Jae and Mike's KT builds

miqt

Thanks guys. Kudos to my brother Jae who came up with just the right tint to get them, that colour!

You'll get it just right on take 2 bro. When that filler kicks, it finishes firming up in just seconds. I jammed a couple thumb tacks around to keep it all fairly flush. I'm gonna have to fill just a tiny bit to make mine right... I really wish while we had the greebs trimmed out that we would have made a paper template to mark the shape back on the tank for masking and painting purposes. Oops.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks MB, Its been a while since we have been able to work on these. We are now

officially.....slowly.... back at it. Heres the start of the paint job.

Grey primer

Beige sprayed mottled

Custom Tamiya green- Flat Green and Yellow Green 1:1

Custom Tamiya brown- Khaki Green and Flat Brown 4:1 ... ish

These are the shoulders before misting, dry sponging, dry brushing, weathering, and blending.

I figure it will take a wild mix of techniques to get this like the screenshots.

IMG_0205_zps8d845c21.jpg

• 4 months later...

Spent some time today shaping the right toe cap. Lots of slow heat gun work. Also

got the right calf measured up and did some test fitting.

IMG_0517_zps78af4cfe.jpg

I got lucky and found a close match surfing hours of shoes on ebay. They are fairly small... they hardly fit in fact.

The things we do or screen accuracy.

IMG_0529_zps82344c33.jpg

used a contour ruler to get the L arm greeb to recess onto the L arm a bit for a better fit. Now Ill hollow it out to

save a bit of weight dragging the bicep around. Itll get some sculpting putty to fill any seam when it gets installed

on the bicep.

IMG_0530_zps734ea0dd.jpg

L arm greeblie installed onto bicep. seam filled all around with a little apoxiesculpt. With all the

troubles associated with trying to paint rubber greebs I'll probably fabricate the strap in styrene

and just adhere it.

IMG_0532_zpse4675ebd.jpg

Forearm plates reshaped and resized so they wont hang too far over the gauntlets. Might sculpt a bit more of a return edge or

might not. The refs lean toward this piece of armor being fairly thin.

IMG_0541_zps39890bba.jpg

Its a work afternoon while our kids play Jae and I will try to make some more progress today. Some

action shots to follow:

Shins!

IMG_0542_zps49fa3580.jpg

Thanks Gerald. The original BC rubber was black. Its is now done in grey to reflect changes in the CRL.

Im seriously thinking about doing the pouches in EVA foam. I can sand rounded edges into it and Its

easy to work with. I could laminate some elastic cords into the layers that would then be used to attach

them to the cumberbund. Im going to at least experiment with that since I have some material kicking

around. Thoughts?

never worked in EVA honestly :) but pouches need have fabric surface afaik,about attaching ,most people use velcro ,i plan use naps or even sew them onto cumberbund.But i will see how it will go with new pouches i'm sewing now,old ones got bad camo.

Well the pouches don't have to be fabric...they just have to look that way. Smoke n mirrors. I want to try

Taking canvas, laying it on EVA foam and using an iron to transfer the texture. Actually adding a layer of

Fabric would be plan B.

Got my toe caps, shins, and knees primed and base coated tonight. Camo pattern next as well as finishing with

The biceps and putting the finishing touches on the bucket before spraying base coat. Will put up a pic when i can. Also im thinking of going a different way with the gloves. Im thinking of making the brown part with the greeb into a cuff on the coveralls instead of integrating it into the glove. I think itll end up looking better. Ill try to post a pic of what i mean tonight. Also.... I did some bluray watching freeze frame on vivid..... And..... The forarm strap is grey-black-grey not two seperate grey straps. Not maybe... But for sure, really it can be seen on the screen caps already posted around the threads.

Discaimer:

I Know some or all of these points have been debated prior to the new CRL. Im not looking to reopen the

debate. Just looking to make our look like the screenshots.

PS. WOW when you watch the bluray in full hi-def on vivid- does it ever look cheesy. It brings out certain

details nicely but the movie is almost unwatchable. Like everything is made of plastic.

SwampTrooper-ROTS_zps84dc9805.jpg

• Like 1