CAMO PATTERN - discussion for CRL

the easiest way to get the uniform look would be to put out a couple of templates to follow for painting armor? the camo pattern if you will, basically here are templetes cut them out and paint through them, of course do it in a random order /location so we all dont have the exact same camo pattern in same spots. instead of some having large blotches and some streaks of camo and what not. not saying either is wrong thats something else we can come to an agreement on.

I meant uniform as in the general scheme of the costume ie colours to use, greeblies etc

the whole template vs made up was discussed a while ago - and the concensus was that we went for individual interpretation

as the whole CRL is up for discussion again - would you guys like to discuss this again as well?

personally I came down on the 'individual side' as I quite like that aspect of costuming

My "pattern" is the one I based off of my Kashyyyk. I just kept using it on the other Kashyyyks that I built. It's hard to get exactly what's on the screen, due to shadows and movement.

You still want to have the base tan show through and not overload it with the olive and brown. When you add some misting with a little bit of black and white (and sometimes tan) spray paint, it dulls down the dark colors.

My thoughts are that the troopers painted the camo themselves, so each one will be similar, yet different.

That's where we CAN say "as close to the screen cap as possible."

I think that everyone will have their own interpretation of the "patterns." Also, with what I've seen from the other troopers out there, I say "well done."

Not mad at anyone for their paint jobs.

If you are unsure, just post a pic and ask for opinions. That's why we are here. And our opinions are not the final decision, they're just an opinion.

is that "well done" kinda ment like the "bless its heart" when talking about an ugly baby?

Aw, you're killing me Zack. ;)

How about "It looks good?" Not like an overdone steak. (Or an ugly baby..."bless its heart!")

its appreciated Chilled

and it was my fault - I let it get under my skin.

but this is more than about me, so I took a few days break, got Grumpy to cover my lazy bum and now I am back.

apologies to my clone brothers for the momentary lapse of good sense

Does this mean I'm out of a job?

its appreciated Chilled

and it was my fault - I let it get under my skin.

but this is more than about me, so I took a few days break, got Grumpy to cover my lazy bum and now I am back.

apologies to my clone brothers for the momentary lapse of good sense

As I stated before I'll get some pictures of my digital Tan CadPat up for us to take a look at.

I've uploaded too many pictures already tonight so I guess I'll do it tomorrow...

I prefer the way it is now with up to your interpretation seeing as I think each soldier did his own armour.

Rofl grumpy, no it doesn't

Chilled - it moved off the topic on the other thread, so used it to post up another

Templates have been discussed before, so worth discussing again if we want to redo the CRL again. No booger flinging involved ;)

Darn right the digital pattern is closer! The dark color blocks are definately bigger on the screen grab than yhe cadpat. Im tempted to just use farbric paint through the airbrush to make that pattern. Like cadpat but with bigger chunkier dark shapes.

Yeah I know the darker patches are bigger but I was hoping when it was dyed that would help that... There are a few other options with a digital pattern that we can look at as well.

I'm not saying anything is wrong with the current BDU's but if we can find something a little more readily avaliable, that is just as accurate, then we can have that option as well.

(Even though the current CRL does not dictate you "have" to use BDU's)

Hey guys- for the topic of the camo pattern for the CRL: Im wondering why we are using silver paint as a base. I dont see any gleaming silver

in the screenshots anywhere. The other clones decided long ago that metal peeking through the weatherig was a big no-no. I do think

that Gree may be the exception to the rule though Im not a Gree costumer.. but Im just not seeing anything that justifies the use of metal

colors on this armor. Can someone please clarify this for me please?

Ok Thanks Chilled. I do get it.. the same discussions were had at clonetroopers years ago I beleive. They finally went with a `no metal` stance. I think the biggest reason for that decision was not screen evidence, altough to be fair i dont think theres any silver showing on any grunt clones, but EU references to the armor being composed of a `plastoid`instead of Mando Iron Beskar stuff (like the Jango and Boba). But since no silver is evident in the screenshots, it seems to me to be an unneccessary step at best. If we are aiming to improve the CRL I am seriously thinking that we shouldnt be using silver as a mian part of our revealed or topical weathering. I have to say... I think that the KT has a lot more to do with the Clones than the TB`s or any other category. This is my .02 on metal coloring with regard to the CRL anyway... other members takes on this?

it boils down to a fundamental change to what we use as our base line.

to me, the 3d renders are the equivalent of finding the original prop for say, the stormtroopers. in their original state, as they were meant to appear. you of course realise as well, that a lot of MB armour was actually based on these pics. the pghfett/bc parts on the screen. hence the diff looks to the armour

and it isnt silver, its chrome, like grees. although both silver and chrome clear.

afaik it is only really seen on the 3d renders.

• 4 weeks later...

I was wrong - you can see some chrome peaking through the shoulder bell on this BR grab

KST-7-TopHalfLookingAtCamera_zpsb9cc0c4a.png

It doesn't seem too shiny, though. There are some other grey/chrome spots on the tank of some of the KST's, in some of the other scenes.

And, not that it matters here, but in the RL, they do not accept you if you have any "chrome" showing.