Lonewolf Biker Scout Helmet, new version

My latest Biker Scout helmet is finally finished, the joint line is visible deliberately on this build. I think it looks more accurate.

The visor curve is reduced slightly, the nose a bit stumpier and a few other tweaks.

DSC_4476.jpg

DSC_4475.jpg

DSC_4484.jpg

DSC_4491.jpg

DSC_4492.jpg

DSC_4493.jpg

DSC_4488.jpg

Sorry I have none available.

• Like 5

You already know I love your stuff John, now please ease my pain and relieve me from my DP curse :)

= me wants!!!!!

Quick question - are the LW's as big as the Altmann's?

I have issue with my MLCv3 and my mystery recast as when I put the liner in (not a fan of foam), I bearly have room for me "giant HEED".

("Looks like an orange on a toothpick...")

If these are larger, now I would really be in the market to build one.

\m/

• Like 1

The MLc has issues due to the fact it is based on the DP which is quite smaller (youth size) though still a bit bigger than the DP at least outside.

Inside there is a problem due to the material strength.

Don't know of the mystery helmet?! Most fan based helmets are within the size of the DP as they are either inspired or casted from these.

I know an attempt to cast the DP deluxe (~25 produced/shipped) unfortunately failed due to the retreat of the helmet donor - I think that

fiber glas based helmet could have had the original size.

I only saw an altmans once but I think it is not much bigger than the DP but I'm not sure.

The LW helmet however should be of almost the same size like the original bucket as John crosschecked with his altered south-american helmet

and the tour bucket that came with the star wars in concert tour 2 years ago and we know from pictures that the 3M liner fits there.

I can just hope that this fine product is accessable for us at some point.

PS: Matt - maybe you can showcase your collection especially that mystery helmet recast in an own thread? I'm interested to see that.

PS: Matt - maybe you can showcase your collection especially that mystery helmet recast in an own thread? I'm interested to see that.

Hey there Philipp. thanks for the info. I plan to take and post pictures when my Altamnn's is picked up on Saturday as it is coming from Austrailia

(finally after all these years, I have found another).

I will take comparison pics of my MLCv3, the recast (which is slight different although I have also reworked it a great deal) and the Altmann's.

When I had an Altamnn's year ago, I had no issue fitting it on my head with the 3M liner. Plenty of wiggle room too.