2nd Generation Kashyyyk starting my build

Guest Havok

Guest Havok

Hey Swampers!

I will be working on a Kashyyyk Trooper soon. Actually my Dad will do most of the stuff. I'll just help.

I'm Alex, from the Ohio Garrison. My Dad is "Grumpy." (Oh joy! :angry: ) (That's what he looks like when he gets mad. Awww, who am I kidding? That's his happy face!)

He's already built a Kashyyyk for my Mom and a Junior Kashyyyk for my sister. And he's working on one for Tunnel Rat in Cincinnati.

Mine is slowly getting going. The pockets on the pants and shirt all removed. I have the thigh pouches done and sewn in place. I just need to dye them after my Dad finishes with the flap on the shirt, to hide the buttons.

I already have my helmet completed. Plus the gloves. (That wasn't hard.) I have all of the pouches for the cumberbund, including the two big back pouches.

I know where to get a set of boots that I can modify.

And then just wait for the "Big box 'o Armor goodies" to arrive, and then let the sanding and painting and gluing begin.

I know I have a long way to go, but I want to have it done by C VI.

In between going to my college classes, I'll try to get some troops in also. Right now, I just have my Shocktrooper. But sometime in the future, I'll be able to step into "The Swamp!"

Just wanted to say "Hello!"

B)

Welcome Alex! Any one of Grumpy's tribe is more than welcome here, of course ;)

Sure you know the drill, keep us posted with the build and yell out if you get stuck. Least you have Grandmaster Grump on hand to help out with the build :D

Hey Alex,

I know from personal experience you have the Kashyyyk Master builder there....I'm the one that has the armor that Grumpy is working on. Can't wait to see yours, we are going to have 5 Kashyyyk Troopers that are in Ohio and all look the same!

Well, we have the pants and shirt dyed. Riding patch is done, just have to sew it to the pants. Ugh! :angry:

No pics yet. Sorry.

• 4 months later...

It's been awhile. Haven't done anything. Here's the pics I didn't post until now.

Helmet

IMG_3650.jpg

Gloves

IMG_3647.jpg

Shirt

IMG_3645.jpg

Pants

IMG_3644.jpg

Pouches

IMG_3641.jpg

And it's funny that I was listed as a "Guest" in the first post. When the forum board style changed, everything went wacky.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the cummerbund done. Finally!! I was really dreading to make another. Kept putting it off. Arrrrrrrggghhh!! Done with it!!!!!!!

Not perfect, but it will do.

Without pouches

IMG_3662.jpg

With pouches just sitting on the cummerbund

IMG_3663.jpg

He's a lot skinnier than me, so I hope the big pouches will fit in between the two tall pouches on the back. :rolleyes:

I also found some boots for him.

Soft parts are complete.

Cheers!

Bah, humbug!! :angry:

• 4 months later...

Well, I have no idea what happened to the pictures from the other posts.

Not much has happened lately. Been busy with work and trying to get the gloves going again.

But, every now and then, I'll do a few things.

Here are some of them.

One of the first sets of gloves that I made. The experimental phase. (I still need to weather these!)

IMG_4302.jpg

Pouches

IMG_4301.jpg

Tank topper and bicep greeblies

IMG_4298.jpg

Helmet

IMG_4297.jpg

Knee armor

IMG_4296.jpg

Shoulder bells

IMG_4295.jpg

Boot / toe armor

IMG_4294.jpg

Cod piece

IMG_4293.jpg

Drop pouches. One with straps and d-rings and one without straps.

IMG_4292.jpg

That's about it for now.

Still have to assemble the biceps, shins, and the back piece / tank. :blink:

Those are actually snaps. The cod piece will snap to a belt that holds up the pants. Then the cummerbund and rubber belt just sit on top of the codpiece.

I did the same thing with mine and my wifes.

Those are actually snaps. The cod piece will snap to a belt that holds up the pants. Then the cummerbund and rubber belt just sit on top of the codpiece.

I did the same thing with mine and my wifes.

Nice idea

• 1 month later...

Okay, I did a little more work on Alex's Kashyyyk.

Added the rubber "O" pieces to the boot toppers.

Got the shins, biceps, and the back/ tank piece put together. They all need to have bondo and sanding done.

Chest piece is painted.

Elbows are painted.

Boots are modded and painted. One has the topper attached. Still have to attach the other one

Pouches and belt are done and attached to the cummerbund. Still have to add the buckle and drop pouches.

Have to make the straps for the chest and back connection. As well as the shoulder bells.

And the straps for the elbow pieces.

Whew!

Sorry no pics.

I stopped making the pouch sets to finish this. (Not sellimg as well as I had hoped.)

I forgot how much I had to do on it.

Plus, with Alex taking summer courses at college, it's hard for me to have him try stuff on for a fitting.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...