Kashyyyk Cummerbund

This Cummerbund is similar to the scouts. My seamstress and I took my scouts cummerbund and got the basic dimensions from it. If you don't have a cummerbund measure around your waist, around your chest, and from your waist to your chest.

Items needed:

White Cotton Fabric

Non-Rolled Elastic 1 1/2" ( make sure its from the same box)

Velcro 1/2" & 2"

A seperating zipper (sports zipper w/ the large teeth).

Snaps

Garrison Belt about 2" ( the belt I used is 1" b/c of my small stature)

These are my measurements so adjust to your size!

Lining:

12' wide; length to fit = 1"(at the bottom so I could add snaps to attach the belt)

Lining: 13" wide (1/2 seam) Length to fit person + 1" , 1/2 seam one each end!

Picture005.jpg

Outside:

Cloth strip: 13" long (1/2" seam at each end) & 2" 1/2 wide (1/4 seam on each side).

Elastic: 12" long & 1" 1/2 wide (1/4 seam on each side)

Number of cloth and elastic strips needed depends on the length!

Finished strip size:

C - E - C - E

---------------

2" 1" 2" 1" etc....

Cloth(2) Elastic (1)

Picture008.jpg

Picture001.jpg

The Black pieces are black velcro

Picture002.jpg

The zipper is a regular seperating zipper and kinks up, so this is were the sport/plastic

zipper comes in.

Picture004.jpg

Make sure the elastic is from the same roll. As you can see the last two strips of elastic were off white and they

did not dye correctly.

Picture006.jpg

• 8 months later...
Guest Skupilkinson

Nice work Angelo. :) Has anyone drawn up a pattern for the cumberbund though?? I'm handy enough with a sewing machine to make one but a pattern would make it so much simpler?

Nice work Angelo. :) Has anyone drawn up a pattern for the cumberbund though?? I'm handy enough with a sewing machine to make one but a pattern would make it so much simpler?

No! I don't have a patterns drawn up but if you follow this in the first pic, this is how my seamstress did it. The zipper/velco area is the same as the Biker Scout cumberbund.

C - E - C - E

---------------

2" 1" 2" 1" etc....

Cloth(2) Elastic (1)

The KST cummerbund will wrap around you and be as high as your chest and as low as your waist and it will be sized to fit each Individual. I spoke to my seamstress who made mine and as long as you keep the cloth, elastic going till it fits and add the ends with the vleco/zipper remembering they over lap like the scout's. Also the top and bottom are covered by 1/2 inch material to cover the ends of the elastic and cloth.

• 9 months later...

would it be possible to add a picture of the zipper and velcro connection without it being on a person. and have the belt attached as well. im saving up for my armor and going to start on the cummer in the meantime. Or a link to a spot that has this would help as well. thank you.

I Dont't have a pic but Materialgirl may as my attachment is exactly like the scouts cummerbund. You really don't need the zipper just the velco holds it just fine. I don't even use my zipper. Veiw the first pic as the velco on the right is not visible but under the cummerbund.

Picture002-2.jpg

Picture003-2.jpg

Picture004-2.jpg