Kashyyyk Trooper

OK here's some really good pictures of all the pouches on the kashyyyk trooper, but I cant say where I got them or who gave them to. Plus I cant post the whole pictures.

kashyyyktrooperbackpouches.jpg

kashyyyktrooperlegpouches.jpg

kashyyyktrooperpouches.jpg

kashyyyktroopersidepouches.jpg

• 3 months later...
Guest clonetroop-PTY

can you get also the boots and knees? i am working on a galactic marine, look at photobucket for galactic marine.

there i have some pics of the boots and helmet.

cjcr12@hotmail.com

arte@decolage.com

I am getting ammo and medic pouches from my nephew who is a paratrooper. Nice thing about being a Staff Sargent is that he makes the rules for the barraks, and that all the unwanted goods are brought to his office. The ammo pouches aren't going home with mustering troopers. They just don;t want them... weird, being that some of them are nice.

He's going to get a few in desert and coyote colors. The sizes are very close to the ones in the pictures.

You can get used ammo pouches and other various pouches at any sort of military surplus store. Being that the character's costume is CG, you won't be able to find the exact thing, but you'll be able to get pretty close since its likely that the CG pouches were spawned from some sort of military pouch.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

soz abt resurrecting an old thread:

was lookin at this thread and DaVe's thread which identified 14 pouches with eye-balled measurements given as this :

Front Pouches(4):

2 smaller on top - 2" tall by 3" wide by 1" thick

2 larger on bottom - 5-6" tall by 3-4" wide by 1.5-2.5" thick

Side Pouches(4):

2 smaller on top - 2" tall by 3" wide by 2" thick

2 larger on bottom - 3-4" tall by 3-4" wide by 1.5-2.5" thick

Back Pouches(4):

Kidney - 6-8" tall by 3-4" wide by 2-2.5" thick

Lower spine - 5" tall by 6-7" wide by .5" thick (thick envelope style)

Belt Boxes(2) - Tapered box 4-5" top /3" bottom wide by 4-5" tall by 1" thick. Appear to be attached to thighs, not free floating.

arent there 4 side pouches per side (ie a total of 18 rather than the total of 14 suggested by DaVe?) - see the 4th pic in post #1?

also - whilst lookin at the measurements; they would match the pouches in picture #1 and #3, but not the ones in pic #4 (they look taller here).

I suggest an update of pouch number to 18 and using DaVes original eye-ball measurements?

Reason I was bringing this up Tom - was that looking at ur pouch mock-up in ur version I; you've got the correct number, but ur side pouches are the taller verion seen in pic#4 rather than the squat version as suggested by DaVe's measurements.

wot do u think boss?

I reckon the front and back pouches are the same, making that 4 that size and shape. They do look different but if you look closer they appear to be about the same distance down from the top in relation to the 4 (8) side grenade pouches. Just my 2 cents.

• 2 weeks later...

OK Guys. I got onto a friends computer and used an autocad program for the first time. I drew up some rough images of what the pouches look like to me with guesstimate measurements. I based the rough size on me and how the pouches would look on me in relation to the Image supplied. I am 177cm tall and 87kg so that should give you an idea of my build. All measurements are in mm (metric). My maths sucks so I didn't convert it. I also worked out the measurements between each pouch but I will update that later.

BARCTroopershowinglegpouches.jpg

KSTFRONTPOUCHES.jpg

KSTSIDEPOUCHES.jpg

KSTSPINEDROP.jpg

Again I am no pro but this is just a rough draft for me to work off. I hope it helps.

Type in "Inches to centimeters" in any search engine, and you'll get the an automated were you an plug in teh centimeter measurements and will spit out an inch result.

Rogue: Well done! Pretty much spot on with most military pouches.

Hey guys, I had a go at the conversion. I grew up with the metric system so I did the best I could. Measurements may be a couple of mm out. I didn't do all the measurements on every drawing but if it is not on one drawing the same measurement is bound to be on another drawing. Like I said beforehand, its not gospel but it is what works for me on my frame. Just do what works for you.

KSTFRONTIMP.jpg

KSTSIDEIMP.jpg

KSTSPINEDROPIMP.jpg

Cheers.

Guest Vodika

That looks indeed spot on.

Maybe stupid newbie question: In what material are the most of you guys gonna build it? Bearing in mind that it has to be painted in camo.

PS: I'm reading, learning as fast i can... :rolleyes:

I was planning to use the same material as the vest, just reinforcing the pouches with thin plastic that can be sewn through. That will give the pouches shape, strength and functionability. In regards to painting I was planning to use my airbrush as it has the precision for the correct pattern and I know for a fact the color will not come out, as past experiance has shown me.

OK Troopers, here is my updated template of the vest and pouches for those that want to use it. The measurements are in metric, so you will have to convert it yourself. My guy who is doing it for me needs it in metric and I like it because I can bee more precise. The size is to fit me. My chest measurement is the same as the belt Mr Bungle has done so it works perfect for me. If you want to use it feel free to do so. All you will need to do is adjust some of the measurements. I based the chest armor to waist measurement off my TB. It can be adjusted after my armor arrives. I have also allowed a 20mm / 4/5 in to go up under the chest armor and I also added shoulder straps. You will be able to see how the velcro placement on the vest and the pouches lines up for correct overhang and spacing (again a guesstimate). It should be pretty easy to figure out. Any questions feel free to fire away. I also apoligise as some of the lines on the pouches didn't scan in too well.

The legend is:

Red - velcro placement

Red broken - velcro on inside

Pale green - vertical straps

Black broken - stiching across the vest

I have a 100mm section across the spine with velcre to close the vest at the back and a 30mm strip of velcro all the way around for the belt attachment. Sorry about it being broken up into 4 parts but that was the smallest I could get it without losing detail.

KSTCHESTRIGA.jpg

KSTCHESTRIGB.jpg

KSTCHESTRIGC.jpg

KSTCHESTRIGD.jpg

The pouches.

KSTAPOUCH.jpg

KSTBPOUCH.jpg

KSTCDPOUCH.jpg

KSTEPOUCH.jpg

KSTDROPBOXES.jpg

I hope this helps. This is what I am working with unless something better comes along. If anyone has any suggestions please pipe up.

I did a mock up with styrafoam and it looked pretty good. I drew a vest full scale in chalk on the garage floor and used fullscale styrafoam for the pouches. I was happy with it. But still, nothing is set in stone. That would be too heavy to troop in.

Guest Vodika

Thanks for sharing bro'.

BTW, Where you from since you use 'mm'. I'm from Belgium so i know what you talking about. ;)