KT build underway

Kylar

I have finally gotten started in earnest with my KT build after months of building up the funds and materials.

I'll post up pictures soon, but the goal is to have this thing approved no later than the end of February. With a little luck it will happen. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the long delays in updates. I'm trying to get my camera working right now so I can upload my preliminary photos. Everything is coming together and it looks like if everything goes right I should be debuting this costume Feb 20th.

Sorry for the long delays in updates. I'm trying to get my camera working right now so I can upload my preliminary photos. Everything is coming together and it looks like if everything goes right I should be debuting this costume Feb 20th.

Pics we need PICS !!!!

• 3 months later...

Alright, so here is the current state of my KT build (sorry for no updates, I have been quite busy). All major parts are done or being finished. I am down to Greebs and a little sewing work with the rider's crotch and the Thigh pockets.

Here are a few pics taken from a little fun (non-cannon) outing I had:

246938_10150616814245521_718595520_18370220_3251023_n.jpg?t=1306016219

248778_10150616815850521_718595520_18370247_2929606_n-1.jpg?t=1306016393

228114_10150616811930521_718595520_18370184_2070301_n-1.jpg?t=1306016506

There is still a bit of work do be done but I'm in the home stretch. The goal is for Play-On-Con in late July in Birmingham so I can Join MrBungle officially at a troop.

Coming along very nicely! Trooping with Mr B? Nice to see we are starting to get more than one CB @ troops (as per The Original Kashyyk Couple) :)

9 more completed CB's and we can overtake Galactic Marines on the official 501st Ladder...

Thanks! I am almost done with all my waist boxes and I'm in the process of attaching my thigh boxes. I also started on the shin greebs (I just need more Belt material). In all honesty I can have everything except the rider's crop and my own set of gloves done by the end of this weekend. I've been spending an hour a night working on it and I have to say it is coming together really well.

I also have a new way to cheaply and easily make belt boxes that takes no time at all. I'll post that little project in soft armor here soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright after an excellent day of bringing my Kt up to snuff with MrBungle, I will be taking in submitting photos for approval in the next week. I will post them here as well. We are at the finish line :D

Outstanding I bet it feels great getting close to the finish line . I have a couple of lose ends and my cumberbund should arrive next week :D almost there .

Update: My undersuit has been redyed to be darker, My shoes have been redone, and my own pair of gloves are going to be finished by this weekend for my first official troop. I'll post pics here as soon as I have them :lol:

Good luck on approval - we have a real rush on CB's at the moment :)

One tip - small adjustment maybe - is that the shoulder armour should appear to be higher than the shoulders, rather than sitting flush on your shoulders.

greetroops2ev.jpg

If you can raise them up a tad it will help the overall look and also make your chest armour seem to sit lower on your body.

Also, do you have any spare dyed fabric? Just looking at your first pic I can see a button over the chest plate, and a slight gap at your collar. Don't mean to take away from a great job, just a few suggestions for tweaks ;) I used one of the pockets from the shirt to create a flap at the neck, that velcros shut over the buttons when worn.

That said, looks great, good work trooper!

The shoulders is literally just a matter of attaching it a bit higher next time. Easy stuff.

Unfortunately that is at low as the chest piece will sit. My arms just aren't as big as my deltoids so it looks like it is sitting high but it is resting firmly on my neck. Guess I need to do extra sets to let those catch up when I exercise. :lol:

Oh the button showed. I do actually have those covered so my fabric must have gotten moved. I'll fix it so it can't move. (notice you can't see in the front on pic).

Thanks for the tips man.

Most welcome... Sounds like you have all the bases covered :) Looking forward to your approval!

And I should add that it isn't that your chest armour is sitting too high, rather that with the shoulder bells flush on your shoulder it emphasizes the height of the chest armour shoulder straps. ;) Be that same for any trooper, so it is not just you!

Didn't...... tuck.... in....your..... shirt! TSK TSK! B)

Also, are your drop pouches attached with boot laces? I would snag some correct colored leather strapping and re-do those. In fact, I have some spare material if you want to drop me some $$ for postage and I can get you some. Otherwise, looks good.

Oh... I thought you mean undershirt. I guess I'll have to start tucking it all in ^_^.

I've gone back and re did the couple of things suggested. Thanks for the constructive crit guys.

Outstanding! Welcome to the Kashyyk club, don't forget to wipe your feet on the way in ;)

Do not wipe your feet! :P This is THE SWAMP!! Get them dirtier!!

Congratulations and "blend in." :rolleyes:

Okay, who's next?? Do I hear 15??

Do not wipe your feet! :P This is THE SWAMP!! Get them dirtier!!

Congratulations and "blend in." :rolleyes:

Okay, who's next?? Do I hear 15??

Oh Grumpy...just waiting for that call to come to do a fitting and pictures for the blessing then we will have 15 in the ranks. Have some adjusting on the front pouches and riding patch then soft armor is DONE!!!!! :D