CB BFG... just for fun.

Jimah

I wanted to tinker a little with a Nerf Recon/Longshot hybrid I made ages ago, and decided to turn it into a fun firearm for those non-canon troops when only a BFG will do.

6161767702_291bcace8e.jpg

6161229787_28a253f702.jpg

6161766404_13404785af.jpg

The original bi-pod was cut right back and flex shower cable was used to simulate springs in the bi-pod. Several 'greebs' were added around the gun to create detail (I massacred a pressurized water pump sprayer for the parts.) I also added a metal rod between the front of the stock and the rear of the handgrip... just because I could. :)

The lenses are covered in masking fluid and spray paint in these shots, but I replaced the lenses with the same green tint I used for the CB lense/visor.

The main body is a Nerf Longshot, with the barrel tip cut off. The end of the barrel is the front section of a Nerf Recon, which was shaped and trimmed to fit the front of the Longshot.

Total length is 118cm, and the weight is relatively negligible (about 2.5kgs).

As mentioned, this is definately a non-canon weapon and only intended for casual troops with the CB, but I thought you may enjoy a peek.

It was glued with dowel down the barrels to keep it aligned and prior to the enamel going on it shot no worries. The enamel may have gummed up some working parts (ie: the magazine release) but the cocking &firing actions still work ok. More made for the look though ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback, folks!

Just an update - I got some comparison shots of the BFG, with the CB on... I wanted to know if it worked with the kit, prior to trying it out at a convention.

6219064771_18b644b7ef_z.jpg

6219071809_b3599908db.jpg6219065873_a7f0af1a82.jpg

... At least the camo matched... :)