shoes - white or tan?

I am going by the ref library we have in our own forums.

apologies abt the quality.

once blueray recaps are done, happy to review

I can see only abt 4-5 scenes where you see Kashyyyk troopers on the screen. Of which only about 2 have the boots in view

theres this pic - logged as screen captured on wookipedia - looks tan

SwampTrooper-ROTS_zpsb38914a2.jpg

screen caps I can get arent great - and clearly not have that real 3D quality to the above pic, but off the same scene

med_gallery_1_11_186987_zpse6182f7a.jpg

backshot - look at trooper at the far right; looks a dirty white

41stelite_zps2c0f1838.png

the "not so secret" 3D renders used for the movie - scattered through various sites and posts on here over the last few years. As best I can guess, there arent any repeats

to those who contributed - thanks for letting me use the pics. To the people whom I couldnt contact; lmk and I will remove the pic. Cheers.

ksh-trooper-04_zps12635456.jpg

ksh-trooper-04-Copy3_zpse187ecf9.jpg

ksh-trooper-04-Copy2_zps00a38349.jpg

kashyyktroopers7_zps00b356ec.jpg

ksh-trooper-05_zps2405a0ed.jpg

ksh-trooper-05-Copy4_zps38c36426.jpg

ksh-trooper-05-Copy5_zps8151913f.jpg

kashyyktroopers6_zps112e5341.jpg

agreed boss - as with all Clone costumes - LOTS of weathering is required

but like I said originally though; I know you are the DL so no offense intended, BUT its a CGI shot and very subject to interpretation, I would like to have more of the Troopers with a vested interest (ie gonna troop in it) have a say too if thats ok?

I will go by what my Clone brothers want.

But happy to have the CRL changed to white body with weathering HIGHLY recommended?

rofl no worries chilled - thats what we want; trooper willing to engage.

this isnt about me; I have always championed this costume cos I truly love it

I know what ever we agree on, it wont be for everyone. but at this moment in time, the more opinion the better.

what I would eventually like is for all of us to haev a uniform look. One of the impressive things you see with TKs in the sea of white. The uniformity. Florida Garrison recently did a shot with almost everyone following the WIP CRL - and it looked great. No insult to those before us, as they were the pioneers

of course there is 1 scene with tan, and 1 scene with kinda white from the movie.

then the 3 d renders which defo look white

That second pic just looks white because of lighting (in my opinion)

The boots look tan to me through an through, it would make more sense seeing as the base colour for nearly everything on the Kashyyyk Trooper is tan.

But if we are going to say white then I'd have to say an off white with hard weathering.

I have tan boots I wore on tour and they look nearly white from weathering and use.

Once I'm able to post pics again I will post the picks for everyone to see what I mean

I think that is constantly the problem in CGI costumes

1st pic is is actually a picture from wookipaedia which is labelled screen captured. Its a picture that has been brought up before and argued over before.

flavour of the type of arguments we used to have - http://forum.bikersc...?showtopic=6631

To date, I am not sure anyone has been able to reproduce the clarity of that picture from actual screen grabs. This may no longer be true with blue ray. If you look at the 1st 2 pics on post #1 - they are of the same scene. But the lighting is completely different, just use the sand to compare.

with reference to the 3rd picture in post #1 - you say it "looks" white cos of lighting - well, so we agree that is how it looks like on screen right?

so in summary:

(1) for the tan argument - we have a picture which is labelled screen captured but looks obviously different from actual screen caps from the DVD

(2) 1 picture from the screen caps which looks white from the back

(3) multiple 3D renders which all look white

I would agree DR "But if we are going to say white then I'd have to say an off white with hard weathering."

the old concensus (putting practicality aside) - Body of the boot is white, heavy weathering highly recommended (weathering with black and mud as appropriate)

Ok so here you go, these boots have seen some rough times and have some natural weathering.

They have a white-ish tan to them now... And that's what I was saying the 2nd picture looked like.

ACF5703F-A180-4D92-92ED-E2B164101CC6-442-00000028FD8D15D1_zps6172af21.jpg

BA231CD2-614C-4569-BD41-CF5F25772B85-442-00000028F251888B_zpsbd8eef66.jpg

609992D0-6C76-4B62-A48B-A45DFD9023DA-442-00000028F7FBD6EA_zps392d3a98.jpg

Don't mind my daughters princess stuff ;)

I like how you can find only one blurry screen shot, but multiple 3d renders... I thought the point of this was to make the CRL "Screen accurate" not 3d render accurate?

SwampTrooper-ROTS.jpg

One grab from the glimpses of them on screen, a few seconds later others are blasted off their feet, currently having a friend grab them too from a blu ray copy for us.

Please tell me you can see the difference between the WHITE straps, and the TAN boots?

I beleive the 3-D renders where put up as a "reference" not an official CRL.

Even I wanted to see these "secret" 3-D pictures.

END OF LINE

TB5994, is that picture a true screen grab?

I've not seen anything else with such quality.

It looks more like a 3d remake of a screen shot.

Can we find more like this?

I was gonna go on my computer later today and try to grab a few shots myself but I doubt I'll come up with that quality.

