. Deal with it. :P

I have been in the background for a bit now, just reading all of what is going on. I also, am getting tired of the "well, it looks more like this..." stuff. I will be very happy when the final CRL, with photo examples, is posted on the main 501st site. So, when it's done, then that is what will be followed. No more discussion on changes. Opinions and discussions have already happened. There has been more than enough time on all of this. It will be done soon. There will always be disagreements. Here, and with other costumes.

This has been the costume that I have been most involved with.

Out of the four costumes that I have owned, I have had this one the longest.

Plus, with the upgrades that I am working on with mine, I have also made one for my wife, my son, built one for a Garrison mate, and built one for my daughter. (Just a little background info for ya.)

I have never said that I was an expert on this costume. I just like to help new Kashyyk builders when I can.

I just enjoy building them and seeing the completed result. My help and advice is always available for anyone that asks.

I didn't design them or make the armor, but for the people that ask, I always let them know who the makers and designers are.

Those people will always get the credit. (PGHFett, Mr. Bungle, and now BikerChick. If I have forgotten anyone, please let me know.)

Plus, there are those I believe have done great things with this costume, who are in my opinion, the pioneers of the Kashyyyk Trooper. And they are Mr. Bungle, Lonescout, and Heatshock.

Since I got into this character, back in 2009, the was a small CRL to follow. Back then it was in agreement and that was what was followed. (I almost had a green tinted cummerbund, because that was the color that was decided, at that time. It was then decided that it looked grey. And that was by using the screen pics. So...whew!)

It was only recently that 1 person's "opinion" started this latest uproar to make a new CRL that was more screen accurate. That's fine as well.

And it seemed to be done in much haste. But, oh well.

So, to those that are just building this costume, welcome.

There will be a finalized CRL soon. Bear with us.

This has come from the past few years of investigation, screen captured images, comparison with pre-production concept models, original designs, the "Super-secret rare 3-D imagry", and other members previous costumes.

It's comparison and contrast.

All of the guidelines will help you to create a Kashyyyk Trooper that is similar, not exact, from the characters seen in Ep. III. (Can't get "exact" because it's CGI. We have nothing tangible to compare with. And the "shadow play" that happens with these characters is awful.)

There will always be opinions on color, texture, and how a particular piece of armor is assembled and worn.

That's all great and dandy!

Yes, there have been a couple of changes in different part colors, such as the riding patch.

I've had a grey patch for the past four years. Because that was what I followed in the CRL.

I have only, within the past week, just changed it to the "oatmeal' or tan color. I have also finally upgraded to the dark brown dyed British DPL Desert Camo pants and shirt. For those past four years, I have had a dark brown dyed version of Canadian military camouflage. The time and money has been a big factor in "modernizing" my costume.

I don't know if anything of what I have said actually means anything.

The "modernized" and "updated" CRL will be available soon. (At least that's how I see it from what has been posted.)

Please be patient and follow it when it's completed.

From then on, that is what will be recommended to complete a Kashyyyk Trooper costume.

There will always be disagreements and opinions on colors and styles, and etc.

But, like Nate said, we have to have a final version, or this will continue forever.

On one particular note, I would like to say that I am very happy with the latest Kashyyyk Troopers to be approved.

With the individual camo designs that these new , and older, members have painted on their armor, it makes me happy.

And amongst the compromises to the CRL is that there are no exact patterns for the camouflage that is applied to the Kashyyyk Trooper's armor.

Maybe someone will be able to duplicate the CGI coloring on their armor. That would be spectacular.

But, for those that are already approved, or are currently building, do not be harsh on your "critique" of their armor.

Not everyone will have the same camo "pattern" because there is no set pattern.

They are similar, yet different in their paint style.

For me, that's perfectly okay.

I also believe that this is one of the most difficult costumes to assemble.

Trying to find all of the parts, the gloves, the boots, and then getting rubber pieces to stick to the plastic armor.

There is a lot of things to do with this costume.

But, look, we almost have 30 Kashyyyk Troopers.

We are catching up with, and will hopefully surpass, the Galactic Marines. (No reason, just for fun. I mean hey, they have some similar parts to the Kashyyyk Trooper. Just sayin'.)

