MLC Helmet WIP

• 2 weeks later...

My helmet from MLC took just over two weeks to get to me in California. It was just long enough for me to start freaking out that it got lost and would never show up. But it showed up and was SO worth the wait.

Still waiting to hear from them with a ship date. Probably looking at early January before I have anything in hand. I'm not freaking out...yet.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That lid looks great! Couple questions for you. How big did you drill through for the rivets and what length rivets are those? (1/8" size by the looks of it, but what length to make it through the helmet?) Thanks!

Where are the rivets?

• 1 month later...

That lid looks great! Couple questions for you. How big did you drill through for the rivets and what length rivets are those? (1/8" size by the looks of it, but what length to make it through the helmet?) Thanks!

Where are the rivets?

I do not have the rivet sizes off hand (at work) but Mardon sends set with his bolt covers (covers which look like the ones that MC provide as well)... And the rivets that Mardon send with his bucket kit are great. I cannot seem to find similar ones anywhere... Wish I had two more sets for two other Scout lid projects still in the works...

Not need to drill out the lid as the rivets tend to reach to bolt well enough in multiple lids.

\m/