Here is the best one I can get that shows white straps, tan boots with tan soles, you can also (left arm of the KST on right) see the arm greebs are grey (it's blurry but you can still make out the colour)

C9D14523-50F4-463F-A197-7A4DFF4F1D8F-1055-000000D7EEF34B7F_zps2fb374e9.jpg

ok here becomes the nitty gritty of CGI analysis of screen grabs

If you are saying the straps are youre defination of white - the boots look a little darker on the picture on the right ie green circle

However, if you look at the pic on the left ie the red circle; then I'd say the back of the boot matches that of the straps ie white

f8ad8319-5698-43ca-b2a6-517b15826bb7_zps33bee20c.jpg

added to that - yes it may be lighting, but it still looks white on this pic from the back

971F2659-D909-4610-8B22-F04E5C86F914-1055-000000D7F77180DA_zps0a9f6498.jpg

tbh - I am happy to accept what the community decides as a concensus

like I said; we have argued this till the cows came home before. we came down on the side of dirty white. Or if you want tan - than a bleached tan.

Cos neither pure white or pure tan is correct based on screen grabs.

Of course only my opinion.

LoL, :( I was actualy looking at the left KST (red circled) when I made those comments.

But yes I agree the boots are not a strong solid tan.

I hope at least a few more people get a word in with their thoughts.

I mean what do we have 4-5 guys with opinions stared once if not twice already (I'm guilty of it myself)

I'm not looking to change anything but if we have a discussion about it I'll put my word in, let the community decide and then nobody should be complaining later... Hmm wait, isn't that what you guys did years ago Heat? ;)

Currently waiting on a friend grabbing 1 to 1 screen grabs from his blu ray.

Its a shame they didn't get the CRL right a year ago or we wouldn't be having this discussion "again"... lol

Your image your circling is inconsistent due to the clarity and the fact that one looks dirty white (at best) and the other, tan.

971F2659-D909-4610-8B22-F04E5C86F914-1055-000000D7F77180DA_zps0a9f6498.jpg

Trooper on the right, a closer picture, tan.

What we've yet to see, is a KT with actually white boots....

Given that they are camouflaged troopers, based on a homeworld that is jungle terrain, i'm struggling to find any logic as to why they would have white boots in the first place.... Given cost was not an issue for the costume makers due to cgi, and (to my knowledge) no military units, current or historical, wearing camouflage, were issued white boots to "blend in".

Currently, the cgi images we have are inconsistent at best, to the extent that the person that wrote the current crl is now questioning the CRL. What can we draw on for a conclusion?

pre production images show white.... without question

Screen grab in uber hi def, shows tan.... without question

Logic, cammo'ed soldier in jungle wearing white boots? More likely tan, or at least a colour that blends in with surroundings.

"Screen" accuracy is key here, what is seen on screen, analyzing blurred dvd grabs wont get us anywhere... dvd = 8gb, blu ray = 45gb.....

• Like 1

Its not a new.argument, it was always an argument. It was just the.consensus agreement made fir the discussions which began as.far back as 2009/2010 and only.concluding last year. you were not around then to participate in the discussions. So calling it wrong is a bit much. I accept u dont agree, which is fair enough. I also accept that there will be others who will.support. your view as there were.several people who did feel the same back then. The same goes for using the 3D renders. CRLs are a continuously evolving.

Its like ur dark greebs and missing tank detail. Easily mistaken. Easily changed and no biggie.

But hey, we are all here to learn and improve the costume. It's all good.

IM not questioning the white colour, I am merely accepting that others may not agree. The 3d renders are white. I am happy to accept they don't look completely white on blurry screen grabs. We proposed the off white colour was.due to weathering and shadow. So we went w 3d render, cos it was how the costume.was.supposed to look like. Look at at drivers, basic crl says white helmet, but the higher certification says grey ie the way the actual appears in real life, not it's on screen.colour - http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TA_AT-AT_driver

Also looking at the biker crl and wondering if we should take a page out of their book. The boot doesnt look completely white on screen. But it doesnt look completely tan either. What about accepting white (cos of 3d render) and light tan/off white/biege. (cos of screen grabs)

Biker scout cell (scroll down to the cummerbund) - http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TB_Scout_trooper

agreed kev, a light shade of tan. i would add off white. based on the screen grabs.

btw grey soles arent in the crl. not sure why the crow boots ended up having grey soles. nether the GM nor the CB boots have grey soles. Its been fed back to Gio. Glad to hear yours came through as well mate.

nate

I agree with Kevin.....the boots appear to be a light tan. This does not exclude the concept of having white boots; however, if one would go that route, weathering must be a necessity in order to show different tones. I also agree with Tony.....considering the main feature on the Kashyyyk armor is the camo pattern which definately is not white, why would there be white boots? No matter what world or universe you would be in, the reality is white would almost instantly be coated with some sort of mud, debris, or planetary material casting the appearance to a different shade of brown or tan. This also does not include the concept of any fighting which we all know from EPIII, the Kashyyyk did plenty of with the Wookies.

I was around when several debates took place. :huh: I watched and listened to the different views on this subject then and am doing again now. This was definately one of them. I studied the various film prints and high resolution pics which were available in 2010 when I constructed my costume. I still believe light tan is the way to go. B)

Just my 2 Galactic Credits.