So, "Let's go 41st Elite - Recon!"

And......

"Shut up and troop!" ;)

Cheers!

Grumpy :angry2:

END OF LINE

• Like 1

Not at all Matt, Im glad you put your word in.

Its true though, we need this finalized CRL so we can have something solid rather than what its been for so long with "I think this is better, and I think that is better"

That can be left between the applicant and their GML.

I am guilty of doing that though :huh:

ok submission in its current written form submitted to Marcel abt a week ago - awaiting uploading

in the mean time - SUBMISSION PICCIES PLEASE guys!!

here. lets move on. happy to continue discussions, but for now the standard (as it is) is set. Lets get building, lets get trooping.

1268061_568498553206720_1787649699_o_zps16472287.jpg

7343040b00643ac4aaca4cf7e217dcfd_zps88bfca44.jpg

Nate

• 2 months later...

the text is printed, and is as posted in the relevant sections

Cummerbund

For 501st approval:

• No molle vest or variant.
  • Appearance of 2 tones of grey, whether the effect is achieved with weathering or in actual construction.
  • Appearance should suggest a darker base with lighter vertical stripes.
  • Has a midsection belt that goes around cummerbund.
  • 2 vetical black stripes to go on cummerbund belt on the front.
  • 16 pouches of accepted size and shape (note different flap configurations) ;
    • 2 long front pouches
    • 2 small rectangular front pouches
    • 8 small side pouches
    • 2 long back pouches
    • 2 large rectangular back pouches

[*]Pouches are either cloth covered and painted with a khaki base + camo pattern or covered with multi-cam cloth.

Matt Lindon has noted an error in the text for the chest plate

• Metallic undercoat; silver or chrome recommended. Can be applied layered style or topically.
  • Amount is dependent on individual troopers.
  • Krylon khaki tan for the base coat.
  • Panzer Olive green or equivalent.
  • Flat Earth brown.
  • Black/grey/white misting recommended
  • camo pattern to simulate on-screen troopers – weathering recommended.
  • 2 black straps connecting chest and back plates.
  • Flush join at the sides.

The greeb connecting the chest and back plate is GREY

thanks mattalso a level II certification was submitted, but not been published ....

Nate

• 3 weeks later...

Per request, the Black/ Grey description has been corrected.

New question...

Should the word "BARC" be removed from the Kashyyyk description ?

From what I understand, the Kashyyyk is a "Clone Scout Trooper".

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Clone_scout_trooper

While BARC's are technically reserved to Commander Neyo and the 91st Reconnaissance Corps, as well as the "327th Star Corps" :

91st

91st_Recon_Corps.jpg

327th

BARC_comm.jpg

For the past few years, we have been calling ourselves (*unofficially*) "Kashyyyk Troopers."

Recommend remove "BARC" and replace with "Kashyyyk." (Simple description.)

I see no need to change the "CB" designation.

(We are used to those letters.)

Unless someone opposes that. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

BARC has been removed from the Kashyyyk description.

In even bigger news, I have Photoshopped and added all of the CRL images, as well as adding an upper page description.

This means that the Pathfinders are now at 100% completion of their CRL's.

Thanks for your input and ideas and to those who contributed images to the project.

Brilliant!

Could the main 501st page also reflect the name?

http://www.501st.com/

Midway down the page where the Legion costume stats are located, it still says "BARC Trooper."

Could that be changed to "Kashyyyk Trooper?"

And of course, by clicking on that name, it takes you to the members page with that costume.

http://www.501st.com/members/costumeroster.php?catagoryID=19

Could that be possible, Damian?

On another note...

You now have an open opportunity... while attention, effort and focus is directed toward finalizing aspects of the Kashyyk / Scout Trooper, to assign a new, more accurate, set of designation letters to this character.

Although the B in "CB" stands for BARC, the first words that have always come to my mind have been "Camo Biker".

That seems a bit more fitting now, but it is also true that "BARC" and "Biker" are terms that are not correctly associated with the Kashyk (Clone Scout Trooper).

An idea to kick around while the moment is at hand.