Cummberbund, Belt, & Hip boxes Attachment

This is what I did with the Cummberbund, Belt, & hip boxes! This is what worked for me. Especially at SWW the heat was blistering and a lot of costumes have mishaps. This item held up really well throughout the heat. Which was one of my main concerns. The Belt is one Mr. Bungle made. MB molded his with a lip to go under the Cummberbund and I had some concerns with this as I did not what the thread and the seams near the bottom of the cummberbund to rest on the belt...this pic is the bottom of the cummberbund. Look at the seams and imagine the cummberbund resting against the belt. The seams would show now matter how large or small the seam would be from the edge of the cunmmberbund. Nothing against MB as he is doing an Awesome Job. I just wanted a clean look with no seams.

Disregard the snaps as they were removed!

Picture002.jpg

So I decided to cut off the Lip that was attached to the belt and added sticky velcro to the back of the Belt and added velcro to the cummberbund.

Picture006.jpg

Here are all three attached. Remember the ref pics show all vertical lines appear to go behind the belt, not stop when they

meet the belt.

Picture002.jpg

The belt Buckle is as wide as the belt. I don't think it is wider/taller than the belt. I used Advanced Super Glue to attach

the Buckle to the Belt. I have not tried any other adhesive since this work very well for me.

Look at how I looped the leather and they are free moving. Again I used Advance Super Glue to attach the leather together.

I have not tried Goop.

Picture003.jpg

Here is the end of the outside leather piece. I attached a small piece of velcro to the leather which is then attached to the velcro on the belt. You can also attach the velcro to the both sides of the leather for additional security!

Picture007.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Leather is secure with the small piece of velcro in-between the Belt and CB.

Picture001.jpg

Here is the leather I purchase From Micheal's. It come with two different colors and the leather left on the card board is

what I did not use. So you will have to purchase two packages. The TLF in my area did not even carry this item!

Picture008.jpg

And here they are all assembled! Also look closely at the leather connection to and from the boxes...they are D'rings!

Picture005.jpg

Ref Pic

BARCTrooperscan.jpg

Kashyyk_Trooper_04-1-1.jpg

My Kashyyyk pic.

Picture009-1.jpg

• Like 1

nice lookin crotch there angelo!

wow - very nice work to MB and LS; looks like its really gettin there with the look of the KST.

liking the colour more on ur boxes than on the armor mate - no offense

nice lookin crotch there angelo!

wow - very nice work to MB and LS; looks like its really gettin there with the look of the KST.

liking the colour more on ur boxes than on the armor mate - no offense

...Once I get some $$ then I will have to get a set from MB and color it the correct way!

• 4 months later...

Velcro....their is a piece of Velcro attached to the inside of the cummberbund and at the top of the cod piece their is a lip were velco is attached also. I had glued the velcro on the cod piece...I'll post pics tonight for a better understanding!

Here are some pics with the Velcro....Cob cummberbund attachment. You can see Velco near the bottom of the cod piece

which is attaches to my pants, this way the cod is not moving around. Works great for me!

Picture002-1.jpg

Picture003-1.jpg

Picture004-1.jpg

Picture005-1.jpg

Picture006-1.jpg