Jae and Mike's KT builds

miqt

Here we go....... Brothers from other mothers Jae and Mike are building KTs.

Mike:

Bucket- done

Armor- done

knees need strap

forearms need straps

Combats- done

Boots- done

Gloves- done

Bund- needs sewing

Pouches done

Jae:

Bucket- 80%

Armor- Biceps together, tank on shins coming together

Shoulders ready for weathering

Combats- making, have pattern and fabric

Boots- desert boots

Gloves- detail pieces sewn on, have gauntlet leather

Bund- patterning, have fabric and dyes but need more

Pouches- not started yet

The Desert DPU's are around. Check out the surplus stores around the GTA and you should be able to find something. Shouldn't be too difficult to get a hold of.

Good luck on the builds!

I can't wait to get going on this.. but "Boots sourcing".....Holy moley... No Buffalinos to be had anywhere .. Maybe some

Super tweaking on some Israeli IDF boots or other desert boots. Can we get this all done for SDCC 2013? I think so..

Thanks Dartski!! Y'know... Its not too late to join us ;-)

Ha! My canoe's full to the brim with other stuff, but thanks for the offer. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Got a bunch of material today! Undersuit, riding patch, cumberbund (not straps though), and pouch material. Not sure wether to start patterning or wait for the armor. Ill post a few pics of the materials i went with soon.

Yup- definately going to make a flightsuit similar to the TBs and use fabric paint for the darker camo blocks... Jist trying to decide if black ir realllly dark brown is the way to go. The color of the "material" only shows up well in a few shots but i think ive got it nailed down. Should be picking up casting materials for the glove greebs and maybe some leather and dye for the gauntlet tops this aft..... Cmon armor!

Picked up casting rubber for the glove greebs. I wanted to go with foam for the glove greebs but there will be some issues. I go with rubber=0 issues and i can get it done in a couple weeks. Jae and I also got leather for the glove gauntlets. A good day!

Picked up casting rubber for the glove greebs. I wanted to go with foam for the glove greebs but there will be some issues. I go with rubber=0 issues and i can get it done in a couple weeks. Jae and I also got leather for the glove gauntlets. A good day!

Good days are the best! :)

As long as the crl refects the costume exactly as it is seen on screen in the movie we will be ok.

Hit micheals this morning. Fabric paints, foam for the pouches. Several shades of rit dye. I think ill use a few different base colors for the pouches, thats what the dyes are for.

And.... Another stop at fabricland for cotton webbing which i will dye. Im tired of searching for the right colors in a synthetic. Almost all of the materials are collected for our builds now.

Ill make lots of mistakes for you to learn from DR. :-)

No more talk.... now I start shoeing our work. My boots. The soles are getting some 300 grit loving, then a good wipe with thinners. I found a tulip fabric paint that seems to be a great match to the screen color. Its called linnen and its a really light tan. Fabric paints need to be diluted with distilled water and well mixed to get shot through the airbrush. If the color is too light I have some golden tan to add to it for the final coat.

IMG_0468_zps8d42c07c.jpg

using gorilla glue to adhere canvas on hard white floral foam (for the pouches): fail. It doesnt hold worth beans. Im going to try the

much more expensive adhesive thats meant for foam and styrofoam. Boots almost ready... many thin coats. I think the color is just right

(after weathering it should be that is). Pic soon.

Top bolt- Brown for coveralls- darker Brown, almost black camo pattern will be airbrushed on with fabric paint as close to

the screen pattern as possible.

Middle bolt- Natural Color shoe canvas for pouches, to be dyed a few different shades to reflect the scrren differences in pouches.

Bottom Bolt- greyish green, for the cumberbund base. Going to experiment with sponging on a pearl grey dye to get it darker while

retaining the green highlights that are seen on the screen close ups, along with brown... brown would be added with

fabric paint.

IMG_0469_zps003de277.jpg

Shoes Painted. Just need weathering now. I think the color is very close. Theres just a hint of 2 tone on the screen grabs. I hope to accomplish that just with weathering. If not, I can mist the soles with super light grey or something.

IMG_0470_zps31bf4482.jpg

The sole looks as white as the shoe. You need to add some tan to it.

Yeah, dont know if id rather tint my leftover 'linen' color with brown or golden tan. Gotta take another look at the screenshots. Worst case scenario is ive got to buy a bit more paint.