micahman6525: Scout Build WIP

Hey everyone,
I think it's almost time for me to take the plunge into the world of Pathfinders and purchase all the bits and pieces.
I just wanted to list the parts/ vendors to get everyone's thoughts on whether I'll have any trouble getting basic approval and/or might be missing anything. Appreciate it.
This will be my first build so im looking forward to it. Also, if you have any EC-17 recommendations such as what the most popular material it's made from and the general price point?

Helmet + Armor Kit: Chef's Creation

Belt + Thermal Detonator: Chefs Creation

Boots: Chefs Creation (Should I just attach the holster on myself or have it done for me?)

Gloves: Wampa Wear 

Flight Suit/Vest/Cummerbund/Codpiece/Pouches: KriptonTop

• Like 1

Hi Micah and thank you for starting a WIP. You can't go wrong with any of the vendors you identified and you shouldn't have an issue for basic clearance but keep in mind that it's not so much the armor but how the armor fits you and the care in building it. A couple of items to keep in mind: gloves - you'll want to order a size up as Wampa tends to run a tad smaller and for your soft goods make sure you order your shipping with tracking so you can follow it from the source.

Regarding the blaster there are several vendors as well as 3D print versions available. You can check out the threads here:

https://forum.501stpathfinders.com/forum/74-rotj-biker-scout-weapons/

As always follow the CRL as that's what the GMLs are going to use to approve you into the Legion. Also make sure that you touch base with your local Garrison to start working with them and getting to know the troopers you will be deployed with.

http://www.garrisontyranus.com/

• Thanks 1

Hey Micah! Retrofire provided great feedback. To that I recommend that you touch base with Chef. I think he recently put a hold on taking new orders so that he could clear his current workload, so you may want to inquire about his current lead time for production. He’s certainly worth the wait, but it depends on what your time frame is too.

As for blasters, I highly recommend https://blasterworks.net. His blasters are rubber and he uses the DarthVoorhees molds that have been a staple around here for years. He generally ships in 2 days so there’s no lead time for production. You’d be surprised how often the blaster gets banged around being mounted to your boot, but there’s no worries with a rubber blaster.

As mentioned above, make sure to request FedEx shipping with Kripton Tops. Let us know if you have any further questions. We’re happy to help.

• Like 1

Chef is still taking orders for kits so if for instance you were going to twin and built it all yourself you’d be fine but with a lead time of around 4-6 weeks possibly longer. Info from his site 

As of now it’s the fully built scouts that are currently not being taken till they can catch up.  I waited just over 6 months but it’s worth it. 

• Thanks 1

Update: gloves and soft armor ordered, still waiting on a reply from Chef (time zone difference).

For anyone with Chefs helmet, do you have mobility with the visor? On his website it says it can’t be opened vertically and primarily should stay shut. Is that the case or could you it be possible to modify the helmet (within CRL standards) to make the visor open completely?

starting to get cold feet with watching video after video on the armor building process, definitely don’t want to make a mistake. The helmet looks very complicated but I think it’s important to gain the building experience.

The visor does open just not as far as some others. With some sanding it can be modified to open fully.

• Thanks 2

Replied to the message I was sent but for the thread here is a pic of how far mine opens..

Photo-03-04-2024-16-31-26.jpg?rlkey=5k7s

• Like 3

Hey Micah! It sounds like your experiencing information overload. Advanced research and planning is great but don’t over think it. Once you have stuff in hand and can see how things fit together I’m certain you’ll be more at ease. When the time comes, don’t be afraid to lean heavily on the armor team here. We’re always happy to help and we’ll get you across the finish line.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Aradun said:

Hey Micah! It sounds like your experiencing information overload. Advanced research and planning is great but don’t over think it. Once you have stuff in hand and can see how things fit together I’m certain you’ll be more at ease. When the time comes, don’t be afraid to lean heavily on the armor team here. We’re always happy to help and we’ll get you across the finish line.

Thank you for guidance, I will definitely be utilizing the armor team and my local squadron once the time comes. My gloves should come in tomorrow, I’m looking forward to slowly but surely piece everything together! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update: 

Everything has been ordered, should take a few months until everything arrives but will keep everyone posted.

So far my gloves have come in from Wampa Wear, definitely the right move to size up but my only question is if I need to remove the little clasp that hooks both gloves together? Thanks

TB Biker Gloves1.jpg