German Kashyyyk trooper, the second

Dops99

nice the thigh pockets have been done as well mate!

the shift might be a small problem - the top buttons will show unless you hide them somehow?

gloves looking good too.

I hope you have had armour sorted. we are kind of in limbo at the moment, but rest assured there are plans in the works for new armour suppliers.

Nate

A few observations:

- the chest plate seems a little high and tight, are you able to extend the strapping over the shoulder to make it sit lower at the front?

- the toe caps seem to be riding high. Can you move those forward somewhat to sit over, and cover, the toe of the boot? the armour doesn't need to hide the front sole of the boot, just the exposed white leather. (see attached pic, below)

- one great suggestion I got from my GML to get approval was weathering the gloves (gauntlet section), which I did by lightly misting the vinyl with black spray paint.

My original gauntlet colour:

5624127908_8c1bac9c85_s.jpg

And after weathering:

5686363836_2d2ddc77d6.jpg

- the shoulder armour should sit higher on your shoulders, and appear to 'float' over your shoulders. This is my method for lifting and attaching them: (also see attached pic of Mr Bungle)

5798824585_585ff37e83.jpg

As I understand it, the shoulder bells should have no visible strapping. Mine sit perfectly with velcro inside the bell and on the shoulder. The bell is padded up with knee-pad foam, for the height. However this was as per build advice from Mr Bungle, and I notice this is not clear in the CRL. Also there are several very fine, approved CBs, who have the elastic strap on the bells. So it may be of no consequence.

- the 'bund has a pinkish hue where it should be grey, but that may be the lighting... To quote the (WIP) CRL: "* Cummerbund. - dark grey base, with lighter grey vertical straps"

A pic from Mr Bungle's original CRL & build thread, showing how the shoulder bells are placed and how the toe armour sits:

226.jpg

So a few suggestions for improvements. But looking mighty fine nonetheless :) I hope you are not offended or upset by my suggestions!

Hopefully some other CBs will offer their insights on any, if any, adjustments may be required.

"Almost there, almost there..." :D

The toe armor appears to be on the wrong feet. They are different for the left and right foot. Check it out and see if they would fit better on the opposite feet.

And Jimah is correct, slide the toe armor forward a bit. No part of the white of the boot should be showing.

And add some weathering to the armor and the gloves! ;) That's just waaaaay too clean! B)

Insgesamt sieht Ihr Kashyyyk Kavallerist sehr gut aus! Gut gemacht, mein Freund!

(I hope that translated properly.)

Looking great so far Thomas. I do have some suggestions if you would like to hear them.

I agree with Grumpy on the toe armor and the "clean" appearance. I would suggest toning down any and all of the white parts of your costume (boot straps, belt buckle, glove / knuckle padding, back side of boots). Misting either dark grey or black will help give a more weathered appearance. Also, your cumberbun appears to have a purplish tint (I don't know if it is the camera, lighting, or just the hugh as a result of dying it). Again, I suggest lightly misting a dark grey and or black onto the cumber bun. When I did mine, I had the same issue. I sparingly used spary paint which immediately did the trick.

agree with all comments so far

nothing that cant be fixed with some weathering.

straps - not covered by CRL as its one of these CGI vs real life issues. MB built his without, some troopers like it with. SO we have left it to individual discretion. An inconspicuous colour is recommended though, like black or left over dyed DPM.

2 further issues

(1) in addition to the bells, the biceps also have to be pulled upwards - small issue, easy fix.

(2) the colour scheme has one too many colours - yellow. This was thought to be in when Mr Bungles did his original build thread in 2009, but has since to discussed quite extensively and is no longer part of the colour scheme (even prior to the finalisation discussions regarding the colour scheme for the CRL submission as of this year).

Not long now trooper!

Nate

Hi Folks,

Thanks for your tips!

Ok:you are right because I look clean, I'm going to the weatheringthe gloves and the boot's.The caps of the shoes were just slipping (I can still make the kind of proof ?)

The shoulder armor then I fasten with Velcro tape

(- The'bund has a pinkish hue where it should be gray,but that may be the lighting ...)i twas the lighting

Today a lot of work comes up to me.....

• Like 1

Yes i made the DC 15 !!!

Sweet! Did you follow any templates or a tutorial from anywhere? I'm going to be starting mine pretty soon so any tips and pointers are appreciated. Danke! :)

Sweet! Did you follow any templates or a tutorial from anywhere? I'm going to be starting mine pretty soon so any tips and pointers are appreciated. Danke! :)

I've been working on a Pepakura file.

Material was:plastic pipe,hard foam, wood and a lot of glue.

I can gladly send the file as an email

Please! PM sent :)

Oooh! Can I please get it too? PM sent!

Thank you again for your tips.....

here I have rebuilt the shoulderarmor,the rubber band is gone.

Now I used velcro,

schulterglocke8.jpg

shoulderarmor now sits much more comfortably.

I hope it looks better now.......

schulterglocke4.jpg