BluRay TB screen caps

chimei

hi...

i'm not sure if anyone can get clearer caps, but i just snapped some pics on my iphone. here are a couple things i heard about on the boards (so snapped them) and a couple questions:

TB-Tights.jpg

it looks like they simply put black tights on the dummy.

TB-Neckwear.jpg

this looks like a "softer" version of the TK neckwear...but i don't see it in any ROTJ screen caps.

TB-TDgreeblies.jpg

here are the greeblies on the TD...anyone know what it is? i saw someone post a pic of adm. akbar's rank pips...same thing in black?

TB-Kneestraps.jpg

multiple straps on the knee pads? the left has three, the right has two....just holding it together?

and of course, it's been said, the holster is on the left leg...????

I can help with this:

1. The suit is a body stocking which has nothing to do with the production suits. It's a filler as the only two suits the Archives has, one is on a maniquine used for exhibits, and the other is the prototype suit with tan suede patches.

2. The "neck seal" is not the Stormtrooper seal that we are all familiar with. Its a fire protective seal used during some stunts, and may have been used on the Hero trooper for effect, but that is unclear.

3. The greeblies on the TD are one of 2 versions used in the film. Version one is blank no greeblies, version two is what we all have (accurate?), and this is the version that went with the armor that has the red square to it. Possibly prototype, or a version not seen on screen as of yet. Now with Blu Ray perhaps it will show.

The holster on the opposite leg was done years ago, possibly for production, but that's not clear as of yet. We do know that the right boot shows signs of a holster being worn.

4. The knee plate straping may be original to the costume. The straps were replaced a long time ago, and the upper strap is to keep the knee plate in the up position. For the display?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest HexxenHammer

Cracking pics! Yeah, the neck ribs i've only ever seen in one shot of ROTJ. Where the camera is right in front of one of the scouts helmet whilst riding, probably just set up for the close up as there definately not in any other shot. :)

• 2 months later...

The closest thing to identifying this greeblie as the accurate one is from this screencap from the Blu-ray.... Everything is deep in shadow, but you can make out the single divit in between the two box areas of the greeblie. Looks like the Zip tie is very close to the greeblie in this particular thermal det too... This is the best lit screencap of the thermal det greeblie I have identified in the blu-ray. :(

screencap_1080_bikerscout_back_01.jpg

I told you already Jim , thank for believing me :lol: I tried to explain my "upside down" greebliee on my new build thread :ph34r:

I am still not sure there is a "correct" way, the Blu Ray Biker Scout costume may still be an untampered screen prop. Yes it could be restuck on wrongly, it isn't a major problem. There were also Biker Scouts without this greeb,and without any greeblies.

We can see clearly where something similar in size used to be stuck on the TD on one screen Biker Scout.

For absolute screen accuracy I think it should be a choice for the guys, with, without, only the round greebliee etc.

The Stormtrooper guys who crave screen accuracy have all sorts of personal preferences as to how they get the ultimate costume.

guys just wanted too point out that the image below from the film has been handed by Lucas..... the give away is the helmet - tube stripes and stripes on tank

did'nt want anyone getting confused if they handed the thermal det detail on some of the scout costumes.... lucas just handed the footage taken which he did quite a bit in all the films

screencap_1080_bikerscout_back_01.jpg

I was 99.9% sure of how it sit on the TD. Thanks for the post Jeff this to me is a possitve that the greeb sits like this and will be added to the Lancer and new Legion standard C.R.L

TD-pics007.jpg

Thank you very much, I was confused and it has already!!!!!

Leo

Here are the other 5 still shots of the Scout Costume as seen on the Blu-ray bonus disc.

I highly recommend everyone to buy these Blu-ray discs as soon as they can. Every Star Wars fans should have them, and it's a must for any Star Wars Costumer! There is just so much information in these Bonus Discs!!!!

rotj_bluray-00001.png

rotj_bluray-00002.png

rotj_bluray-00003.png

rotj_bluray-00005.png

rotj_bluray-00006.png