riding patch

• 3 months later...

Yeah Chef sent me enough for 2 riding patches at least.

I knew you were busy with all the con's going on over there so I asked if he could give me a hand.

I've got my application in so nows just a waiting game. (For both Bselph and myself)

• 3 weeks later...

Thats the same colour I have on my Kashyyyk combats, and in my mind its too light compared to the screen shots on the previous page. When you're out in the light of day it almost looks white, instead of the colour seen on the captures on Kashyyyk itself even with shading etc.

Lighting has a huge factor on those screen shot, & Weathering will solve that issue with your oatmeal colour looking too light, remember there are two levels of certification to work towards.

Tan riding patch is level 1 and Oatmeal is level 2.

Both still require weathering as with basicly every piece of hard/soft armor.

• 1 month later...

looked at ur pics on garrison site man. shades ok. personl perference, not clearance issue, i would dirty it up a bit more. it will generally darkenen up the patch and whole costume in general.

i dont think we will get everything down pat, as it is after all a cgi costume. but it is omehing we ll have agreed to by onsensus.

nate

• 2 weeks later...

for me it looks more leather,though while its all over 3D rendered,its often barely impossible to make it 100% screen accurate.Then i would say suede / leather for 1st lvl clearence with encouraged leather on 2 lvl.

Anyway i wanted ask what You think about that 2 types of leather will any of it work?

1-http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/4170/8cim.jpg

2-http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/419/vxly.jpg

could someone give me also advice how big piece of leather i'll need for patch approximately?

as the long 2 year discussion has shown - and your own comment Gerald - everyone has an opinion and no one can agree. So we have allowed for both. The decision has been made to have grey/oatmeal for Level 1, oatmeal for Level 2.

If we keep changing our mind, or allow individual opinions to spark off whole new CRL discussions, we will never have a CRL to speak of. Like I have said on another thread - its not perfect. But we have to make a decision, and agree on a standard. It wont be for everyone, but its a standard we can all hope to aim for so we at least all look alike.

Hard to say t- but it looks good tbh mate

As for size - you can guess yourself, as its based on how big an area is depending on your trouser size. Mine was 18 cm x 12 cm for one side. But you have to adjust to your own thigh length.

Nate

• Like 1

Completely unrelated....

But this issue is going to become more and more prevalent in the future as the film industry relies more and more upon CGI. With no real world reference to base materials, texture and shape upon, the 'real world' costume is going to become more and more 'opinion'.

It's not like the good old days where you can go "that was an Esprit set of gloves"... FACT. Which gives you a 'definite' to work towards.

Sad, but that's how it's going to be.

• Like 1

Yes i agree totally,computer effects in movies will make it hard to judge what material to use :(

And i totally agree so we need that standars,it will make way for new troopers easier,thx the force we have veterans

like You guys who helps otherwise we woul be "deep in forest" with our armours&costumes...wait scout should feel good deep in forest...;) (joke but really thanks for all your help :))

• 3 weeks later...

So riding patch goes a bit down from thigh pouches?is it positioned in middle of inner part of leg?i mean same part of patch on back and front side considering central inner sew as middle?how far approximately should be edge of patch from edge of thigh pouch?patch is rectangular with a bit round corners right?