Gloves, gloves, gloves...Kashyyyk, that is.

Grumpy

Hmm.. I think I'm just going to go for it myself. Thanks to Grumpy for all the information on here I can use to make my own set. I'll be making a mold to cast the glove greebs too. I just can't justify spending 60 bucks on only the greeblies. But who knows.. I might do a terrible job with them and wish I had paid for them. LOL .. I might be kicking myself later!

aIMG_0147_zpsa706ee5d.jpg

Yeah I made a mold and casted the greebs. Still needs to have a bit of weathering done to it. The color tinting for the exact color match is coming along. I made mine out of dragon skin, but I would suggest using something a little cheaper. For the dragon skin you can expect to pay about $20-$25 in Material (for part A & B). I would check out the Smoothon website for some good alternatives. I am making molds for the bicep and knee straps so I can mold them in Grey color as well. Tired of the paint rubbing off so easy. not a pro working with the clay so there is a pretty big learning curve.

I'd sure like to see pictures of those gauntlet greeblies, Comm Tech.

Glove Greeb Mold

b77eff8f-6016-414c-9968-1620e4815a0f_zps8e1a5140.jpg

Still trying to get the color right, but the lighting really does play a number on these little things. This is the second pull I did

IMG_0163_zps6441cc20.jpg

Mold for the Arm Bands, I made my mold a little thicker than what came with the BC kit, but I wanted to make sure it was strong enough. Looks ok at first, but then....

IMG_0161_zps79d07e9a.jpg

This is why I learn the hard way,,,,Use clay as a material to mold off of, not wood. Didn't even think about when I made it, but wood swells when wet. LOL oh well know better next time.

IMG_0162_zps950a4105.jpg

Cool. At one point, I did have the masters for the greeblie, but I have passed them around. (Literally...they have been to Germany, and Canada.) They are now in California, with BC's husband. I told them to make some to include with future Kashyyyk Trooper armor sets. Haven't heard back from them lately, though.

• 1 month later...

Cool. At one point, I did have the masters for the greeblie, but I have passed them around. (Literally...they have been to Germany, and Canada.) They are now in California, with BC's husband. I told them to make some to include with future Kashyyyk Trooper armor sets. Haven't heard back from them lately, though.

Hope they come with the set, Im on the list for the next BC batch.

• 4 months later...

I quit. I quit. I quit.

I finished two sets of gloves today. It took me forever.

I don't know what's happened.

I've been a wee bit off my game lately....or off my rocker.

I've gone through quite a few spools of thread, about 8 sewing machine needles, and a few burnt fingers. (Longer story.)

I'm a bit of a perfectionist with these things. I've changed them a bit from when I first started making them.

This last bunch, I had to take one set completely apart after making them, because I wasn't satisfied.

It's not like if they would be for me.

I'm making them for someone else to wear, and I just can't let someone have a bad product.

So, I guess I just need to take an even longer break than the last time.

These gloves are just so dang frustrating.

END OF LINE.

I quit. I quit. I quit.

I finished two sets of gloves today. It took me forever.

I don't know what's happened.

I've been a wee bit off my game lately....or off my rocker.

I've gone through quite a few spools of thread, about 8 sewing machine needles, and a few burnt fingers. (Longer story.)

I'm a bit of a perfectionist with these things. I've changed them a bit from when I first started making them.

This last bunch, I had to take one set completely apart after making them, because I wasn't satisfied.

It's not like if they would be for me.

I'm making them for someone else to wear, and I just can't let someone have a bad product.

So, I guess I just need to take an even longer break than the last time.

These gloves are just so dang frustrating.

END OF LINE.

I think it truly goes without saying that we appreciate all you've done for this group, not just in the items you've made but the advise you've given in building.

So for me, and others, I say thank you.

And don't take too much of a break, we're a quickly growing group that needs your sewing skills.

I look forward to finishing my Kashyyyk and trooping in it soon (I love my TK but am really looking forward to wearing this one) and know I wouldn't be were I was with it so far without your help.

• 3 years later...

Does any1 have photo's that they can share that will show up on these fourms? I looked and most of the photo's aren't showing up so it's hard to know what to use for the gloves or anything for the kashyyyk suit, sorry not trying to be a pain in the butt, but don't help when you can't see photo's of anything.

• Like 1

Does any1 have photo's that they can share that will show up on these fourms? I looked and most of the photo's aren't showing up so it's hard to know what to use for the gloves or anything for the kashyyyk suit, sorry not trying to be a pain in the butt, but don't help when you can't see photo's of anything.

At this point its just easier for me to share the link for all the pics I took from my build, hope it helps you bro: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4lw2c1jv4tvlql0/AABrIg--y4Qrwp3PGEMw7deUa?dl=0

• Like 1