Dez's ROTJ Scout WIP

Hello!!   Starting off my WIP

Chefs Creations full Armour will be delivered on Monday

Already have gloves from Wampa Wear and balaclavas that were recommended on other posts 

PXL_20240208_103900118.thumb.jpg.c555750712dbb15be85792b008836d0c.jpg

• Like 1

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing your build unfold. Regarding your gloves, don’t forget to remove the clips on the side . Hit us up with any questions.

• Thanks 1

BBB arrived this morning 😀

Tried on the flight suit and unfortunately it'll need to be altered as the crotch and thigh straps are too low. Straps are over my knees. I've emailed Chefs to arrange getting it adjusted. I know an excellent dressmaker but am a bit worried to pass something like this over to her 

This is the first rough suit up to make sure I knew where everything goes!! Struggled with the shoulders as the velcro/cable tie kept separating from the armour. Still to attach the pouches.

I'm also having difficulty with the gap between the chest armour and the bund, I get it ok but it slips down easily, maybe just needs velcro running the whole width?

Need to add padding to helmet and that should help as it's bobbling around a tadIMG-20240415-WA0025.jpg.d28b326489a1c7b99004da2e0923f5f3.jpg

Yes, I recommend that you affix some velcro to your bund so that it can attach to your flak vest. That should keep it up securely. Looks like it needs to come up about 2".

Your belt also needs to come up. Find your belly button and put the top edge of the belt just below that.

Take some of the tightness out of your crotch strap. But also, you should look at adding some stiffening material to your cod to keep it from scrunching so much.

Check this thread for more tips:

4 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Yes, I recommend that you affix some velcro to your bund so that it can attach to your flak vest. That should keep it up securely. Looks like it needs to come up about 2".

Your belt also needs to come up. Find your belly button and put the top edge of the best just below that.

Take some of the tightness out of your crotch strap. But also, you should look at adding some stiffening material to your cod to keep it from scrunching so much.

Check this thread for more tips:

Thank @ChopperPossibly the issue is that the crotch of the flight suit is very low so there a fair bit of scrunched up under the cod. Might need to send back to get it taken up a couple of inches. I know you need a bit of room but I feel it's too much. Maybe that's what's causing issues with the bund being pulled down?

They're sewn together like that? That will cause issues then. Generally, the cod attaches to the vest or flight suit independently of the bund. Having it set up like that then allows movement of the bund without pulling the cod and causing scrunch issues.

1 minute ago, Chopper said:
13 minutes ago, Chopper said:

They're sewn together like that? That will cause issues then. Generally, the cod attaches to the vest or flight suit independently of the bund. Having it set up like that then allows movement of the bund without pulling the cod and causing scrunch issues.

Just checked and they are together using velcro, so potentially could attach to the vest or suit

• Like 1