riding patch

ok I admit, this was a hold back from Mr Bungles time.

and also the fact that we couldnt agree to the shade of tan we were goign for

there was a thread on various dying attempts by "skupinski"

med_gallery_1_11_123489_zps8b0d4fd0.jpg

even on the blurry shots its tan :(

med_gallery_1_11_186987_zpse6182f7a.jpg

its even on the 3D renders

kashyyktroors7_zps7449edf9.jpg

2 things then:

do we hold to tradition - as in the 1st few blurry shots, it was interpreted as grey

better DVD adn 3D renders - it kind of looks dirty grey? maybe?

shall we now change to tanned ?

And we havent even begun to discuss - leather? cloth?

Here's that thread I was talking abt with dye tests on the leather http://forum.bikerscout.net/index.php?showtopic=6025

Now remember guys, we are seeing the textured look only because of the 3d renders, not the actual screen captures.

I know it's only the 3d rendered pic that we see the texture in...

But if we look at the next closest armour with a riding patch; ie. the Scout Trooper then we know from their CRL that he riding patch would be leather.

That's taking it a step further than just visual because the lack of quality shots of the crouch regen for our beloved Kashyyyk Trooper.

If I had to only go on what we see from the screen caps I would say that the patch is baige-ish tan.

The way I see it the more opinions on what people are seeing as the true colours the better.

For what it's worth chaps...

I put a post in the general thread to point out this "oatmeal" colour that I used for my Snow Scout.

It's a suede material (as per the scout CRL... not leather... but leather based).

It's not TAN, and it's not GREY... it's somewhere in between. I like it.

Here's a pic:

file-30.jpg

I got it from eBay. Here's the link, although it's UK based. So not sure if you chaps over the pond can get hold of a similar material.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Blackout-Faux-Suede-Curtain-Lining-Fabric-13-colours-/160918792220?pt=UK_Crafts_Fabric&var=460133244636&hash=item257781e81c

You'll need to scroll over to the oatmeal colour.

Hope this helps.

no worries my brothers - I will get a sample, then if we all like it; happy to get it sent all here and have em shipped out

we are, after all, an international bunch :D

part of the reason Mr Bungle and I got on so well when we 1st started was precisely for that matter.

we can sort it out man

our DL has a different opinion, but over on CT.net - any change in CRL has a 6 month grace period. I would contact ur local GML to see what he thinks

my personal opinion - would be the current CRL should apply until 6 months from the new one being published.

for the riding patch, it looks like we are heading down a oatmeal colour. And certainly if this is proven more accurate (as it does on both the 3D renders AND screen shots). But as yet, we have not consulted widely enough nor agreed a colour or texture outside of the 4 of us. But if this IS the correct colour and texture (personally I think so!) I will be changing mine again :D

At the end of the day, if something is wrong in the CRL it should be changed immediately, so new guys can get it right. That being said if a trooper has already started and is close to completion then it is down to their GML to use their discression, and I would certainly back them up to get cleared. I pesonally would build to what you see on screen and then you have nothing to worry about bro same as our Tony.

Not grey ;)

Suede all the way, riding wear patches are predominantly suede, the is the biker is the evolution of the Kashyyyk, as the TK is the clone, follow the logical similarities, which were no coincidence, and you'll come to the logical conclusion, that they would be suede, not leather.

Suede. (Material)

Oatmeal...or "gran." (Color)

My opinions. That's all

END OF LINE

• Like 1

Taupe, Oatmeal, Mocha. can we photoshop to cut that color out and make a bigger sample to get it in our heads better what its supposed to look like? I own photoshop an i think it can do stuff like that, but i cant even put a pic of me on a sw background. Please? Someone?

• 3 weeks later...

ok - thanks to chef, material is wierd in real life!

for all the inference of evolution of one trooper to the other - it doent matter. on screen, it still looks very textured

thanks to DR for the BR screen grab

KST-9-RidingPatch_zpsa7dd82a1.png

so NOT grey - agreed. but are we happy to accept suede? the screen grab still looks like leather.

or for practical sake, we accept both?

Agree on one color.

Suede or leather...who cares??? Not everybody will get the EXACT same material. It's all up to cost and material availability.

Accept both.

Just have a very similar color!