My Altmans Helmet

ukscout

ukscout, so I would consider you as the father and MLC as the mother who gave birth on the MLCV1,2,3 :lol:

LOL, no just a star wars geek who likes scout troopers and wanted other fans of the scout to have a better helmet when trooping at events

Hey folks, I lost track of this post and just caught up...

(for a second upon seeing the eamil and the title, I thought that UKScout had a line on an Altmann's for me... Made my heart jump a beat....(much to my dismay)). ;)

ukscout - did you have MLC father the MLCv1 (or correct me if I am wrong - the MCv1 - as I am still trying to understand all the lids and their history).

I have what I think is a recast of the MCv1 (if that exsits) and my guess to this is that the visor top is slightly more lifted on the brow than my MLCv3 which goes almost straight across.

The bucket is slightly larger than the MLCv3 but not as large as what I remember my Altmann's being (marcel - you are correct about being able to throw it on over your head easier than the MLC lines).

Also, the big diff is that is was not molded wih room to add a chin strap - which is why I thought (and hoped it may have been cast from an Atlmann's...).

Anywho... I always thought that folks on the board did not think that the Altmann's Scout was film acurate to begin with so I figured it to be another one of Steve's "look at film pics and build accordingly" types of helmets - I still love it though :D ).

BTW - Are there MLC v1,2,3 comparisons out there? This would totally help me know which is which.

\m/

hi Matt

click on the below link, it will show you one of the first MLCv1 helmets in my collection - sadly not finished yet,

v2 and v3 where upgrades and tweaks that MLC did to the helmet over the years by giving it a more screen

used look.

Basically I asked MLC to make me a better helmet too troop in as I did not like my DP that I was using - then

other board members wanted the helmet. The MLC v1 was from damage DP helmet I sent too MLC which he tweaked

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.63443710973.84047.731015973&type=3&l=4f9684f544

Hey Neil, thanks for the info (also sent you a FB friend request). :)

OK so since we are on the topic, is the MC scout helmet the same as the MLC (whichever version)? I keep getting mixed feedback from this question and do not want to pound it into the ground by reposting to get the true answer ....

Also, I will take some pics of the resin recast I am working on when I get my camera back this weekend and post so you can see what I am referring to with the lack of a chin strap connetor that is hidden from view when the visor is down. (I think that the DP's are like this but never had one to know for sure)

I am reworking the visor so the top may not be as curved as it was when I first received it.

This may help with getting feedback for you and others as to its origin.

Also, the comparison shots of the SW in Concert helmet makes me yearn for my larger Altmann's lid even more... I dig the larger fit.

I kick myself every time I think about how I sold my darn Altmann's back in '05. :blink:

many thanks for the info and feedack Neil!

\m/