Costume Changes Due to Blu-Ray

Witness

Alrighty, now that someone has posted the Blu-Ray pictures, I have to talk about the knee pad and other things. I have had this discussion with John Donaldson (lonewolf) from UK about a month ago? I was holding off until the Blu-Ray was released, so here we go.

On the new disc we have:

TB-Kneestraps.jpg

Strapping as seen in the shot above is accurate. Let me explain why. What you see here is 2 straps on each knee. One in the place we see in all of the fan made armor and one at the top. If you look closely at existing pictures, you can see the other strap and how it is connected.

(From the MOM exhibit borrowed from Studio Creations website - Thanks Jeff!)

washko_035_scout_knee01.jpg

washko_019_holster04.jpg

These clearly show a rivet with a strap around the back of the knee on the MOM exhibit. Now... let's look at screen shots:

gallery_1_3_123421.jpg

If you look closely, you can see the rivet there. So, what do we have? A second strap with rivets that none of the makers do and we have yet to add to the CRL or Lancer specs.

Now, this week I am extremely busy on through the weekend. What I intend to do is get to work on changes to the CRL and Lancer specs over the next few weeks based upon changes noted in the Blu-Ray releases. If anyone has any hi-rez images captured that they can send me, please do so by email to tb3627@live.com and I will add them to a gallery. It looks like we will have to revisit the specs before Christmas. It should not be a problem getting them passed through Legion, it's just a matter of documenting. Changes will not be major, the knee is just an extra strap and rivet which can bee retrofitted to existing manufactured costumes.

Also, we finally know what the detonator greeble is:

TB-TDgreeblies.jpg

This detonator greeble can currently be sourced through the Rebel Legion. It I believe is used by Endor Troopers as a rank badge and on the Boushe costume belt. Perhaps MonCal will start making it since it makes the belt too.

Stay tuned, more info to come!

Dave

Thanks so much Witnes!!!!!!!!

My friend Cristian (He is member of The Rebel Legion - XO Argentina) is finishing its proyect Endor rebel soldier, and made ​​the board than you mentioned, I will get pictures of what he did, maybe this can help!! !!!!!!

Leo

Thanks so much Witnes!!!!!!!!

My friend Cristian (He is member of The Rebel Legion - XO Argentina) is finishing its proyect Endor rebel soldier, and made ​​the board than you mentioned, I will get pictures of what he did, maybe this can help!! !!!!!!

Leo

I would be interessed to see the board! definatly post some pictures up! ;)

Berry I really do not know, I must talk to him !!!!!

In the second picture, is not finished!!!!!!!!!!just in the firt pics ;)

I see, well if he would be reasoned to making a run of these, iam pretty sure people will buy these. I think this is the best looking so far, please keep us updated! ;)

Yes Berry, At the moment just I put the pictures to help !!!!!!! I need to talk with my friend Cristian and he tells me he wants to do!!!!!!!!

I will keep informed, Leo

Nice clear pics Dave, yes as most of us will agree, the Lancer standards should match with all the new details we discover about the original costume. I will definitely be upgrading to the latest requirements.

Yes Berry, At the moment just I put the pictures to help !!!!!!! I need to talk with my friend Cristian and he tells me he wants to do!!!!!!!!

I will keep informed, Leo

Thanks Leo. If these become available let us know. I'll be interested in one for sure. :ph34r:

Nice clear pics Dave, yes as most of us will agree, the Lancer standards should match with all the new details we discover about the original costume. I will definitely be upgrading to the latest requirements.

Ditto.

Defo the knee strap should be in the lancer requirments now I will be doing mine and the misses this week. I feel we should hold off for now having the TD greeble as a requirment untill we can source a good supplier for these and get them up in the trade section here. If guys then choose not to buy them then lancer will not be granted, simple mod that should be done now this grey area has become clearer.

• Like 1

I was planning on taking my pics for Lancer submission this weekend. Question is, should I hold off until the new CRLs are finalized or go ahead and make the needed changes later.

Can I suggest you wait mate, we have just lost Mike who over sees Lancer apps with Dave and myself, so we have to fill his shoes, and also give Dave time to tweak the crl and then go for it, but its upto you bro

This may seem like a silly question, but concerning the greeb that everyone's fawning over... has anyone checked that it actually fits on a TD?