DC-15L or this clone's new toy!

mrbungle

• 2 months later...
Guest Welshlad

Dude that is an awesome gun. I was only slightly interested in getting a costume when I came on but the quality of the stuff you guys have makes me go "I want one!!"

Oooh also is thats a Rifts Rpg book on the bottom shelf?

I've got a question for ya, about your rifle there...

How thick is that shoulder stock? Not length or width, the thickness, the "Z" dimension. My plans say it's almost 2 inches at it's widest part... but that seems too thick.

DC15LSTOCK.jpg

What do you think?

You will find me, eventually at the Bettie Ford Clinic in the Model maker's ward to get over my addiction.

So let's see... my jig saw is in for repairs and the blades for my band saw are on back order. My planar is out on loan to a friend who's building something really cool... so the Acrylikhan Biker Scout Project is officially on hold for a while. I need to fill that empty void with another project. So, thanks to Mr. Bungle... I have found something to pass the time! Time to build a DC-15L!

rifle1.jpg

I am hoping to build the rifle so that it can be broken down into three parts for easy transport/storage, and easy assembly for events. But it also has to be sturdy! This is pictures from the first day of building.

rifle2.jpg

The front barrel construction is completely PVC pipe, and PVC sheets. I used teh table saw to cut the groves, and cemented together.

rifle3.jpg

The barrel and muzzle are two separate parts. I turned a fitting for the inside of the PVC pipe. The muzzle is a separate piece altogether. I am hoping to use a long thread rod to attach the whole thing together. The muzzle will be a separate piece keyed into position by a couple of dowel pins, and then held in place by rare earth magnets. I will be making a colored plug for the gun that will fit into the muzzle barrel. Illinois law requires that all non functioning, toy, paint ball, Airsoft guns have a brightly colored barrel plug, or face a fine and confiscation of the gun. I will be making a special plug that will be held in place by a magnet that will insert into the muzzle, but can be removed for display and pictures.

rifle4.jpg

I turned a portion of the the fixture for the mid section. It's out of a very dense urethane, that has some great tensile properties. The bad part is that there are a number of these holes that need to be filled for aesthetic effects. Bondo should make light of the situation.

• 7 months later...
Guest Skupilkinson

I know it's been a while but how did your build go Frank? I love the long DC-15 so would like to build my own if I can't aquire one. It'd be great to follow how you did yours?

Guest Skupilkinson
Actually, the build is going quite quite well! I am in the middle of bondoing, patching seams and construction lines, and mistakes.

plastic1.jpg

plastic2.jpg

dc15lb.jpg

After the new year I should be ready for paint.

Awesome! So after paint is when you send it to me right?? LOL!

• 1 year later...