Starting my kashyyyk trooper

bigmac

Hello

My name is Justin AKA "Bigmac" and I am from Australia, Redback Garrison.

i have a few costumes Storm Trooper, Imperial Gunner, and the Witch King from Lord of the Rings. And have always wanted to do a Kashyyyk trooper since seeing the new movies. Just something a bit different.

I have started pretty slow considering compared with the other costumes i have done but slow and stead will hopefully win the race.

I have Already got a pair of Mr Grumpy's gloves an they are so Great.

and found at a local military store a top of British Army desert Pattern, now just have to hunt for the bottoms.

just waiting for Mr B to reopen his run on kits again, so right now it is just getting everything of the soft parts in order so when the time comes for the armour i will not have to wait for anything else.

Cheers Justin "Bigmac TK-7384"

Hey Bigmac!

Step on into the "SWAMP." Sit back, kick your feet up and enjoy.

Happy to have you here. Yeah, you have to find all of the puzzle pieces first.

But, no worries. It'll get done in a short time.

Cheers and welcome!

G'day mate, Fish here 'incognito'... oh Damn, damn, damn! :)

Good mob... no make that great mob in the Kashyyk HQ, ask a question and you will be swamped with help (Groan!)

Welcome aboard :D

Ok i found a place in Australia took about 3 days of searching the internet and phone books, but found a place in Western Australia that stock Bristish pattern shirts and pants.

here is the link

http://www.wellingtonsurplus.com.au/showPr...+Model+62-1006H

http://www.wellingtonsurplus.com.au/showPr...+Style+61-1006H

Also got my name, placed on the new armor run from MrBungle, Can't wait.

I have been talking to Jimah who is in Australia about these items and they seem like a great find.

here is also some boots that i was looking at and Jimah says looks pretty good with not much work on them.

EB0103.jpg

If i can get your comments that would great.

Cheers Justin.

I suggested that Justin can Dremel out the grey tabbed areas on the sole, and then paint the soles tan. They seem to be close to a Kenneth Cole from the look...

But I am starting to think as I type this, that it may be worth holding off for a pair of Crow's boots when they go into production, as they will probably be a little less expensive, and will need no work (I believe) once you get them.

http://forum.bikerscout.net/index.php?show...c=7900&st=0

Ok now for a update

the shirt and pants are in the mail to me.

the cummerbund has been order.

still trying to find boots at a cheap price before cutting them up.

and just sent payment for the armour. can't wait i will be a happy little kid in a candy store when it finally comes on the door step.

and now just found out there is another person in my garrison who is getting a full armour kit at the same time, so it will probably be double trouble in Queensland when we both get our kits up and running.

• 5 months later...

hey guys

i know its been awhile but we finally started work on our kashyyyk troopers both me and Nathan "Natwest"

here is some of the photos.

http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg306/870232/kashyyyk%20trooper/?action=view&current=DSC_0277.jpg

and also after a bit of sanding, still alot more to go.

http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg306/870232/kashyyyk%20trooper/?action=view&current=DSC_0282.jpg

this is now starting to pick up some steam and in the next couple of months both of us and going to try and get these done.

cheers Bigmac.

Looks good Justin.

Good to see you back on the boards.

Almost there....

i have a very big question right now as myself and my friend nathan are working on these helmets.

Do you cut out the ears on the side of the helmets, and then mesh them and paint inside black?

and

can i use camo cloth on the ammo pouches even if it is not the correct pattern colour as the armour.

cheers bigmac.

Yeah, you want to cut out the ear vents. And then add the mesh screen after you paint the helmet.

Here's a couple of pictures of Tunnel Rat's helmet, that I worked on.

In base color:

IMG_2210.jpg

And with paint, before adding the mesh screens:

IMG_2297.jpg

IMG_2298.jpg

And yep, I painted the inside of the helmet black. It seems to help give a dark appearance inside the helmet.

And for the pouches, the camo cloth can be used. MrBungle has camo cloth on his pouches, so he says it's okay.

Just add some black and white spray paint to it to give it the battle-worn look.

Not all of the pouches will look the same. Use the misting effect to give them some good weathering.

Hope this helps with your build.

Cheers!

(1) ears - yep; thats what I did with mine

(2) ammo pouches - the high res pics actually show a different camo pattern, and they ARE cloth covered. What most of us use is standard multi-cam pattern, misted with grey white and black. NOT definately required, but I highly recommend you go down this route. Some older cleared kashyyyks have just the same pattern painted on boxes. Once we figure out the CRL, I am sure this will be phased out

Nate

• 7 months later...

Hello guys and girls

Just starting back on this now considering it has been probably been 6 months since i did anything.

So now i have got the thigh pockets here are the pictures, what do you think

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg306/870232/kashyyyk%20trooper/DSC01128.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg306/870232/kashyyyk%20trooper/DSC01126.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg306/870232/kashyyyk%20trooper/DSC01127.jpg

just starting to get back and sort things out and see where im out with the armour.

Cheers Bigmac.

ha the though of getting lost, is so funny. But looking at the photos from CV6 from Major Payne it has got my backside in gear.

well a status report is that my friend who bought a MrB kit with me has now sold his kit too someone else, so as such i have now gotten back on track. The pants where one of the biggest hurdles as i don't know anything about needle and thread. But lucky for me across the road from where i work a small new business opened up which you can guess is a dress maker, She had too undo the whole inside leg seem just to get access to where the pockets had too go. Plus with the extra material i gave her which included 1 XL older British BDU shirt from a disposal store just up the road from me.

now next step is too get dye and start that process, which 1 or 2 people in the local garrison can help me with, then moving on to the armour itself.

which remind me, a big thank you to you Mr Grumpy as your ammo pouches are so great words can't really express how wonderful they are, plus to add your gloves that you use too make.

cheers Bigmac.