The TK going TB

Picked up my package from MC yesterday. Its a really nice kit, and it better be, since I waited just about 23 weeks for this. Ordered on December 6th and yesterday was May 10th. Pretty long wait me thinks, but its awesome :D

This will likely be assembled at Nordic Garrisons event in LEGOland next month, as we want to show the public that we make theese costumes ourselves and put alot of work into them.

I wont be going lancer with this, although I will have most of the details for it. But I want to cover the ears with a mesh, so that rules out Lancer for me. But no biggie really :)

Pictures pictures pictures :D

The box

P5100002.jpg

Inside MC have done a really great job on the packaging. First there are alot of newspaper, and then each part is wrapped in foam.

P5100003.jpg

P5100004.jpg

Helmet is wrapped in bubble wrapping

P5100005.jpg

All the accesories with the helmet. The lens have to be bought seperately though.

P5100007.jpg

The two discs for the ear screws is made of resin and then painted. They where taped together and the paint made them stick real hard to each other, so when I finally managed to separate them, there came a big chip in them. But nothing sandpaper and paint wont fix

P5100009.jpg

All the parts

P5100011.jpg

And just for the fun of it, I had to dress up my TM suit with the TB helmet :D

P5100012.jpg

For comparison

P5100013.jpg

And the things I already had.

SA gloves

PA blaster

JD Greeblies

Cheap boots. I notmally use a size EU43 but for some reason theese ladies size EU41 fits me really well hehe

P5080001.jpg

Thats all for now.

I will go hunting fabric for all the soft parts.

• Like 1

That was the main reason I never went with mc..the wait. You'll find that should be a lot easier then putting togetjer a tk. At least.. I think it is.

Thanks everybody :)

Although, the TK will still be my primary suit ;)

The TB was mostly an impulse buy, I made for for fun, and, well, just because I had some extra cash :) Also why the wait didnt bother me that much :)

But yeah I think the assembly could be done in a matter of hours with this kit. The real trick would be getting all the soft parts done!

The helmet bugs me a bit though. If I put in the chin strap, the strap pulls the helmet forward, making it kinda falling down in the front. If I leave the chin strap out and just use my padding, it sits really well.

Although I'm not aiming for lancer, I would like to use the chinstrap. Any sugestions?

It all depends on the size of your head in comparison to your lid. I have a KS and a big noggin, and there is no way to wedge a chin strap/chin cup in there. The strap can be adjusted somewhat, but if you end up having problems vs. comfort, I'd say go without.

Btw, if anyone have some good templates for the soft parts, Cummerbund, pouches, vest, riding patches, even a jumpsuit, it would be much apreciated.

Think I have them covered already, but would be nice to see if you guys recomend what I already got ;)

Had to try a test fit today, just because I cant really wait to start assembly on this :D

P51400012.jpgP51400022.jpg

P5140004.jpgP51400032.jpg

Will have to adjust the chest and back plates, so they are sitting straight, before cutting the exess at the shoulders, but right now I'm covering up the hole MC made in the back plate for the tank, as its very poorly done and it makes the tank sit weird.

P5140010.jpg

Hehe yeah, but I really really have to hold back, if I am supposed to build this at our event next month... Will see if the EC think its any use to let people see me bend over a sewing machine.

After all they also have a clone to build, wich I think is more interesting for the audience :D

Cant help it. I cant sleep and that armour is just teasing me, tempting me, whispering in my ear "build me"

Think the problem with the front and back, is where the shoulders meet. The angle is wrong for my body, so I think I will try and heat bend it a bit more into shape, as I am happy with how the strap is sitting straight.

P5150002.jpgP51500012.jpg

Did the striping on the tank as well, and after staring at the blue-ray frame by frame and the 360 wiev of the TB I found out that there is a part in the middle of the tank, where the black stripe is double the width. Never noticed that before.

P51500013.jpgP51500022.jpg

I have sewn in both front of the webbing connecting the torso and back btw.

Will wait with the buckle until I have attached the tank.

Also fiddled a bit more with the belt setup.

P51500014.jpg

And then a funny thing happened. I was washing and sanding the resin parts, when I dropped one of the resin cap bottles for the TD ends, and it then looked like this :D

P5150001-1.jpg

Just throwing in the little progress I have as it comes.

There were no hollow snout piece with the MLC helmet, so hollowed out the one supplied and made some holes in the helmet. I want a speaker in there ;)

Also filed out the holes already in the helmet.

P51500015.jpg

Mine is a KS and did not require painting. I have seen some folks use white, high cover automotive paint, and I have also seen buckets done in Krylon gloss white. It all comes down to your preference and ability I suppose. :)

Thanks for the kind words folks :)

I have talked with the EC at the event, I was supposed to build this at, and a TB is not really that interesting to watch someone build. Especially not one from MC since its all cut out for you, and the rest is just sewing.

So I will just build away now :)

Had a little shopping spree in the hardware store today and picked up some items for this thing, and now i have made my blaster fit in the holster.

Its a very crude method...

P5170003.jpg

But it works really well :)

P5170004.jpg

Trying to get the belt right.

The mannequin aint really my size, but its better than nothing :)

P5170001.jpg

Does this seem like the right distance between the boxes and the belt?

P51700022.jpg

P51700032.jpg

And just for comparison and to show you how big the mannequin is.

The TK is on a duct tape mannequin I made so its the same size and me.

P51700042.jpg